Dr. Brett Habijanac

Dr. Brett Habijanac

Rate Dr. Brett Habijanac

Dr. Brett Habijanac's Ratings

nice guy, had 4 wisdom teeth pulled. Knows what he's doing. they push people through there like its a factory, I didn't feel like they were spending the time that they should have (35 minutes from the time I went under to the time I woke up in recovery). VERY OVERPRICED, if you're not insured AVOID. Overall, a pretty good experience.

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

I had upper and lower jaw surgery in November. All I have is positive things to say about the surgery I have a no pain and have been healing well. Dr Habijanic was amazing at telling me all the risks and what could happen with numbness. I definitely would recommend him !

Submitted Jan. 7, 2014 | flag

FIND ANOTHER SURGEON - for lower jaw surgery anyways. This doctor is not honest about the numbness he causes. He downplays it by stating you will have a little numbness down the middle of your chin. What he really means is your entire bottom lip and chin can be numb at a lot higher risk than 10%. Two years later I am still completely numb and no improvements in the jaw neither. After the surgery when conveying my concerns about the numbness he just blew me off, saying he wasn’t worried about it - he’s been paid and loses interest quickly. You would think he would want to meet with all his patients he causes numbness in so he can figure out how to improve his skill. It’s not us that’s the problem doctor, our nerves were perfectly fine going in . . . and at least with an honest pre-discussion stating the exact amount of numbness than it is indeed in our hands to make the decision, minimizing it so patients will commit, is well you know . . .

Submitted Nov. 26, 2013 | flag

I was referred here by my dentist with an abscess under my lower left wisdom tooth so it was going to be a complicated extraction. I waited a day and a half for his appointment, so by then I was in excruciating pain. Painkillers were not having any effect, and I had been throwing up for over 10 hours. He advised me that they would schedule me as soon as possible but it was going to be another day or perhaps two until they could get me in. When I told him I wasn't able to keep anything down, he advised that I needed to eat or the procedure would be more difficult. One of the nurses suggested that they could give me a shot that might help with nausea, so that I could take my antibiotics and food, but he told me to just go to the drugstore and get some Gravol. I just felt that this practice was so busy that they couldn't be concerned about me. When I went back to my regular dentist, they apologized, took me in immediately and pulled the tooth, giving me instant pain relief with no issue.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2013 | flag

He was pleasant and friendly. Seemed a little rushed but they are moving patients in and out of there like a factory farm. I had 3 wisdom teeth pulled and after anaesthetic there were about 8 other patients laying in the beds beside me. The front desk had the process streamlined and they were pleasant. Overall it was done efficiently, they followed up with me on the Monday (I had the extractions on a Friday. I would recommend them.

Submitted May 9, 2013 | flag

Hi, Please be aware that Brett is not open about information such as permanent numbness. He may say you can get a spot or two in a trivial way but the reality is you can get your entire lower area numb permanently (which is my case). After 2 years I have to be careful when i eat because I don't feel anything in my lower lip or below (chin included), I cannot feel a kiss anymore, I am extremely hurt emotionally. I find the information that he provided me and my family is inconsistent and new information has come up after surgery that he never mentioned before. For example, Right at the end of surgery I became aware that someone was pulling my knees and legs down because I was in extreme pain, what surprised me is that Brett came out of the room and told my family that everything went well and that i had no pain. The results from the surgery are not esthetically pleasing either. I regret from the moment i ever went into his clinic. Please be aware

Submitted Nov. 27, 2012 | flag

Just had oral surgery with Dr Habijanac and he and his staff were wonderful. Highly recommend him. He was pleasant, knowledgeable and gentle.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2012 | flag

My overall impression is that Dr. Habijanac is knowledgeable but extremely busy. I had 3 appointments and I always waited at least 35/40 minutes. Also, he did a very poor job in explaining me the risks of the jaw surgery and completely failed to mention me the possibility of partial permanent numbness to my lips, to my tongue or gums. Apparently this is not just a minimum risk and he did this not to scare me and because he didn't think it was a big deal. To me it is a big deal and it is not a risk that I am willing to take. It was certainly my right to be informed on my first appointment with him to make an informed decision! I had to find out this things looking on the internet. I met again with him and he was extremely defensive. In any case I decided to cancel the surgery 3 weeks before and I will go for non-surgery options. I wasted one year and so much money.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2011 | flag

He was quite knowledgeable but was condescending, pigheaded and extremely rude. The staff has messed up on several of my appointments and we have waited up to almost two hours for a previous appt.I am also not from Calgary so the trip to the office is quite tedious and time consuming. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone who has a tight schedule or who does not like dealing with pompous, egotistical, maniacs.

Submitted June 24, 2011 | flag

Three weeks ago I had orthognatic surgery and had my jaw broken, advanced, aligned and set in place with metal plates. The staff was always very friendly and kind. Dr. Habijanac was very knowledgeable and did a great job explaining the surgery. Post-op care was exceptional. I was in so much pain and was beginning to be discouraged from it after a couple of weeks but left every posp-op app't very encouraged and hopeful. I would highly recommend Dr. Habijanac. He is very clear on his availability for post-op concerns and questions and encourages you to phone the office no matter what your concern.

Submitted May 4, 2011 | flag