Rate Dr. John Yu

Dr. John Yu's Ratings

I had an appointment with Dr YU for an annual body scan check up. The appointment was 7 minutes and he was in a hurry to attend to other people waiting in other rooms. I was asked to make a follow up appointment so I called later to inquire if all his scheduled appointments were only 7 minutes and the receptionist said yes. I am the prime care giver of my skin and health. I need a professional who has at least 10 to 15 minutes to give me information.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Sadly, I do not have favorable feed back. For almost two years, I struggles with prescription (expensive) creams. Never changed it. My research educates me there are several options besides "prescription creams" eg. tar compounds and more ... I When he was "new" on the North Shore, the appointments were "regular" Now he can make you wait 6-9 months. The worst of worst is, his repeat patients (if not seen in 6 months) and he treats them as "new" patients. On the contrary, the skin care center in Vancouver, does not treats "repeat" patients as "new" patients: makes accommodation to see repeat patients within 4-6 weeks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530615].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Have a medical background myself and found Dr. Yu to be an excellent clinician: explains what he finds or doesn't find (remember doctors aren't "all knowing and seeing", so for a physician to advise he doesn't know what's causing a problem is admirable); ensures his patient understands the nature of a condition and how they need to participate in the care plan to address it (I.e. sunscreen) and, utilizes current/best practices established for his specialization. It generally isn't necessary for a doctor to spend long periods of time for each patient visit (unless it's a complete physical and in then, it's a patient's responsibility to book it appropriately. A clinic visit should be restricted to address a specific concern (not a myriad of things thought up once you're in the exam room), remembering, specialists are few an far between and they do more than just see patients (paperwork, continuing ed, etc.) so be thankful for the Dr. Yu's brief visits - means more patients can be seen!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2013

Haven't even met yet, but office informed me that it was my obligation to call 1 week before my appointment (6 months away), at which time they would give me their address.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379641].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

I have been struggling with my psorisis for some time now. After the usual lenghty delay to see him the first time it was much easier to see him. Because of his suggestions and combination of therapies, I'm as good as lesion free. Changed my life in a very real sense.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Dr Yu & his staff can be summed up in one word: amazing! The MOA's are efficient, helpful and personable especially given how busy the office is. Runs like a well oiled machine! Dr Yu himself is such a great Dr. everytime I've seen him he asks how my son is doing (by name!) since he is a patient there too. Dr. Yu you as a person not just a chart; great bedside manner, which is so rare these days. Very knowledgeable, professional and patient - really takes the time to explain things. Honestly the best Dr I've ever seen - wish all Drs were as great as Dr. Yu!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379639].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

I received over 5 treatments for flat warts. I understand they are very hard to get rid of, but after having my hand burned 5+ times they are still there. My hand is still healing weeks later - the burning was very deep and painful. I am not continuing with treatment - I will seek out a naturopathic or alternate way to deal with these difficult warts. Please note the unhelpful rating is because the treatment didn't work - Dr. Yu was very professional and pleasant and his intention was to be helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379638].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

I had a rash on my foot and leg for 5 years! I had been prescribed multiple steroid creams that didn't work. A few weeks ago, Dr. Yu prescribed me two weeks of pills to take and everything cleared completely on my skin! I realize that not everything is treatable, but if it is I trust him as my skin doc. I called his office to thank him for making such a difference in my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr Yu is an extremely competent dermatologist. I had been to three other dermatologists in Vancouver who despite numerous attempts over a two year period, were unable to clear up my skin issue. Dr.Yu prescribed a compound cream on my first visit and my problem cleared up within 10 days. He's warm, caring, and very intelligent. His office manager Adele is a lovely and very efficient gal who is a great asset to the practice. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Yu. and his staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2013

Dr. Yu consulted me regarding my scalp problem. The consultation was very brief and he was not able to put a diagnosis. He said he did not know what my condition was. However, he was quick to prescribe lifetime medication. Good bedside manner, but unable to diagnose my condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][379635].votes_count ]]