Dr. Gustavo Ortega

Dr. Gustavo Ortega

Rate Dr. Gustavo Ortega

Dr. Gustavo Ortega's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 19, 2014 | flag

Had been my 5 kids Dr for over 14 yrs and we all love him and Maria. They are both awesome people who treat you like family, are patient, loving and kind. He is willing to listen to all aspects of concern and is very reassuring. He is definitely in the right line of business! I wish there were more people like him.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

I switched to Dr. Ortega after my original pediatrician couldn't fix my child's bum rash and I couldn't be happier with my decision. Dr. Ortega has solved any issue I have had with my daughter. He has always been pleasant with me and I find it neat that he does everything the "old school" way - he hand writes everything in his files as opposed to using a computer. I would recommend him to anyone!

Submitted June 23, 2014 | flag

Doctor Ortega is the most reliable and one of the most knowledgeable pediatrician in Edmonton, as parents we wish that everybody get a doctor like Dr. Ortega. He resolves all the medical concerns that we have, he is always approachable, he calls back when this is needed, cares about the patients and treat us with respect and consideration.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2012 | flag

Dr. Ortega is now treating a second generation in our family and we trust his knowledge completely. He has diagnosed everything from rashes to diseases and has always been correct. He will always tell you what tests should be done, why, and if there is a next step if the tests do not show anything. He cares about the well being of his patients and takes the time needed to figure things out (may cause a wait time but it is well worth). Maria will always fit you in if the issue requires immediate attention and will get you in within a day or two if it doesn't. She is wonderful with the kids as well. I would recommend Dr. Ortega to anyone with a child.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2011 | flag

Dr. Ortega is very thorough. He has caught things that other doctors have missed many times. He takes his time with each patient, and is very good with children. I was a patient of his, and now my children are. Doctors do not get any better than this one. Highly recommended!

Submitted Nov. 16, 2010 | flag

Dr. Ortega is amazing. He has been our family's pediatrician since my nephew was born 15 years ago. He will still take him in as a patient too, and he STILL gives him a sticker and Plays the silly games, its awesome. I now have my own child, and I wouldn't go to anyone else. He really DOES take his time to diagnose to make sure he is right, which he always is, and he has such a big heart. Never acts like he's getting tired of his job, and still makes every kid feel special. I am also very low income and he never judges and prescribe accordingly when necessary without me having to repeat the fact that I'm poor. he is very understanding, loyal, trustworthy and Reliable. His receptionist Maria is the sweetest lady too. Really- when I walk in the office, I feel like I'm with family. I wish we could clone them so everyone could share the same experience. I also like when I miss appointments or am late- I don't get scrutinized or scolded. They are both Genuine, Understanding People.

Submitted Sept. 20, 2010 | flag

I've been going to Dr Ortega for 4 years now. My son likes him a lot. He is very knowledgeable and nice to talk to. My son likes the stickers! He orders tests if needed (better safe than sorry) and keeps an eye on them. I found that we can get in the office in case of an emergency. They are very accomodating. Ahh another thing, he returns calls on the weekends!! Thanks a lot Dr and Maria, gracias!!

Submitted April 22, 2010 | flag

Dr. Ortega is so good with the children and the only Dr. to catch anything any of my children have, not like the in and out medi-centre Docs.

Submitted March 31, 2010 | flag

Amazing doctor, he is so understanding and takes his time w/ his patients. He is really approachable and kind. I was so happy that he didnt pressure me on the vaccines, he just accepted my decision. I didnt have a problem w/ the receptionist either she was pretty nice and got me in for a appointment very quickly.

Submitted March 2, 2010 | flag