Rate Dr. Daniel Fick

Dr. Daniel Fick's Ratings

I was diganosed in early August 2013 with a labral hip tear. I was recommended to Dr Fick. As soon as I meet Dr Fick I felt confident and at ease. I had my surgery in August, I was operated on in the afternoon and up and walking a few hours later on crouches and discharged the next morning. I spent the following two weeks on crouches and recovery went smoothly. As Dr Fick advised recovery would take 7 months ( hard as Im a triathlete) but neverless 10 months later I completed my first half ironman and Iv had no issues every since :)

Submitted July 1, 2014 | flag

On New Years Eve of 2009 I fell of a ladder and smashed my R lower tibia and fibula. That night as when the ambulance took me to SCG an extremely talented (not to mention young, gorgeously good looking) surgeon was on duty that night. The break and subsequent swelling was so bad that for 3 days amputation was looking like an option! 4 years and 3 reconstructive surgeries later (including bone graft, coral from Swizerland, artificial bone "putty" from the U.S., custom titanium plates, IP nail, 2 years on crutches and years of physio) I still have my leg, minimal scarring and am on the way to a fantastic job overseas. If it weren't for Dan I wouldn't be able to walk let alone run now! I can't thank this gentleman enough for his patience and willingness to discuss all the options and above all for his talent. And if he's a few minutes late, who cares if you are being looked after by Australia's best because he's so busy looking after others and taking the time to talk to people:)

Submitted June 22, 2014 | flag

I ruptured my ACL, tore my MCL and split my meniscus in an accident. Of 3 surgeons at different practises around Perth, Daniel Fick was the only one who suggested he would like to try and save my meniscus if he could but made no promises. I am 31 years old and did not like the idea of my meniscus being taken out as the other surgeons flippantly said they would as the easiest way to deal with it. He was very patient and encouraging with all of my questions and refreshingly humble about the part he played in repairing my knee- he said the hard work would be done by myself in my rehabilitation. His team in the hospital were outstanding and made me very comfortable. The anaesthetic nurse even braided my hair so it would fit in the hairnet. I was awake within the hour and Mr Fick was politely standing alongside my stretcher as I woke and told me he had phoned my mother and partner to tell them the surgery went well and he had replaced my ACL and saved my meniscus. Brilliant.

Submitted March 4, 2014 | flag

Outstanding surgeon from all aspects. Personable, knowledgable, skillful and technically ahead of the pack.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2013 | flag

I have worked with this man, if I was going to have ortho surgery its the guy or Riaz Khan i would use, simple as that. Nicest person you could meet as well.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2013 | flag

I met Dr Fick yesterday. What a fine gentleman and surgeon. He explained the available options to correct the effected area in my hip. Replacing my hip at 45 is not something he would consider until he has pursued every other avenue and until such time when I have to have the replacement. I will most certainly recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2013 | flag

After much searching through various orthodeadic surgeons for a full hip replacement operation, I finally settled on using Daniel Fick. Although, due to the time of the year (Christmas time),I had to wait some two and half months for an appointment,it proved to be well worth the wait. Daniel Fick has a very reassuring, confident and settling manner when speaking with you and is more than willing to share knowledge with you in an informative, patient and detailed way. Daniel Fick, coupled with his very able team of professionals, walked me through every step of the procedure. The operation was an absolute success from start to finish with zero pain and very little discomfort and I am now well on the road to a full recovery just some 5 to 6 weeks later... amazing.!! I am now unfortunately looking down the barrel of having my other hip replaced and will certainly not hesitate to call upon Daniel Fick for that operation also. Highly recommended.

Submitted June 5, 2013 | flag

Dan did my hip replacement almost a year ago. He has been fantastic at all times. Very polite, and a sense of humour. He has always been most helpful - and yes, he is gorgeous. Many thanks, Dan.

Submitted Feb. 16, 2013 | flag

Staff were really helpful. He was about 10 minutes late - but I was the last appointment of the session. And Mr Fick is the best doctor I've ever seen! True I may be biased because he is so drop-dead-gorgeous good-looking but he is also a great communicator, explaining the "why" of everything, not just the "what". He is happy to spend as much time answering questions as you like, and has a superb bed-side manner. Oh and it looks like he can fix my ankle with stem cell technology so I can avoid surgery too - bonus!

Submitted April 30, 2012 | flag

Had aknee operation recently & have never had a better result or doctor . dr Fick knew his stuff & was an excellent communicator . would recommend him to anyone

Submitted Feb. 12, 2012 | flag