Dr. James M. Vest

Grad. Year: 1984

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 29/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 2.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. James M. Vest has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5669873

22/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3  Respond
RID: 5526096
05/06/14 4 5 5 5 I have read all the reviews from patients. There are internal problems with someone calling back with prescription refills. Maybe they need a different system but I don't think it has to do with Dr. Vest. Interesting I have had Dr. Vest as my primary Physician since 1998. He was highly recommended to me by a friend in health care. At first Dr. Vest seemed to have no bedside manner, distant. After my second visit I had a different opinion. I came in very ill with bronchitis and was sick all over. He was very compassionate and asked what medication I needed. I barked back...you're the Doctor, you tell me. He chuckled and said he meant what medicines in the past that have worked well for me with bronchitis. That made sense since I have several medications I am allergic to. So here I am 16 years and many sick visits later still with Dr. Vest. He's the greatest and I highly recommend him as an awesome, knowledgeable, helpful, and compassionate Doctor. I hope he never retires.
RID: 2916573
17/10/13 5 4 5 5 I HAVE BEEN SEEING DR VEST FOR 3+YEARS. I FIND HIM TO BE VERY HELPFUL, KNOWLEDGEABLE, AND TO THE POINT. THAT MAY APPEAR TO SOME TO BE DISMISSIVE BUT IT SHOULD INSTEAD BE CONSIDERED EFFICIENT! I DO NOT HESITATE TO RECOMMEND HIM.
Respond

17/03/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2540027
23/01/13 2 2 1 2 Very dismissive and not interested in listening to the patient.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2417835
05/09/12 2 2 1 1 he treats his patients as numbers instead of names.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1709576
09/02/12 1 2 3 3
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1700153
30/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Vest is amazing. He was very helpful to me in finding a solution to my needs. Dr. Vest made me feel like I was talking to a friend not a person that intimidated me. That was very important for my decision to stay with him when I was choose my personal doctor. He was able to fit me in with short notice and always made sure on the followup appointments, I doing better then then last time we spoke. I would recommend Dr. Vest to anyone in the Grand Strand area!  Respond
RID: 1400475
29/03/11 4 3 1 1 Dr. Vest is very forgetfull,he would ask me if i thought i needed a test seems unable to make decisions on his on. Also discharged me saying i had got mdicine from another dr. i went to the emergency room on a sunday cantacted dr vest on monday and told hiimm exactly what they had given me. he said that was fine, the nly other person i saw was in his office because he wasn't in and i was unaware that was wrong his staff gave me the appt. after discharging me refused to tell me why or talk to me had to find out why i was discharged from a specialist. he also referred me to 2 specialist. when i called back because i couldn't remember who he referred me to his staff said it wasn't in my chart that he had referred me. but i finally found on my own who it was and he had indeed referred me and the staff at the specialist ofice said he couldn't dscharge me if he had referred me so i guess he changed my records. i may be filing a lawsuit  Respond
RID: 1123397
09/03/10 3 3 1 1 I recently tried calling this Dr to get my prescriptions refilled as I always do when they run out. These have to be taken on a regular basis for a chronic lung illness. My husband stopped by to pick the prescriptions up and was told the doctor wouldn't refill them because it's a federal law that all patients must be seen every 6 months in order to get prescription refills. I then called the office and spoke with a nurse who checked my chart and said it had only been 5 months since my last visit. I asked if she could please leave a note for the Dr asking him to contact me about the issue. She then proceeded to hang up on me. I called back again and explained that since I was still within the 6 month time frame it was very important I not have to pay for an unnecessary office visit because my husband and I are both currently unemployed and my insurance co-pay was also just doubled. An office visit would mean I couldn't fill one of the prescriptions. I was told the Dr didn't care.
Paid (or co-pay): $71