Dr. Vicas Sharma

Rate Dr. Vicas Sharma

Dr. Vicas Sharma's Ratings

A highly qualified doctor dedicated to his field and puts rest to all the worries that patient have.Recommend this doctor to everybody

Submitted July 9, 2014 | flag

Dr. Sharma did my cataracts. The operation went fine.After a year or so I went for a check up. He checked my eyes and said that my pressure was high in my right eye. I asked him if this was something that I should be concerned with. He said no. Told me to come back in 6 months. In the meantime, I noticed one day that I couldn't see out of my eye. I phone him and told him that. I was told to come in the next day. When he checked my eye my pressure so high that I lost the finest of vision. I can not see straight ahead but I can see from the side. When he saw me, he diidn't know what to give me. He went from room to room and cupboard to give me something that would take the pressure down. The medication was very strong. Did not agree with me. He sent me to another doctor, which I was not impressed with. So I took the matter into my own hands and with to another specialist who took me under his wing and has helped me alot. I am doing alot better now with this new doctor.

Submitted April 20, 2014 | flag

Went to him for color blindness. Tested me and yes there was. No surprise to me. Wanted me to come back in a year?? Why? Did go back and no change. Which he said he expected. Then wants me back in a year??? WHY? Seems to me he is just trying to scam the govt. Everyone who came out had the same little paper as I. I assume they were coming back in a year. Yes I know some were warranted but maybe not all, like me. To top it off they want to break my appt into two appt's. Must get more money for them. Never said anything to explain the test he did. Just muttered no change and come back in a year. NEVER GOING BACK. Tax dollars can go to necessary appointments.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2014 | flag

Completely lost in their system. Was finally referred to Dr. Sharma after a long wait, and 6 months after my appointment, I had to phone Dr. Sharma's office twice to find out what the delay was. I heard nothing but excuses and there was NO communication by him or his staff in that period. After asking why, I was amazingly given an appointment for the following month. I believe I would still be waiting if I had not contacted the office again, for the second time! No apology from his office... again, just excuses. I have a congenital progressively degenerative eye condition, and the only treatment is to slow further progression. Soon, treatment will be of no use. I am VERY disappointed. Some communication, ANY communication would have been appropriate. If there are going to be delays in treatment, the absolute minimum would be appropriate communication, so patients can exercise their options.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2013 | flag

he is a very kind and knowledgable doctor, put my son Aaron mind at ease about his eyes. Thank you Charlene

Submitted March 5, 2012 | flag

Dr Sharma is an incredible Doctor. He takes the time out to answer all my questions and concerns. He is very knowledgeable and has a great bedside manner. The health district needs more Doctors like Doctor Sharma. Thank you

Submitted Nov. 19, 2011 | flag

My mother sees Dr. Sharma in regards to her glaucoma and I am so happy she has such a soft hearted surgeon and doctor. He is soft spoken and at times hard to hear but in the end he gave her the time she needed and answered all her questions 100%. My mother previously saw his associate Dr. Conlon and she was not impressed as to how he pretty much pushed her out the door and made her feel like just another "problem". I am so happy that there are some doctors still out there who take the time out of their day to answer all their patients problems. Excellent job Dr. Sharma :) :) So happy my mother is in your care.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2010 | flag