You may also like

Rate Dr. Erik Swartz

Dr. Erik Swartz's Ratings

I use to think that Dr Swartz was fantastic up until this last mis diagnosis that was confirmed by our new GP. Our daughter was born with a weak ankle and it it became really noticeable when she started walking. Being a nurse I was concerned and brought her in for Dr Swartz to assess. He said, that 'I was worrying about nothing and not to be concerned'. Well I am concerned now that our daughter is 6 and now has been dx with and inverted foot. This is now going to take ongoing physio and possibly orthotics and who knows what else. He also mis diagnosed a serious infection our daughters lymph node and again said, we were too concerned that kids get sick. Hmm, golf ball size lump in her neck that if treated early would not needed Children's Hospital ER doc dx and treating with antibiotics which Dr Swartz was opposed to.
Don't put all your faith in one Dr. Always seek a second opinion especially when it comes to Dr Swartz.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2833682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Dr. Swartz is a fantastic doctor. He has been my children doctor for over five years and is very knowledgeable, will spend the time time to make the parents and children feel comfortable before leaving his office. GREAT DOCTOR

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1173621].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

Dr Swartz is simply wonderful! His friendly attitude makes him so approachable and comfortable. He takes his time with ALL of your questions step by step, doesn't make you feel rushed or annoyed with every little concern you may have ( in my case I had up to 10 questions) Definitely very efficient and courteous!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1173620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2013

I found this pediatrician to be thorough, knowledgeable, efficient, professional and friendly. Made my son feel comfortable. Did not rush us and spent time to educate us on home care. Highly recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1173619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2011

Dr. Swartz is a great doctor, very knowledgeable and he knows how to make a patience feel comfortable to ask questions. It's important to trust your doctor, specially when it's your child's doctor, I trust him 100%.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1173618].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

Dr.Swartz is an excellent doctor. He is friendly, patient and very thorough. I feel very lucky that he was able to see my daughter. The own downfall is he cannot be my daughters regular doctor - I need to find a family physician for her, which is pretty much impossible in Richmond.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1173617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2009

Amazing doctor, my kids love him and are very comfortable with him. He's been our doctor for 5 years now and I hope he will be here until my kids are 18. He has found things that our regular family doctor never paid any attention to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1173616].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

My son has been with Dr. Swartz since he was new to this position for more than 5 years. He is always very nice and very patient most of the time. He listens and understands our concerns and gives us good recommendations. But we have to see doctors at walk-in clinic most of the time now just because the nurse there tell us "he is all booked for the day" even it is 9 o'clock in the morning. I wonder if there is anyway to improve the situation at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1173615].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2008

Very knowledgeable and helpful. I am not sure if we want to go back to see him if we can't book an appointment with him when needed. Apparently the nurses there have the control over the appointments, but are they representing him properly, maybe they should save more spots per day for emergency use, so the kids who have high fever can get a chance to see him the same day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1173614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2008

Dr. Swartz is a fantastic pediatrician. My 17 month old daughter loves him & surprises me every visit when she willingly tilts her head to assist him while checking her ears. If it were any other Dr, she would scream. Dr. Swartz has humored me with my many questions each visit, & patiently answes them even though some of those answers might not be what I want to hear (ie: "It's a virus, she will just have to tough it out"). He is obviously busy, & when you catch him toward the end of his day, he can come off a little short of patience (as would anyone!). I am currently frustrated with his staff though, as I had phoned to schedule a follow up appointment as instructed by a Dr at a walk in clinic, only to be told in an unkind manner that this office does not schedule follow ups. I had to be quite persistant and insistant that my daughter be seen. It was, of course, at that last visit that Dr. Swartz was not as patient as he had been at previous appointments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1173613].votes_count ]]