Rate Dr. Karen Wardill

Dr. Karen Wardill's Ratings

Worst doctor in Burnaby. All she cares about is her money grabbing clinic. If you want a real doctor stay away from her. Terrible, Terrible, Terrible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2487537].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Wardill's for over 15 years. She is kind, understanding, shows empathy, listens well, is thorough, and does not hesitate to refer you to a specialist if she feels you need one. She has guided me through a number of medical (chronic and otherwise) over the years and has helped me immensely. There have been minimal wait times (10-15 min) when I've had an appointmenand she takes the time necessary to deal with issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2013

very helpful,knowledgeable and supportive. Best doctor, gp, I've ever had.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

I have always found her to be punctual & pleasant, and she takes the time to listen. I find it hard to get an appt though & usually arrive @ the start of her drop-in-I showed up today for the 3pm walk in time advertised on the home page of the website & was told by staff that her walk-in time didn't start until 6pm! I advised them of the error and got no apology, which would have been a welcome gesture given that I took an afternoon of work to go to a clinic that is no longer close to where I live & work! I would recommend her as a doctor if you can handle the sometimes disorganized walk-in clinic setting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

Karen wardill is a very punctual doctor who is always focused on what it wrong. I would recommend her to anyone in need of a doctor that can solve problems in a quick and efficient way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2010

Dr Wardill has been my family doctor since 2005. I have always been very pleased with her empathetic and straightforward professionalism when it comes to dealing with my medical issues. She is very open-minded when it comes to patients exploring alternative options to their issues, and provides her knowledgeable advise on questions and concerns. I believe as a patient, we have to take responsibility for our own well-being, and asking questions and understanding what we need (and our told to be well) is our responsibility, not that of our physician - they are there to help us but should not be treated as scapegoats for our pains/problems. In regards to the punctuality, I certainly wish we did not have to wait as long as we have to (at times) to see our doctors, but that is not the fault of the doctors themselves - but of an overloaded health care system that needs to be realigned to better serve our changing and ever growing population.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174449].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2010

I have been seeing her for a few years and I've always felt very listened to and respected. Yeah, she's rushed sometimes, but she is easy for me to talk to and helps me with what I need.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2010

I'm going to reiterate the praise and dismiss the complaints about Dr. Wardill as voices in a warehouse of ignorance with unrealistic expectations. I make a point of only going to the clinic when she is on duty ... and I am an astute and knowledgeable old guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174447].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2010

One of the best doctor's I have EVER been to. She immediately fixed my problems and was very personable and to the point. I would reccomend Dr. Wardill to any person, especially female, who wants to be treated in a fast, save and efficient manner. I am shocked at whoever posted the hateful comments below, which do NOT describe her qualities whatsoever. This doctor works hard and should be saluted, not bashed for her commendable efforts.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2009

I agree with most comments that lean towards this doctor being very laid back and unhelpful. I think this stems from her inexperience. Anything she is not familiar with will be dismissed as incurable and something you need to live with. My wife has had an abdominal pain and on several visits has been hushed away claiming either this being a part of stress, IBS. She is very rushed most of the time (due to the number of patients walking-in to that clinic; not because the doctors are good but because there is no other option). My wife after having suffered an abdominal pain for over one and a half years without diagnosis and several medications being tested by this doctor just to keep the clock ticking, has finally being diagnosed correctly and will be undergoing surgery hopefully soon. Thanks to another doctor who has turned out to be clever and efficient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1174456].votes_count ]]