Rate Dr. Ian MacDonald

Dr. Ian MacDonald's Ratings

Dr. MacDonald is thoroughly a sweetheart and a joy to have as a doctor. My husband has been his patient for a number of years and we always look forward to visiting him(aside from the horrible parking arrangements and parking costs at the Royal Alex). He is so caring, compassionate, understanding and funny. Whenever we leave after our visit we feel uplifted and hopeful. A wonderful person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2586011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

he is the BEST you could ask for! kind , caring , helpful! he is just amazing!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1175039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2013

My son was ill with a metabolic disease that affected his vision among other things. Dr. McDonald was wonderful with him (and me). When my son eventually died he sent a card to us. A very special touch from a very special man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1175038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2008

What a wonderful doctor. Great man. Very nice, kind, compassionate, takes the time out to talk to you as you do not feel rushed, very knowledgable, soft spoken where kids do not feel apprehensive or anxious to see him. Both my daughters had him as a doctor while we lived there and what a great man. My children loved him especially because of the stickers and plastic rings he gives to them. He could convince my children to do anything and look at any bright light. What an awesome doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1175037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2007

I very much like him. he was nice, kind and showed compation. he made me feel comfortable and when he didnt know what to do about my son's options, he got a second opinion just to make sure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1175036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2007

Oh my! If only more doctors could be like Dr. McDonald. When our daughter was diagnosed with RP, we saw another doctor first, who was abrupt and cold in his manner, so we asked for a different doctor. I think God must have handpicked Dr. McDonald to be the one to take our daughter as a patient. He was so kind, gentle, encouraging and did not at all make us anxious about what we could be facing. He was very knowledgable and so very approachable. A true role model of what a doctor should be. How we miss him now that he has moved from Edmonton.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1175035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2007

Thank you to Dr. MacDonald who provided a good and kind air to his practise. I was impressed by his ability to relate positively to our child and as parents, offer quality advice and reassurance as well as promptness in correspondence. Above all: genuine caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1175034].votes_count ]]