Rate Dr. Sharif B. Missiha

Dr. Sharif B. Missiha's Ratings

Not the best bedside manor but a bright guy none the less. Sarah his receptionist is a wonderful lady. She seems very informed and I found her to be very helpful. Doctor Missiha made a good choice when he hired her. If he were a little more friendly like her he would be fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2712466].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

My mother was in a great deal of acute pain from last week. Within a short time Dr. Missiha had ordered tests and had a plan for the following day. He and his staff did a painless, virtually non-surgically intrusive procedure in very quick time removing many gall stones. My mom is very old and options for surgery would have put her recovery in jeopardy. Dr. Missiha gave her back her life. Excellent bedside manner. Explains the complicated medical terms in very understandable layman language. Knowledgeable and smart. His parents have every reason to be immensely proud of their son. I would recommend him to anyone suffering internally.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2691090].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

Amazing Dr. and fantastic staff. I have suffered from pain and bowel issues my whole life with no diagnosis. He was empathetic, and explained colonoscopy procedure in detail. His front staff was incredible, always returning calls and and being flexible with appointment times. He had no problem filling out forms for my employer, and due the fact that they don't take debit only cash for paperwork, the secretary still faxed paperwork before i paid. I would recommend this Dr. to anyone. I was diagnosed with IBS and he gave a brand new medication Constella that is working well!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2614151].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

I'm not a fan of doctors but I chose to go see Dr. Missiha because of ratemds.com. I have seen other gastros before. So far, so good. He has been open to what I know about my health, and where I want to take things. I appreciate that. I can tell by listening to him that he's very well researched and stays on top of the knowledge in his field. And his receptionist is so professional, I like that! She gets back to me quickly, calls me ahead for appointments that are too far ahead for the schedule, and is very polite. I will be continuing to work with Dr. Missiha.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][369966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

Seemed like a knowledgeable guy at first but after that it seems he plays guinea pig with you. I'm still seeing the guy but I get the feeling that he doesn't know what to do next. I don't like his wait and see approach especially because he says my problem could turn into cancer at anytime. He said that my intestines looked terrible before and they are not healing just changing. Changing to what??? I think it's time to get another opinion. I'm not trying to dis the guy but this is my life we're talking about.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][369965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2013

Dr. Missiha was very helpful, knowledgable and thorough. The staff was also very pleasant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][369964].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2013

follow up care was not there even after calling re complications from surgery told to ride it out

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][369963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2013

Going for my first colonoscopy I was of course hesitant. Had researched Dr. Missiha previously and felt better going in knowing so many people really liked his bed side manner, knowledge, attention to detail and skill level - I was not disappointed. Prior to the colonoscopy he spoke with me re: procedure, reviewed my health background, my family history; then explained pending result time frame for either follow up colonoscopy or appointment with him. He did not rush our question and answer period prior and made sure I was comfortable and knew all I could about the procedure. I remained awake for my procedure and I can honestly say I experienced no pain during or after the procedure. I am good for five years (mother has had colon cancer); squeaky clean and would highly recommend this man to anyone; and in fact I already have.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][369962].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][369967].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2012

This doctor is a credit to his profession. I was treated in a professional and caring manner through out the proceeder and corresponding consultation. He is a kind and caring gentleman

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][369960].votes_count ]]