Dr. Richard Pistone

Rate Dr. Richard Pistone

Dr. Richard Pistone's Ratings

I recently had my initial visit with Dr. Pistone. Upon arrival his staff was warm and welcoming. He was a bit late to my appointment as an older lady came in, in a panic. Totally understandable and I was not concerned with waiting 10 more minutes. Dr. Pistone, listened to what I had to say and explained all the pains and what was causing them. He pointed to certain areas and used terms that I understood and was very thorough with his explanations. Very happy with my initial visit and would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

I made an appointment to see this podiatrist based on reviews. I have very painful corns from bunions and wanted treatment for the corns. He suggested bunion surgery ($2500.00) and discussed what was involved. Perhaps I was overly optimistic in expecting more but I came away feeling dissatisfied. I thought there were custom toe separators that could be made to alleviate discomfort from toes rubbing together and causing corns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I give this doctor and his practice methods top score. I too work in healthcare and I am happy to meet a devoted, ethical, patient-first practitioner that really works for the people (his patients) and not for quotas, high-patient turn over and end-product marketing as a means of definable business. Vancouver Island is fortunate to have a Doctor like Richard Pistone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][384056].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I had an ingrown toenail that had previously been diagnosed by a GP as, believe it or not, a fungal infection. I was prescribed Amisil (nasty medication) several times with no success. I was then referred to Dr. Pistone by another GP and Dr. Pistone immediately diagnosed the issue as an ingrown toenail. After a year of temporary treatments (clipping the toenail), I finally decided to submit to surgery which was recommended by Dr. Pistone from the outset. Naturally, I was fairly nervous about needles/freezing in my foot. I have to say that I really had nothing to be concerned about and my only regret is that I didn't have the surgery done sooner; no pain anymore and I feel great! Dr. Pistone develops an excellent relationship with his patients, is genuinely concerned, and I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][384055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

Following 1.5 yrs with my family dr using freezing and then a poor experience with a podiatrist using antiquated methods that caused my planter's warts to worsen and spread, I found tremendous help and care with Dr. Pistone and his wonderful staff! He prescribed a concoction which banished ALL 7 of my warts in 1.5 weeks!!! I was astounded, ecstatic and grateful!! You get what you pay for! My first visit was $60 but no charge for the next 2 and by then they were gone! Amazing..everyone I have talked says this podiatrist is excellent! I should have seen him right way when I was recommended but took the cheap way out, (bad experience with Pod. down the road) What a mistake that was! I totally recommend Dr. Pistone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][384054].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2012

I have pretty ugly (painful!) toenails and all my other doctors told me to put up with it. My shoe saleswoman recommended him and wow, was she right. He calmly clipped my toenails for me while chatting to me about horses and kids :) I hardly felt a thing and for the first time in years could wear closed toe shoes. I have to go see him every 3 months or so now but so worth the money...I wish I had heard about him years ago!!!! I can't believe the difference he made in my quality of life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][384053].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

Doctor Piston was very knowledgable and very kind .he helped me realize how my planter faciatis and high arches have affected my carreer as a concrete layer. then i went to another helpful Doc in Victoria. Thank you. enough said

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][384052].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

I had (emphasis on had!) a Plantar wart on my foot and now it is gone! I had been living with this for over a year with the pain getting successively worse with time. Although the treatment took some time and diligence, Doctor Pistone's correct diagnosis and prognosis was exact and effective. Thank you Doctor Pistone! From my experiences with this doctor - I definitely recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][384051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2012

I had bunion surgery. This toe had been giving me pain for decades. I am now 5 days post-op and the pain from the surgery is limited. Dr P was able to quickly diagnose and explain on the X-rays the source of the pain. His office staff were excellent. The cost of the surgery includes all follow up visits(4 scheduled). I am looking forward to Dr. P working on my other foot in a few months.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][384050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2011

Dr. Pistone made the correct diagnosis on my foot problem which he cured with minimal non-invasive treatment. The podiatrist I saw previously told me surgery was the only cure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][384049].votes_count ]]