Rate Dr. John Yu

Dr. John Yu's Ratings

Sadly, I do not have favorable feed back. For almost two years, I struggles with prescription (expensive) creams. Never changed it. My research educates me there are several options besides "prescription creams" eg. tar compounds and more ... I When he was "new" on the North Shore, the appointments were "regular" Now he can make you wait 6-9 months. The worst of worst is, his repeat patients (if not seen in 6 months) and he treats them as "new" patients. On the contrary, the skin care center in Vancouver, does not treats "repeat" patients as "new" patients: makes accommodation to see repeat patients within 4-6 weeks.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2014 | flag

Have a medical background myself and found Dr. Yu to be an excellent clinician: explains what he finds or doesn't find (remember doctors aren't "all knowing and seeing", so for a physician to advise he doesn't know what's causing a problem is admirable); ensures his patient understands the nature of a condition and how they need to participate in the care plan to address it (I.e. sunscreen) and, utilizes current/best practices established for his specialization. It generally isn't necessary for a doctor to spend long periods of time for each patient visit (unless it's a complete physical and in then, it's a patient's responsibility to book it appropriately. A clinic visit should be restricted to address a specific concern (not a myriad of things thought up once you're in the exam room), remembering, specialists are few an far between and they do more than just see patients (paperwork, continuing ed, etc.) so be thankful for the Dr. Yu's brief visits - means more patients can be seen!

Submitted Aug. 10, 2013 | flag

Haven't even met yet, but office informed me that it was my obligation to call 1 week before my appointment (6 months away), at which time they would give me their address.

Submitted June 5, 2013 | flag

I have been struggling with my psorisis for some time now. After the usual lenghty delay to see him the first time it was much easier to see him. Because of his suggestions and combination of therapies, I'm as good as lesion free. Changed my life in a very real sense.

Submitted April 18, 2013 | flag

Dr Yu & his staff can be summed up in one word: amazing! The MOA's are efficient, helpful and personable especially given how busy the office is. Runs like a well oiled machine! Dr Yu himself is such a great Dr. everytime I've seen him he asks how my son is doing (by name!) since he is a patient there too. Dr. Yu you as a person not just a chart; great bedside manner, which is so rare these days. Very knowledgeable, professional and patient - really takes the time to explain things. Honestly the best Dr I've ever seen - wish all Drs were as great as Dr. Yu!

Submitted April 17, 2013 | flag

I received over 5 treatments for flat warts. I understand they are very hard to get rid of, but after having my hand burned 5+ times they are still there. My hand is still healing weeks later - the burning was very deep and painful. I am not continuing with treatment - I will seek out a naturopathic or alternate way to deal with these difficult warts. Please note the unhelpful rating is because the treatment didn't work - Dr. Yu was very professional and pleasant and his intention was to be helpful.

Submitted April 9, 2013 | flag

I had a rash on my foot and leg for 5 years! I had been prescribed multiple steroid creams that didn't work. A few weeks ago, Dr. Yu prescribed me two weeks of pills to take and everything cleared completely on my skin! I realize that not everything is treatable, but if it is I trust him as my skin doc. I called his office to thank him for making such a difference in my life.

Submitted March 5, 2013 | flag

Dr Yu is an extremely competent dermatologist. I had been to three other dermatologists in Vancouver who despite numerous attempts over a two year period, were unable to clear up my skin issue. Dr.Yu prescribed a compound cream on my first visit and my problem cleared up within 10 days. He's warm, caring, and very intelligent. His office manager Adele is a lovely and very efficient gal who is a great asset to the practice. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Yu. and his staff.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2013 | flag

Dr. Yu consulted me regarding my scalp problem. The consultation was very brief and he was not able to put a diagnosis. He said he did not know what my condition was. However, he was quick to prescribe lifetime medication. Good bedside manner, but unable to diagnose my condition.

Submitted Nov. 9, 2012 | flag

After being referred to Dr.Yu by my GP, I came to this site right away to read the comments. When I was contacted to confirm my appointment (in 4 months time!) I was a little dissapointed that some of the not-so-good comments here might be accurate. That ALL changed yesterday/today when I went to the office and was greeted by a very pleasant and frienly receptionist who not only greeted me by name but continued to do so with every person that came in after me. I got the impression that she was personally friends with every patient that came in, she was just that nice! Honestly. Dr. Yu was also amazing and has given me hope (with regard to my skin condition) where I previously thought there was none! Their office is really busy but keep in mind how few doctors there are in Vancouver who can do what he does and that there are people from all over the province coming to see him! Good luck everyone! :)

Submitted Oct. 17, 2012 | flag