Dr. Kirkor Kichian

Rate Dr. Kirkor Kichian

Dr. Kirkor Kichian's Ratings

Doctor Kichian is very professional and friendly as are the staff.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2014 | flag

I have been seeing dr. Kichian for over 5 years. I am surprised to see the comments posted about him and his staff as I have had only positive experiences. I have suffered from colitis for over 25 years with flare ups occurring more than twice a year. Since seeing dr. Kichian I have made tremendous progress. I have tried different medications under consultation with dr. Kichian. He has always been open to discussing treatment options with me and monitors my condition. I highly recommend this doctor. The staff i have interacted with have always been helpful and kind in my opinion.

Submitted July 8, 2014 | flag

Nothing bad to say about Dr Kichian. His receptionist leaves me speechless. I have never dealt with anyone so rude and ignorant who works with the public! She should be sent on a customer service / people skills course ASAP!

Submitted Feb. 19, 2014 | flag

Dr K always tries to help. He may rely heavily on pharms and the scope, but he is a gasrtroenterologist and every one I have seen is roughly the same. They are trained to identify where and what the problem is by imaging, and then to treat it with drugs. In the past his staff have come across as rude but I think they are getting better. I am not sure how pharmaceutical sponsoring works with Canadian doctors, but I think they get bonuses. That being said, knowledge isnt as important to the doctors if they can script the appropriate drug for the condition (and be rewarded). I have met a few GPs who are far more knowledgeable about gastrointestinal conditions and the drugs involved with it. The GPs seem more able to research whatever they want.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2013 | flag

I think Dr Kichian staff should all be sent on course in how to deal with paitents,they are Rude and they think your time is not worth anything . Dr Kichian himself seems fine but he should really look at the Staff the represents him.

Submitted July 17, 2013 | flag

Excellent doctor if you can get by his rude staff who seem to think your time is not worth anything.

Submitted June 17, 2013 | flag

Simply the best. In his field! Painless . Didn't feel a thing. Would 100% recommend this Doctor!

Submitted May 19, 2013 | flag

have been seeing dr kichian for a few years now very supportive and a lot of knowledge. usually punctual unless dealing with a emergency.

Submitted Nov. 29, 2012 | flag

I"ve had many colonoscopies in the past and with Dr. Kichian it was actually a pleasant experience. He has been very helpful and dosen't rush you out of his office like other doctor's do. As for his staff the could do with customer raltions course..........very rude!!! I will continue to see Dr. Kichian and he's also not bad on the eyes.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2012 | flag

Dr. Kichian has been seeing me for Crohn's Disease, and in most regards, he is an absolutely awesome doctor. He has always been helpful in getting me the right treatment and by granting me the respect of letting me be an active participant in my treatment by presenting me with my options, helping me to understand them, and then allowing me to make my own decisions instead of simply telling me what to do, which has been a problem I've had with doctors in the past. That being said, my only problem with him was that during an extremely painful flareup of Crohn's, I was in so much agony that I was at high risk of suicide. He refused to prescribe any pain medication to me and did not seem interested in helping me to manage my pain or referring me to someone who could help in that regard. I think that, in a field where you're working with people with severe autoimmune disorders like Crohn's and colitis, that is quite irresponsible. Otherwise, highly recommended.

Submitted July 12, 2012 | flag