You may also like

Rate Dr. Jason J. Jackson

Dr. Jason J. Jackson's Ratings

Treats patients like drug addicts. Talks down to you. Never sees his patients himself. Always sends in a nurse or assistant. How can you go to a doctors office five times, get meds, undergo EMGs, and not once see the doctor in person? WTF? Worst doctors office I've ever been to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Seeing him twice/month over 4months I saw him ONCE! My regular Dr. Is a P.A. so that is not a problem...but really? He was extremely rude. Said I interrupted him. I was scared and cried the entire time, he did not care. I was with him due to the fact I couldn't get in to the Dr. my retiring one referred me to in time. I went there two weeks ago and am very hhappy.l I will be calling the OK Medical Association. I also plan to call and speak to his atlanta home office as well as the BBB. PHONE NOT COOPERATING. THE END. speaktoAAsAssociatiosAAssociationassociation.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2807668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr. Jackson and his staff are very courteous, helpful, and patient-oriented. Dr. Jackson apparently has an incredibly large caseload, so I understand why punctuality is problematic. I do think Dr. Jackson is very competent and well worth any waiting time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2748633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Upon my first visit with Dr Jackson he smiled shook my hand said he viewed my records and promised he'd work with me. I've had two personal encounters w/ Dr. J. then visits are w/his PA. "like attys do" First problem I experienced immediately on 1st visit (refused to continue to prescribe my xanax. said, too many CNS depressants and refused me so he instead prescribed Hydroxyzine Pamoate 25 mg. ( like Benedryl) Wow, that was hard on me after yrs of same xanax dosage. I noticed a cycle of pain triggered symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression. However, Dr J. "thru his PA" wouldn't continue to prescribe my meds as I'd been prescribed from my previous PCP. Dr reduced my hydrocodone by 1/3 after 2nd visit & stopped my xanax cold turkey " wow, that was a hard blow!" I've such levels of uncontrolled pain that upon my 6th visit I had to complain about my pain level vs comfort (causing cycles of stress) vs cost vs next approach to a solution and this is thru his PA again). The PA couldn't help me with my request to increase my hydrocodone back to my original amt. although she did state the government was in control of the amts. and only 4 pills were allowed of hydrocodone @ 24 hrs. When I ask her to show me ie provide the proof of her statement she wouldn't ie couldn't. She acted as if I'd ask to borrow her panties or something outta this subject area. Anyhow, I was beginning to see the whole picture and didn't argue the point any longer. She left me for a few 10 min times only to return and said, Dr J didn't want to see me back and he was dismissing me. I never got a straight answr from the PA and when I ask her name she hesitated and told me only her fist name. I was given a Dr's refrrel list with a 30 day script of my meds and sent on my way. I never did visit with Dr. Jackson since the first couple of appts. (Only his PA). She kept repeating like a parrot epi. injections, stimulator, cream, braces, etc.. If she ie Dr J. would've refreshed themselves with my large file of record that was requested to have upon the initial visit, of all my conditions and all my past surgeries ie proceedures would then they may have noticed that I've had all the above at least 8 times in the past on going 10 yrs. Inasmuch Dr. J. pushing sorts of proceedures and tests is rediculiousness. This Isn't a misunderstanding only an understatement. He's charged my ins. 4 times these amts. $1,600.00 urinalysis, $1,200.00 Psych test that isn't reconized by the Board and $120.00 per tests on each one of the 12 tests and many other charges that I mentioned in my cost vs comfort statement. Costs were ave. $330.00 mo. not incl. my scripts at the pharmacy every 18 to 27 days after my set appts. Dr.J. gets an extra month outta doing this 3 wk scheduling, but remember that your ins co will only allow you to refill one time a month unless Dr. J. signs an override ie calls the pharmacy which he won't ie doesn't. Oh, and regarding Scheduling, Fri, and Edmond office: never reschedule when your sick or dead cuz you'll be punished by every action he can bestow upon you that he can get by with legally and make you wish you'd kept that one appt. and never had tried to complain. Don't accept appts on a Fri at his Edmond office as it'll be too late to correct any mistake he ie staff may make with the amt of meds ie forgetting a script ie changing ie whatev. and then the pharmacy ie your ins is another problem in itself. Friday is too late of a date to do business if needed. Dr. has a phone center in Alabama and doesn't accept your personal calls nor does his staff on any occassion. Dr's. billing is combined with Dr Nelson and isn't in Oklahoma but is in Alabama. Hmmm? thought he was practicing in Okla? Or is he violating laws in both states? My billing is from Alabama Pain. He wanted to do a series of 3 inj into my knee but at the same note I asked for the single type of same med (Hylan) but, no, he tries to do 3 so to chg u & your ins lots. I know this type all too well and am proactive in keeping costs down for me and my ins co. so to save as much as possible. My ins co. loves me for shopping around and keeping great record of all goings on such as Dr. J. actions and billing practices. Hopefully, this kinda mess will be taken serious and Dr's will get the mssg. (perhaps a boycott) we can take our care outta his and others practice and choose to be proactive in our pain management. We learn by our mistakes and know to ask valid questions that deserve valid true answers. Ask as many questions as you can before you set up your initial appts. ex. taking new pts? how long bewfore you are scheduled? have your records ie referral, ask what names of tests he does and for what and how much, time (days ie weeks) between your regular appts., missed appts. policy, and more ...Remember that Pain Management Doctors don't understand pain cuz they're NOT in acute ie chronic pain!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2742156].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

