You may also like

Rate Dr. Kirkor Kichian

Dr. Kirkor Kichian's Ratings

I had a little bit of a bad experience with Dr Kichian, or maybe I was just mal-informed by his secretary. I went in for an endoscopy to test for celiacs however the secretary told me I needed to eat 2 pieces of toast a day for 1 week before the scope was done. She also told me I would be unconscious for the procedure but when I went in, I was not unconscious and it really bothered me. I was not mentally prepared for the procedure seeing as I was unaware that I'd be awake. However I believe that is the receptionist's fault for giving me wrong information. I was called recently from Dr Kichian's office where I was told (after being diagnosed with celiacs from the last biopsy) that he wanted to do another scope because he was not sure that I had celiacs since my results were only a "weak positive". Little did I know if the receptionist had told me I needed to eat 2 slices of toast for 3 weeks instead of 1, I would have to go through the procedure again. So she really needs to give clients the right information. Many people get endoscopies, how could she possibly mess that up? Honestly. I'm not very impressed. I'm hoping that maybe this experience will be better the next time around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2799252].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Dr. Kitchian is simply the best. One could not be in better hands!. He is very patient, and cares a lot about his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2763803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

I am very grateful to have him as my doctor. The receptionist does need to go back to school and review the etiquette aspect of being a receptionist. However it doesn't affect me in the least bit because she isn't the one with the brains. It's the doctor. As long as I am leaving there with the best care of the doctor that's all that matters. I do hope Dr. Kochi an makes a change with his staff. And finds a new fresh face for his office. Dr. Kichian is great!!! A+++++

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2737540].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

I can't beleive that we are talking about the same office. The receptionist I encountered was compasionate, kind, understanding and accomodating. Sensing my anxiousness she got me in quickly for a colonoscopy and when I called the day after an unsucessful biopsy she made sure that she got me in the same day for a follow-up appointment with Dr. Kichian. I am forturnate that during this stressful time I have had only kind and caring people to deal with; Dr. Kichian's receptionist being one of them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2699659].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

My daughter wad very, very sic with crohns a few years ago. We liked Dr. Kichi an but would have to agree that one of his receptionists was especially nasty. As a mother of a sick child she showed zero compassion and was cruel. I will never forget her. We switched doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2695214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

I felt compelled to comment on this wonderful doctor and his staff .
Dr.Kitchian saved my daughters life 10 years ago with his knowledge, skill and contacts. Since then all of my family and friends have seen him.
His receptionist took my husband as a patient even though he was not accepting new patients.
I am very sorry for the trouble the last person had but please Dr.Kitchian is a wonderful Dr.!
I've had 3 colonoscopies with him with no problems or pain.
Thanks Dr.Kitchian from a very grateful Mom and patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2682169].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

Dr. Kichian's office is the worst I ever called and tried to reach. It takes a lot of work to reach anyone in his office by phone. I tried to reach this doctor's office for two days, making more than 20 calls and always getting the same message with instruction not to leave any message on Thursdays and that patients' calls are only answered on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm and it may take 48 hours to get back to you if you leave a message! I finally succeeded in reaching a lady today, Tuesday, January 6, 2014. It was the lady who recorded the voice message, and she's an unusually rude character; very crude and ever impatient, she prefers the voice of her own voice and lacks listening skills. Rather than solving my appointment date issue, she accused me of lying about the dates and time I will be away from Ottawa! She is nasty, crude, rude and uncouth. I will never attend that clinic and her rude behaviour made it imperative for me to come here and put this review in print. I am sure Dr. Kichian must have been told about the saucy behaviour of this lady and it beats me that he has done nothing to get rid of her. I guess there are too many patients in Ottawa who are running after very few doctors. This is very sad, inappropriate and unacceptable. I will never visit such a doctor for whatever it is worth.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2673215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

Doctor Kichian is very professional and friendly as are the staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513381].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

I have been seeing dr. Kichian for over 5 years. I am surprised to see the comments posted about him and his staff as I have had only positive experiences. I have suffered from colitis for over 25 years with flare ups occurring more than twice a year. Since seeing dr. Kichian I have made tremendous progress. I have tried different medications under consultation with dr. Kichian. He has always been open to discussing treatment options with me and monitors my condition. I highly recommend this doctor. The staff i have interacted with have always been helpful and kind in my opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Nothing bad to say about Dr Kichian. His receptionist leaves me speechless. I have never dealt with anyone so rude and ignorant who works with the public! She should be sent on a customer service / people skills course ASAP!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][380899].votes_count ]]