Rate Dr. Abdusalem Elalem

Dr. Abdusalem Elalem's Ratings

I was admitted to ER at Hotel Dieu Grace in WInsdor in April 2013. After CTScan and Scope, Dr. Elalem came to my room at 10:00PM to explain my situation. During subsequent appointments and telephone communications, he took time to explain to me the surgery required and the risk. I had G.I.S.T. After the surgery, he came to see me during his off day. He is a caring, patient and a wonderful man and he saved my life. Thank you Dr. Elalem. SK Wong

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2014

I am a health care professional who was fortunate to have Dr. Elalem treat me in the E.R. @ H.D.G.H. This absolutely wonderful,caring Dr. was professional, compassionate and a true gentleman.This remarkable man with his medical expertise and skill saved my life.. Windsor is so lucky to have both of the best thoracic surgeons, thanks to Dr.Elalem & Dr.Coughlin.....B.R.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356095].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

Dr Elalem is a kind caring professional surgeon. He saved my Life. I had a G.I.S.T in my stomach that was successfully removed. Not only did he take the time to explain to me the procedure beforehand and followup after in the Hospital, he took as much time as was needed to explain it to my wife and daughter after the surgery. Once home he told me to call his office any time and ask to speak to him and his staff would would put me right through if I had any problems. Four weeks after surgery he made a personal phone call to me just to make sure I was OK. Wonderful man!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379454].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2013

Dr, Elalem was the on call surgeon at HDGH he did 2 surgerys on me both for the same thing a absest in my breast that keeps coming back not sure if its because of what he did or what,but i really liked him alot he made me feel at ease at the hospital anyways, when i went to my follow up appointment at his office it took me to have to get the bayshore clinic where i was going for my dreessing change to get ahold of him to get an appointment because they DO NOT answer the phone or call you back i thought the secretary was very rude and so was Dr. elalem much different from the hospital he didnt even look at the incision that he made on me i was upset when i left his office total different experience from at HDGH.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2013

Dr elelam is the very polite, caring, he knows what he is doing. He did both of my surgerys and he did a good job at both. If I ever need another surgery, no questions asked he will be doig that surgery.. hands down best surgeon from both ofmy experiences.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379452].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Outstanding experience with Dr.Elalm. I had a mass found in my upper chest and he put me in his schedule priority. I saw him, he took my history, ordered labs and a biopsy, all to be done within the week. He is professional, direct yet compassionate, lists options, answers questions and offers clinical treatment options as well personal treatment options (positive outlook). I found him to be a very very good doctor and a class gentleman. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2013

My husband was told he had lung cancer by his family Dr on Sept. 26th and referred to Dr. Elalem. We were able to see him within a week and were very impressed with him, however since then we have been unable to find out the results of the lung biopsy and the PET scan. The phone is never answered and the message on the answering machine is a laugh ... promises of "48 hour" call backs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2012

Was referred to Dr. El-Elam for digestive issues I was having. He performed an endoscopy and sorted out my issues. Sometimes the cure for digestive disorders means dietary changes not "pills", and I was no exception. Would gladly go back to this doctor again if needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379449].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2012

Helpful. Knowledgeable. Friendly. He has treated myself and a family member recently. Both positive experiences.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

He is very kind, knowledgable, caring, patient, and every one I met in HDGH said lots of good things about him not only me. He is an amazing, very wellknown and a pro. I recommend him for everyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379447].votes_count ]]