Rate Dr. Ken Rockwood

Dr. Ken Rockwood's Ratings

Seen Dr. Rockwood with my Mom for a follow up appointment to discuss issues with her memory loss associated with aging. He was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and informative at that same time he offered some lightheartedness. My mom left feeling much better about herself , The direction she was headed in and with a plan to move forward. I was impressed.

Submitted June 24, 2013 | flag

I had dreaded this appointment in which Dr Rockwood would assess whether my father could drive again (which I knew from his mental state, would likely not be possible). However I found that Dr Rockwood is an excellent, compassionate communicator. He was very respectful to my father and was able to explain to him why he cannot drive or manage his money at the bank anymore, and my father (who has had anger problems with other people who tried to tell him the same thing) accepted this news peacefully. Also, when my father's bank refused to block my father from accessing his money (even though they could see he was totally mismanaging his account and bankrupting himself), Dr Rockwood sent a very effective fax communication to the bank to demand they comply with his orders. He has been very helpful on different levels. I only wish there were more like him; as he typically has a 5 month waiting list to see him.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2012 | flag

It is hard to judge this doctor as he only spent 5 minutes with the patient. New consult, the nurse and resident did the assessment, the doctor did a cameo appearance of 5 minutes and stated there was nothing he could do for the patient and left. Then the nurse proceeded to tell the patient and loved one the diagnosis of mild Alzheimer's! Talk about good role modeling for our up and coming new doctors. Where is the compassion for the patient and family!

Submitted Jan. 13, 2011 | flag