Rate Dr. Daniel Fick

Dr. Daniel Fick's Ratings

Mr Fick performed two labral tear debridements on me this year (one for each hip!) and I am so grateful for his work. Both times I was able to walk soon after waking up. I left hospital the following day each time and haven't needed pain killers at all. He was kind and compassionate, and he's helped me to finally be pain free after nearly four years of limping and even using a wheelchair while I was pregnant! I feel like he hasn't just fixed my hips, he's given me my life back, and I will forever appreciate everything he has done. I can finally take my kids to the park and play like a regular mum, instead of being the boring mum who can't do things because of the pain and instability. THANK YOU MR FICK!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

After months of hip pain, Mr Fick recommended a hip athroscopt to repair a hip labral tear. When I woke from surgery I had almost no pain and now a week later I can say that I can walk comfortably and I am completely pain free. Apart from being skilled at his profession, he was personable. Great guy and great surgeon.!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2617647].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

Possibly the best in the country! What more needs to be said?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2611963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2014

I was diganosed in early August 2013 with a labral hip tear. I was recommended to Dr Fick. As soon as I meet Dr Fick I felt confident and at ease. I had my surgery in August, I was operated on in the afternoon and up and walking a few hours later on crouches and discharged the next morning. I spent the following two weeks on crouches and recovery went smoothly. As Dr Fick advised recovery would take 7 months ( hard as Im a triathlete) but neverless 10 months later I completed my first half ironman and Iv had no issues every since :)

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2356206].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

On New Years Eve of 2009 I fell of a ladder and smashed my R lower tibia and fibula. That night as when the ambulance took me to SCG an extremely talented (not to mention young, gorgeously good looking) surgeon was on duty that night. The break and subsequent swelling was so bad that for 3 days amputation was looking like an option! 4 years and 3 reconstructive surgeries later (including bone graft, coral from Swizerland, artificial bone "putty" from the U.S., custom titanium plates, IP nail, 2 years on crutches and years of physio) I still have my leg, minimal scarring and am on the way to a fantastic job overseas. If it weren't for Dan I wouldn't be able to walk let alone run now! I can't thank this gentleman enough for his patience and willingness to discuss all the options and above all for his talent. And if he's a few minutes late, who cares if you are being looked after by Australia's best because he's so busy looking after others and taking the time to talk to people:)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356205].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

I ruptured my ACL, tore my MCL and split my meniscus in an accident. Of 3 surgeons at different practises around Perth, Daniel Fick was the only one who suggested he would like to try and save my meniscus if he could but made no promises. I am 31 years old and did not like the idea of my meniscus being taken out as the other surgeons flippantly said they would as the easiest way to deal with it. He was very patient and encouraging with all of my questions and refreshingly humble about the part he played in repairing my knee- he said the hard work would be done by myself in my rehabilitation. His team in the hospital were outstanding and made me very comfortable. The anaesthetic nurse even braided my hair so it would fit in the hairnet. I was awake within the hour and Mr Fick was politely standing alongside my stretcher as I woke and told me he had phoned my mother and partner to tell them the surgery went well and he had replaced my ACL and saved my meniscus. Brilliant.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][380979].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Outstanding surgeon from all aspects. Personable, knowledgable, skillful and technically ahead of the pack.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][380978].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2013

I have worked with this man, if I was going to have ortho surgery its the guy or Riaz Khan i would use, simple as that. Nicest person you could meet as well.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][380977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

I met Dr Fick yesterday. What a fine gentleman and surgeon. He explained the available options to correct the effected area in my hip. Replacing my hip at 45 is not something he would consider until he has pursued every other avenue and until such time when I have to have the replacement. I will most certainly recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][380976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2013

After much searching through various orthodeadic surgeons for a full hip replacement operation, I finally settled on using Daniel Fick. Although, due to the time of the year (Christmas time),I had to wait some two and half months for an appointment,it proved to be well worth the wait. Daniel Fick has a very reassuring, confident and settling manner when speaking with you and is more than willing to share knowledge with you in an informative, patient and detailed way. Daniel Fick, coupled with his very able team of professionals, walked me through every step of the procedure. The operation was an absolute success from start to finish with zero pain and very little discomfort and I am now well on the road to a full recovery just some 5 to 6 weeks later... amazing.!! I am now unfortunately looking down the barrel of having my other hip replaced and will certainly not hesitate to call upon Daniel Fick for that operation also. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][380975].votes_count ]]