I came to see Dr. Jackson with severe lower back pain. He diagnosed me with an acute herniated disc which was really upsetting my life. We treated it conservatively with rehab and an injection and I am now doing great!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2681118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

This doctor ran up medical bills in 2013 that i am still trying to pay off. He uses a "surgery" clinic to give injections, that he owns with two other people. That is generally fine, but not at these prices. Also he did nto send me a bill for about 6 months and finally sent it at the end of the year and it was beyond belief for what he did. He ordered MRI's and X-rays but apparently never looked at them. The doctor I went to after him gave the diagnoses. Also, if he would have read the X-rays, he would have seen a had a bulging disk. Now, because he didn't catch it, I must have surgery. The staff is arrogant and ignorant, will not answer a phone-ever. It is faster to drive to his office than try to get someone by phone. I did that. There is not enough time to write what I think of this quack, and tell of his bad acts. He should be stripped of his medical license and made to undergo the same treatment he gives out. He's a hack and a charleton.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2677779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

I would not recommend Dr Jason J Jackson to my worst enemy. When I first started going to him a few years ago, he was a great doctor and really seemed to care about me and my needs, but now I'm just a number. He doesn't even bother to show up for visits at all anymore, sends in a PA who spends 45 seconds in the room. You are required to come in every month of course. After careful examination of the statements they sent me I figured out why. Dr. Jackson has quite the scam going, he's charging insurance companies every month and me a co-pay even for the months I walk in to pick up a prescription from the front desk. My visits went from costing $130.00 per visit in Febuary of this year (2014) to $1489 (September 2014) charge for a urinalysis. This is what they are charging insurance companies and if you imagine how many other patients this happens to that do no notice it. Now you see why the wait times are so long. Save yourself time, money and a headache and find a different doctor.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2649975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

I don't like making reviews or ratings unless a doctor or place really deserves it, I would definitely not recommend this doctor to anyone! Don't know if it was my race or he just didn't like me but he is what they call a workers comp " prostitute", In other words he gets paid by the workers comp so he acts in their favor, that is unethical because knowingly making false reports on a patient that has had a back surgery and has problems, and for him to just totally ignore the patients pain and discomfort! that is just not a doctor worth recommending to anyone in pain. The doctor has an attitude, very un polite, arrogant, unkind, and you name it. I felt pretty bad after seeing him, I knew there was hope elsewhere besides this dirty, messy, rude office personnel and dr himself lol!

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2569337].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

I love Dr. Jackson. With all my injections ,he has never hurt me. Very gentle and kind. He knows all the latest procedures in pain management. The only problem with Dr. Jackson is his receptionist who never answers the phone and complains about how she wish she were home. She scheduled me for the wrong injection and told doctor I had ask for that procedure. Of course nobody believed me because computer said what she put into it. The wait time is 1 to 2 hours. I had to goto another pain doctor because It would take nnearly 2 months for office call and then another month to get a procedure. I wish he had not taken on 500 more patients from another doctor or I would be there again. I hurt to much to wait.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2559808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Been going to Dr Jackson for over a year. He is very knowlegable and compassionate! He takes his time to explain things in a way I can understand. The flip side of that is you sometimes have to wait longer because he does this with everyone! Highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2555504].votes_count ]]