Rate Dr. Phillip D. Hylton

Dr. Phillip D. Hylton's Ratings

Went to him for expensive tests for two and a half years with a definitive diagnosis. I felt like he wanted to line his wallet with the money I wasted on seeing him. He did every test in the book but couldn't figure out my problem. When my husband's insurance changed, thank God, I found a neurosurgeon, Dr. Clifford Gall, to fix my problem after only seeing ONE test already done by Dr. Hylton (MRI). My problem was gone in the recovery room after Dr. Gall did the surgery. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Hylton.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2014 | flag

Six months after I had two back surgeries within seven days of each other I was taken to the KU ememgerncy room and diagnosed with an infection on mhy spine from the first surgery. Dr. Hylton did not do my other two back surgeries. He and Dr. Merino saved my life. If I had listened to the precious doctor I would have been dead by now. Dr. Hyton has a very kind and gentle spirit, genuine care and concern for me as a patient and explained everything to my familhy.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Hilton did Ulner Nerve surgery on my elbow and I am very pleased with the results. He could have been a little more forthcomming about the numbness and discomfort I would feel during recouperation, but having said that, I still feel he is a very good Doctor.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2013 | flag

Dr. is very people orintated and does what is in best interest of patient

Submitted Dec. 1, 2011 | flag

MY PRIMARY CARE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS WONDERFUL SURGEON. I WAS VERY LUCKY TO HAVE HIM WORK ON MY BACK. BECAUSE OF AN OTHER NEUROSURGEON MISTAKE I HAD SPINAL FLUID LEAKING OUT OF MY SPINAL CORD IN MY BODY. I WAS QUICKLY LOSING A BATTLE TO EVER WALK AGAIN. I WENT TO THE ER AT NKC AND THEY GOT DR. HYLTON IN ASAP. IN A FEW DAYS HE HAD ME FIXED. AFTER THAT SURGERY I HAD ANOTHER WHICH WENT WELL. A FEW DAYS AGO I ONCE AGAIN WAS IN HIS OFFICE. WOW HE IS A VERY BUSY MAN. I WAS TOLD I NEED NECK SURGERY, I'M SCARED BUT I KNOW I HAVE THE BEST SURGEON AROUND. I BELIEVE IN MY HEART IF HE IS DOING SURGERY IS BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO BE DONE. BLESS DR HYLTON AND ALL HIS PATIENTS. BTW HE IS A SURGEON NOT A PAIN DOCTOR SO HE WILL NOT GIVE MEDS OUT YOU WILL NEED TO SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR FOR PAIN MANAGEMENT.

Submitted July 22, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hylton removed malignant tumors from my spinal cord in 2001. He was very good about helping my parents understand what was happening and gave them time and attention when needed. I have never had any more issues since the surgery and recovered quickly.

Submitted June 16, 2011 | flag

This doctor was rude and had no professionalism. He examined my MRI, which stated many major findings and told me I had a pulled muscle in my hip and I was waisting his time. I received two other opinions and was found to have two ruptured disks and a completely blocked nerve in my back, which required surgery. Dr. Hylton entered the room and told me he did not know why I was there, and I had no issues. I made the mistake of apparently insulting his ego by calling him a " doctor" which he quickly informed me he was not a doctor and was a surgeon. He is very poor at his profession. If you wish to be talked to like a two year old child, this guy is for you. He was correct. He is not a " Doctor"!

Submitted May 11, 2010 | flag

Doctor was concerned about my condition and was able to get me scheduled right away for surgery. The surgery went smoothly. His staff was wonderful to work with when I had questions or concerns. My father had an issue come up a couple years after my surgery and I was able to call his office and get him right in for an appointment. They always returned messages quickly.

Submitted April 6, 2010 | flag

Did surgery on our son in 2002 with great results. We would use this doctor again.

Submitted March 15, 2010 | flag

I found Dr Hylton to be very knowledgable and easy to talk to. I am a nurse practitioner and thus pretty choosy about who treats my family members. My son has brain cancer and Dr. Hylton removed the brain tumor. My son did great and was out of the hospital after just a few days. I can't recommend him enough.

Submitted May 20, 2008 | flag