Dr. William R. Vitale

Rate Dr. William R. Vitale

Dr. William R. Vitale's Ratings

Improper vaccines to children. Google it.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2014 | flag

I do not recommend this doctor. He had his license suspended for improperly giving vaccinations. Had to have my daughter vaccinated twice because he failed to follow provincial regulations and protocol. He gave her needles in the hip, rather than the thigh like the medical society says. I also had to regularly wait up to two hours to see him when I had an appointment. http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1176403-mother-concerned-after-doctor-suspended-for-mixing-vaccines

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

The best doctor I have taken my baby to. He makes you feel like you matter and your baby is not just another patient. He is very knowledgeable and he answers all our questions and explains what's going on instead of just telling you what's wrong. He listens and give excellent advice. I took my son to another doctor after the vaccination accident but I came running back after my horrible experience. Will never think of taking my son any where els. Definitely recommend him.

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

Dr. Vitale is one of the best doctors our family has ever been blessed with. In 14 years since we moved here, we could always count on him. Always seeing us promptly with his friendly, caring and pleasant personality. He is very thorough, knowledgeable, skillful,effective communicator, not to mention loaded with experience. He is the best!

Submitted Jan. 20, 2014 | flag

He is an incredibly dedicated, caring, tender, family oriented doctor. Available at all hours, day or night - he was always there to help. We loved having him as our pediatrician and are so very sorry to hear that he is suspended indefinitely.

Submitted Jan. 17, 2014 | flag

Dr Vitale saved our family! We adopted two Fetal Alcholic syndrome girls from Ukraine and spent years trying to get physicians and specialists to tell us what was wrong. The Pediatricians at the developmental clinic at IWK would "report" what we told them in their write ups but give us no clear solutions or diagnosis. When we finally contacted social services to help us with these children who were about to be sent to juvenile detention that we could no longer care for they told us to see the best in Nova Scotia. Dr Vitale assessed their disorder, offered support to our family, and put them on medication that alleviated some of the symptoms that caused them to act out. He adjusted the medication over time to help control some of the symptoms. We literally had the police telling us we needed to have these children out for our own safety. Social services told us they couldn't handle them. He was the only dr who was able to help us. We owe him everything! Thank you Dr. Vitalie!!

Submitted Dec. 30, 2013 | flag

Dr. Vitale is amazing! He is so caring and giving to his patients. Dr's like him are a rare find these days. I have been in Halifax for less then 3 years and he is my 3rd Dr. here and hopefully my last. He is old school and I love it! You can call the office and speak directly to him if you have questions or concerns and he often works later then office hours to see clients that really need to see him. He also gave us his home phone number! He is going on vacation (much deserved) and my daughter has her first cold currently and he said not to hesitate to call him at home if I need to while he is off! That is amazing! He has one receptionist who is always a joy to talk to and if she's not around he will even answer his own office phone. He's just wonderful and like a said Dr's like him are a rare find! He is extremely helpful and really knows his stuff and he also takes the time to get to know clients and we are more then just a file to him. He is one caring human being thats for sure

Submitted April 16, 2013 | flag

Dr. Vitale is awesome! My little girl just loves going to the doctor and enjoys her visits with him. He is very kind, patient and very thorough. He even gave us his home phone number in case of an emergency! He is pretty old school, but he certainly knows his stuff. I have recommended him to several people and they are all pleased!

Submitted Feb. 28, 2013 | flag

The BEST doctor our family has ever had. He is caring, knowledgeable, and has established a great rapport with our children. One of the great things about Dr. Vitale is that he makes himself available whenever there's an issue with one of our children. My wife and I feel that Dr. Vitale truly cares about our childrens' health (and ours too). He takes the time to understand the health issue you came in to see him about. The only small complaint is the wait times in his office. However, I really think this is due to Dr. Vitale thoroughly discussing issues with his patients instead of just "pushing" them through an appointment rather than any disorganization; so it's something we're very comfortable with.

Submitted Feb. 27, 2013 | flag

Dr. Vitale has been our family's pediatrician and family dr for over 10 years. We adore him!!! He is a rare breed - a true dr of medicine and science. He is a caring and knowledgeable man who takes the time to find out all of your concerns. He doesn't rush you and if he doesn't know the answer to a question, he will try to look it up in one of his numerous books. He is a wonderful, caring man and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2013 | flag