Rate Dr. V Pillay

Dr. V Pillay's Ratings

I absolutely love Dr. Pillay. Took me as his patient with no hesitation and stopped by the hospital before he left on vacation to give me my diagnosis. When there was a potential problem with the medication I was using, he was on it right away and explained all my options. I feel like I'm in safe hands with him.
I have never had problems with his receptionist. She's always been nice and extremely helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2757005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I have been to Dr. Pillay on numerous occassions. I cannot understand why such a wonderful Dr. puts up with such a receptionist. I don't know how long she has worked for him but she really needs more knowledge on how to handle patients and their needs. I worked as a Receptionist for 32 years but not for a doctor. If I ever talked to anyone the way she does I would not have lasted the day. Seriously Dr. Pillay a staff member like her can really give you a bad name. She is not helping you in any way and most people in Regina can't understand why she is allowed to continue working for you. PLEASE if she in related to you and you are forced in keeping her on staff then send her on some educational courses on how to be a better worker and in general a better human being!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2717876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

I have been seeing Dr.Pillay since 2008. He is very informative and never makes me feel like I am stupid when I ask him questions or have concerns . Always takes time to make sure I understand what he is taking about. Wish he was a Family doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2690690].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

I can't even get in to see Dr. Pillay. I asked his delightful receptionist if I could have a scheduled appointment, she said his schedule is subject to change and that she just calls when he's available and patients are expected to come in based on when the doctor is available. I understand he's busy obviously, but she needs to understand I need a scheduled appointment - this nonsense of having a tentative appointment is just not going to work in my situation, I shouldn't be prevented from seeing the neurologist just because she can't even meet me halfway.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2685692].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

Amazing amount of knowledge, never rushes patients out the door, explains and re-explains, phenomenal bed side manner. None of this comes across when you deal with his receptionist, she is compassionless, and a real put off to want to visit office or phone in. She possibly has Dr. Pillay convinced that he needs her toughness on the front lines to keep patients in line or he is completely oblivious to her lack of empathy and complete abrasiveness. Definiately something I am not going to let slide. I will make sure people in thi scommunity know until someone addresses this with her.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2673070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

Dr.Pillay is an amazing Doctor, there is not another Neurologist in the city I would go to. That said I do think that Dr.Piklay Ned's to evaluate the receptionist situation. There is no way that she should be making people feel the way she does, treat them so rude and poorly. The people who see Dr.Pillay have some very serious health issues and her lack of compassion and her arrogance make it a very unwelcoming environment for people.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

his receptionist is the rudest woman I have ever met. |I met with him several times. Had an mri done and instead of calling me his receptionist wrote me a note on a piece of paper and mailed it to me. Most unprofessional doctor I have ever met . Don't waste your time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2644675].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2014

See him only once - thought we had a plan - booked for urgent MRI - never able to talk to him or book an appt - his receptionist is probably the rudest woman I have ever dealt with and treats me like a piece of garbage

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2589562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

He is one of the best doctors I have seen. He listens. He is thorough. He educates.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2525055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

Dr. pillar himself is nice and does take the time to listen,receptionist not great at all,frustrating actually, was told to call back and speak to him in a week regarding a matter won't let me talk to him took info and hung up.Now i wait till may sometime to see him again and said he'd renew a prescription for me but nothing.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][382352].votes_count ]]