You may also like

Rate Dr. Ian MacDonald

Dr. Ian MacDonald's Ratings

Absolutely the best physician. Clinical excellence and kindness as well. A rarity and a gem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2847216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Sweetest man ever. Did a phenomenal job on my second strabismus surgery after first one was...uhh botched. .. by another doctor in his absence in 08. His wonderul gentle skilled hands left me with like...zero pain post op. He can come at my eyes with sharp objects anytime he wants. He is pure genius. :-)

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2797546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

He is the doctor of the doctors !!! thank you DR, IAN MACDONALD !

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2787601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

So far not impressed at all. Disorganized staff. Staff actually made fun of me because of eye condition. Waited till the morning of my second visit, after I drove 1.5 hours to get there, so im coming on from out of town, to thoroughly skrew me around. They also told me they called me, which is an outright lie, because they were given two alternate numbers. They told me that all the numbers were out of service, which is also a lie. I have lost confidence in this doctor and this office. I do not feel safe letting him near my eyes with sharp instruments if they can't even handle the paperwork. Unhelpful. I have no job because I can't see properly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2763000].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

Dr. MacDonald is thoroughly a sweetheart and a joy to have as a doctor. My husband has been his patient for a number of years and we always look forward to visiting him(aside from the horrible parking arrangements and parking costs at the Royal Alex). He is so caring, compassionate, understanding and funny. Whenever we leave after our visit we feel uplifted and hopeful. A wonderful person.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2586011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

he is the BEST you could ask for! kind , caring , helpful! he is just amazing!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1175039].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2013

My son was ill with a metabolic disease that affected his vision among other things. Dr. McDonald was wonderful with him (and me). When my son eventually died he sent a card to us. A very special touch from a very special man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1175038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2008

What a wonderful doctor. Great man. Very nice, kind, compassionate, takes the time out to talk to you as you do not feel rushed, very knowledgable, soft spoken where kids do not feel apprehensive or anxious to see him. Both my daughters had him as a doctor while we lived there and what a great man. My children loved him especially because of the stickers and plastic rings he gives to them. He could convince my children to do anything and look at any bright light. What an awesome doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1175037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2007

I very much like him. he was nice, kind and showed compation. he made me feel comfortable and when he didnt know what to do about my son's options, he got a second opinion just to make sure.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1175036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2007

Oh my! If only more doctors could be like Dr. McDonald. When our daughter was diagnosed with RP, we saw another doctor first, who was abrupt and cold in his manner, so we asked for a different doctor. I think God must have handpicked Dr. McDonald to be the one to take our daughter as a patient. He was so kind, gentle, encouraging and did not at all make us anxious about what we could be facing. He was very knowledgable and so very approachable. A true role model of what a doctor should be. How we miss him now that he has moved from Edmonton.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1175035].votes_count ]]