Rate Dr. John Lamensa

Dr. John Lamensa's Ratings

The best doctor who would listen to you and go an extra mile to answer all your questions. I love the way he explains in words and with pictures. Gives you a very realistic opinion and he is super cool. He is a very kind man and very supportive. A gentleman indeed. Staff is very good and he is the best.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr Lamensa is the best physician I have ever met.He is very knowledgable, kind and helpful.He answers all of your questions in detail and makes you calm and confident. He is never in rush and takes enough time to examine everything.Also,he has a professional and respectful attitude. The people working with him are great,helpful and polite.In the nut shell,I do recommend him to every to-be-mom who wants a peaceful delivery.Thank you Dr lamensa.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2013 | flag

I have been Dr. Lamensa’s patient for about 2 years and I strongly recommend Dr Lamensa. He is a perfect combination of academic and professional excellence. He treats the patient with his sound judgment, profound knowledge, excellent skills, kindness and humanity. He is always ready to help the patient to resolve their issues and address their concerns under any circumstance. His staffs are very helpful, nice and work in a very efficient way. Thank you very much, Dr. Lamensa!

Submitted Sept. 25, 2012 | flag

I visited Dr. Lamensa for the first time today at the Queensway Carleton Hospital (Ottawa, ON) and was so impressed. I was unaware of whether 'Dr. Lamensa' was a man or woman when my appointment was made and having always visited women OBGYNs, I was a little taken aback when I saw a man. However, he sat me down and went over my previous test results, explained to me why I was there and what to expect, and more. He was calm, easy going and I felt comfortable instantly. After he finished explaining everything, he asked me if I had any questions and I could tell he was patient and wanted to answer questions I had (unlike other doctors who rush you, Dr. Lamensa made me feel like he had all day to talk to me). The pap and biopsy took about 10 minutes and he was very calming (I was a little nervous). I am so impressed with him, the staff and my experience. He made a not-so-fun experience much better than I thought possible. Thank you!

Submitted March 9, 2012 | flag

Dr. Lamensa is an excellent OBGYN. He is very helpful, knowledgeable, caring, kind and professional. Every time when I saw him, he would ask me what my concerns were and listened attentively. Then he would answer my questions in a detailed, clear and knowledgeable way. Most importantly he would act on my concerns and issues very effectively and efficiently. The end result is that I was safe and sound and did not have any stress during my pregnancy and my baby is very healthy and happy. His staff was helpful and courteous. My profound gratitude goes to Dr. Lamensa and I highly recommend him. It is my good fortune to have had Dr. Lamensa as my OBGYN.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2011 | flag

Today was my first visit, I love Dr. Lamensa, and he takes his time to explain and listen very carefully. He is very professional and courteous. I waited no more than 2 minutes in the waiting room. I would definitely recommend this doctor. A good doctor like him makes a sometimes stressful experience into a positive and reassuring one.

Submitted Aug. 2, 2011 | flag

Not very impressed with this DR. Didn't do the regular urine test at each visit to look for high blood pressure..refused to do the ultrasound my family Dr recommended due to growth. I felt stressed that certain things were not being done at each visit. Measure belly and heart beat was all that was checked at each visit. Most apts I was waiting 45 minutes. Students at times doing the measuring and heart beat...they were asking me for the position of the baby to find the heart rate. How should I know? Lamensa never asked me for permission to have a student come in instead of him. Not pleased.

Submitted April 28, 2011 | flag

Dr. Lamensa did my elective c-section in 2007. The only consultation went fine but during the procedure, the staff was discussing a TV show! After the surgery, I noticed painful swelling and bruises on my vagina and lower abdomen. The doctor in the hospital told me that it was likely from the pressure from pulling the baby out. Much worse was the unpleasant surprise when my period returned. My previously uneventful periods changed - unbearable, debilitating pain was shooting down my legs, leaving me incapable of functioning for a day. After a year and various tests, I was told that my inner uterus lining was ‘sewed’ into the muscle wall of uterus, thus, shading the cells into my muscles every monthly cycle. There is no reversible surgery – except the full hysterectomy, or IUD injecting hormones. So, ‘pain management’ it is, which means taking meds until my menopause. Not only I would not recommend Dr. Lamensa, I would strongly discourage anyone to have the c-section by him.

Submitted April 12, 2011 | flag

After I was read all the reviews I could find, I picked Dr. Lamensa, I was very happy and scared to be his patient. I had booked a c-section at 10am but it got postponed 5 hours for emergency reasons I understood but some not (the appointment behind me jumped ahead) He is a great doctor! My c-section scar was very well done!

Submitted Dec. 7, 2010 | flag

Have had several visits; always courteous, patient, listens well and answers questions thoroughly. I have never felt rushed when there. Apart from one 30 minute wait time, all experiences have been very positive. Highly recommend him.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2010 | flag