You may also like

Rate Dr. Henry Chung

Dr. Henry Chung's Ratings

He is by far the rudest doctor I have ever met in my life!!! I am the easiest going, nicest person, and was treated disrespectfully!!!!!! Even before my colonoscopy procedure, while I was in the room with him and a nurse, ready to be sedated, he told me I needed to lose some belly fat, and the best way to lose weight is stop eating, or eat one day and not for the next 3 days!!! He said how do you think I keep this belly?? Then he told me to stop eating pizza and hamburgers!!! It was shocking, and straight up, unprofessional behaviour. Then during the colonoscopy I was screaming and crying in pain, ad he told the nurse to give me more sedation, even though the sedation was not working!!!! I remember EVERYTHING, and a colonoscopy should not cause pain like that!!!!! I am traumatized by the whole dam thing and would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2850382].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I must of got Dr Chung on a bad day. He was disrespectful, judgemental, never listened, I wanted to cry after My procedure. I am a medical professional and was shocked by his manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2819782].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I have never met a more condescending physician in my life. I would never see this man again. He was extremely rude, never listened to me and talked over me. Dr Chung is just ridiculous. I am still in shock.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2819001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

No problems. I had a gastroscopy and colonscopy from Dr Chung and despite my nervousness barely noticed the procedure (some credit to the miracles of modern sedation). Over the last quarter century I have probably met 5 gastroenterologist and Dr Chung is a welcome change as he is an easy-to-take professional, with relaxed sense of humour. His discussion of my case was also quite thorough. I can't see how you could go wrong with this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2789248].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

My recent colonoscopy was performed by Dr. Chung and his professionalism and thorough discussion of my symptoms reassured me immediately that he was an excellent gastroenterologist. He talked me thru the procedure calmly and carefully answered all my concerns with full simple to understand explanations. I would highly recommend him to anyone. And yes, he has a sense of humour however it was not offensive or abusive to me in any way. And, it should be noted I am a plus size woman who was treated very respectfully.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2719122].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

I have no idea about Dr. Chung's skills as a doctor, but I do know his skills as a bully. He made a fat joke at my expense on the hospital ward in front off the staff, nurses and other doctors. I have crohn's and After a consult with one of the GI doctors food was delivered to rooms and since I have been unable to eat for two weeks I left. As I was leaving the room, next next to the nursing station the GI doc was there amongst his peers and nursing staff. I said, "I cannot be around food being delivered I am going for a walk" , His reply was "Good thing is it looks like you have not missed many meals" He fat shamed me and used me his patient as a joke in front of at least 15 peers. I am mortified, ashamed, insulted, hurt and now cannot trust the medical team here at RCH with my care I feel trapped

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2356256].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356255].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 24, 2014

I saw Dr. Chung about 5 years ago for an Endoscopy and found him to be polite and professional. Unfortunately I can not say the same about his secretary / booking clerk. On the 11th of March of this year (2014) I was referred by my family doctor for another Endoscopy as I began experiencing rather severe upper abdominal pain. I have since called Dr. Chung's office several times to inquire about an appointment and each time have received a rather rude and uncaring response from his "Booking Clerk". I am told it will probably be "Sometime next year", "Maybe march or April", "We have hundreds of referrals", "We will get back to you". Tomorrow is the 1st of June and I am still awaiting a response. I recently had to visit Eagle Ridge hospital emergency due to evidence of internal bleeding and continued severe pain. I brought this to the attention of Dr, Chung"s clerk, but again received a similar response to that noted above.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2356254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

A personable young doctor who is very knowlegdable about his specialty and a real pleasure to have as a gastroentologist. I would highly add my recommendation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

I have had numerous colonoscopies and endoscopes from Dr Henry Chung. Dr Chung has also done my wife as well and my daugther. He is a great and patient and knowledgably specialist. I would highly recommend him and his team. Not only is Dr Chung very profession and a outstanding G.I. specialist he always takes time to bring you up to date on his findings.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][381544].votes_count ]]