Rate Dr. Ahmer A Karimuddin

Dr. Ahmer A Karimuddin's Ratings

Dr K .. Hands down an exceptional doctor! As an RN and as a recovering rectal cancer patient my praise couldn't be higher. Intelligent, innovative, practical and compassionate. Don't even want to think about we're I would be now if it wasn't for his skill set. He referred me to a colleague for other treatment options. Explained in detail options and risks his procedure would entail. At times it wasn't any easy road, but his character shone thru with his availability, bedside manor, step by step info as needed and walked alongside us during this difficult time. My family and I are forever grateful for his service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2355460].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

Dr Karimuddin is amazing!! He recently performed colon surgery on my son who has been suffering terribly with Crohn's disease. He is so informative and takes time to listen to all your concerns. He has a great bedside manner. So friendly and puts you at ease. It's only been 4 weeks since my sons surgery but he already feels like a new man. He's only 18 and I feel this surgery has given him a new lease on life! Thank you so much!!! Your the BEST!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2355459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

this man and his staff has saved my life.I now live a better life because of DR. Karimuddin and his surgical staff.the team of doctors at St. Paul Hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][369836].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2014

Empathetic & exceptionally brilliant, top of his field, only surgeon in Canada that helped. Before surgery, in severe pain & low quality of life negatively affecting all aspects of my life. Had seen other surgeons who had no clue what they were doing, didn’t care, & created complications. Truly felt hopeless & was sure I’d never experience relief. He can’t miraculously cure disease but actually cares about helping patients experience a better quality of life & does what is possible to help. Truly improved quality of life & mental/emotional well-being. Not only saves lives but greatly improves quality of those with non-life-threatening illnesses. Hope I don’t need more surgery, if so, I’ll wait as long as it takes to see him. He listens, remembers, doesn’t rush, clearly explains & treats tailored to individual cases. Thank you! Note: long waits are because our health care system is horrendous & works against surgeons & patients - nothing to do with the surgeons.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][369835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2013

I was referred to Dr Karimuddin after 2 previous surgeries from 2 different surgeons that ended with complications. I have now had 2 additional surgeries and expect a full recovery thanks Dr Karimuddin and his staff. His bedside manner is second to none and his follow up is very thorough and I feel lucky to have found him. He will take all time you need to explain the procedure and what to expect in a very easy to understand manner without the attitude you sometimes get from surgeons. I highly recommend Dr Karimuddin if you are unfortunate enough to require his services. A really 5 star guy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][369834].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2013

Dr.Karimuddin has incredible bedside manner and always made me feel like I was going to be ok. He is very knowledgeable and keeps you focussed on the here and now. He treated me with respect and spent the time that I needed with me. He is a wonderful surgeon who I have the utmost respect for. He removed my cancer in full and did a fantastic job with that surgery. His follow up care also awesome:-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][369833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2013

I had subtotal colectomy done by Dr. A Karimuddin. It was a successful operation. Dr. Karimuddin is a five stars surgeon and has very deep knowledge of of his field and i found the operation result beyond my expectations. I am healing fast. when I had appointment for any question I had before the operation he told me that after the operation I might need to go to the washroom three to four times a day. I only go twice a day and rarely three times with full control. I have no sac and everything is working beautifully. it was bliss to have him as the surgeon. after the operation I turned to angry man and i was demanding insulting towards the nurses but they were very nice to me. I am very grateful to the nurses too. when the doctors or assistant surgeons came to see i told the that they are doctors with mentor. they didn't get angry back to me. I don't know her name but there was one who was a star surgeon or a rising star among the operation assistant doctors I am also grateful to the team and in particular to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][369832].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

My wife had unexplained perineal pain and Dr Karimuddin was the only specialist that took the logical steps to treat her and explain the medical rationale. This was after we paid over $10,000 on unnecessary surgery in the States with no relief of pain. Unfortunately, there is a long wait to see any of the colorectal surgeons at St. Paul's, but Dr Karimuddin is a highly intelligent, skilled and compassionate surgeon. Don't believe any of the negative posts ... complaining about wait times is true of anything in the Canadian Healthcare system. He will only do surgery if it is necessary or if the benefits outweigh the risks. Absolutely one of the best doctors in his field.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][369831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

I have had an anal fissure for nearly a year. Dr Karimuddin is the 4th specialist I have seen, and the first one to prescribe Diltiazem ointment to ease the pain, and Milk of Magnesium to assist having thin BM's that move without effort. He was kind, caring, and answered all my questions. Another proctologist performed 2 painful rectal exams which were perhaps not necessary, as well as prescribed dietary changes, Niphedipine amd Nitroclycerine ointment. These ointments worked ok, however the Diltiazem was much better for me. Other surgeons recommended surgery, while Dr Karimuddin suggested I can possibly still heal. I was in such despair and pain and he offered me hope and a solution that did not involve invasive surgery. Surgery may still be required, but at least I have the opportunity to heal. I waited 2 months to get an appointment, and with his help and kindness this has made a difference in my pain and recovery. I highly recommend him to you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][369830].votes_count ]]