Rate Dr. Laura Heslip

Dr. Laura Heslip's Ratings

Although I have lots to say about Dr. Heslip's receptionist, I'm not going to vent about that here. My biggest issue with Dr. Heslip is that despite having had an appointment with her recently when we discussed the date of my c-section specifically, I found out weeks later that she has since booked a vacation to Italy and didn't even bother to follow up with me about her not delivering my baby. Originally my midwife and I chose her for very specific reasons, and but have to say that while she is a highly competent doctor, patient care is clearly not at the forefront of her or her staff's minds. Now I am 6 weeks out from delivery and essentially don't have an OB and this entire situation could have been avoided. I am extremely stressed and her office is basically saying 'oh well, have a nice day' and sending me on my way to what will likely now end up being an unplanned c-section done when I go into labour eventually and walk into the emergency room. Thanks for nothing, Dr. Heslip.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

As some people commented here, I had had extremely bad experience with Dr. Heslip's receptionist, if she still works there( the last time I was there was in Dec 2012). I'm tempted to mention her name but I guess I shouldn't. I have visited Dr. Heslip several times at her clinic in the past. She was always so kind, professional and excellent doctor, and I just don't know why her receptionist has to be so rude, why Dr keeps letting her work there. Beside being rude, she always looks/talks stressed and extremely unprofessional. I recommend Dr. Heslip but you have to be prepared to be treated so poorly by this receptionist.

Submitted June 26, 2014 | flag

Dr Heslip was a great doctor. Always answered all my questions and very kind. Just be aware that wait times are about 1 hour after your scheduled appt. time (this is normal though, so as to be expected). I remember seeing reviews about her receptionist Agnes and they are all correct. She is very short and rude with patients. I had a horrible experience with her a couple times. She should not be dealing with pregnant ladies specifically. Her tact and message delivery needs a lot of work. I have since switched doctors (due to location).

Submitted June 4, 2013 | flag

Dr. Heslip is very a kind, gentle person. She is very knowledgeable and helpful. She makes me feel better every time I see her. Equally opposite is her staff Agnes's persona! Extremely rude and arrogant! Such a short tempered personal does not qualify for the job she does.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2012 | flag

Dr. Heslip is the best doctor in the world. She is gentle, professional, and very compassionate. She is very personal; she listens, and would even comfort me. All my fear is gone. I'm so glad she is my specialist. Her front desk, a young girl, is very polite, and extremely nice. I'd some problem after my minor procedure, the receptionist scheduled me in to see the doctor right away. If you've her as your specialist, you're very lucky.

Submitted June 21, 2012 | flag

Dr. Heslip is such a great OBGYN. Her receptionist is not fit to be a receptionist. She is rude and arrogant. I wish there is a way to bypass the receptionist to see Dr. Heslip.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2011 | flag

I have been seeing Dr.Heslip now for about 10 years and she has helped with the birth of my 2 children. I work in healthcare so I can understand the workload that she and her MOA/Agnes have to deal with on a daily basis. Laura, in my opinion has to be the most compassionate and knowledgable OBGYN around. I wouldn't recommend anyone else. I also highly disagree with the comments below regarding her MOA, Agnes. I've gotten to know Agnes real well this year and she is a very caring and genuine person. An obgyn's schedule can change on a daily basis with unexpected deliveries so it's understandable that Agnes will need to change your appointment last minute and with THAT many patients she cant always accomadate YOU. SHE IS NOT A WAITRESS PEOPLE! She cannot please everybody! Please be a little more considerate and patient when dealing with professionals in a healthcare setting. Respect goes both ways!

Submitted April 11, 2011 | flag

Dr. Heslip has delivered both my babies and I will again see her for my third. I absolutely would recommend her, she is great in delivery and very knowledgeabe and caring in her practice. She is the ONLY ObGyn I trust for my delivery and I have nothing but great things to say about her. She is laid back, very caring and very professional. The ONLY complaint I have would be that she is so busy that her office triple books her so I've waited up to 1 1/2 hours for my appointment. The MAJOR complaint I have is with the receptionist. She was very unaccommodating when changing my appointment times (saying there is no room and then finding someone a spot when a phone call came in) and I've witnessed twice now her hanging up on someone with frusteration. I really can't say good things about that bitter woman!!!! If you hate your job, find another one.

Submitted March 29, 2011 | flag

Dr Helisp is wonderful and Agnes is very sweet contrary to what everyone has wrote. Dr helsip is caring, thoughtful, did not rush me. Asked me my opinions on everything. I would recommend her to everyone

Submitted Jan. 10, 2011 | flag

I had my first appointment with Dr Heslip and found her to be very helpful and kind. She answered all of our questions and didn't make us feel rushed at all. We even found her MOA, Anges, to be very helpful. She clearly expalined how the offcie worked, gave us free samples of our prenatal vitamin and was very proffessional. I have zero complaints and look forward to going back.

Submitted Dec. 20, 2010 | flag