Rate Dr. Arthur L. Jenkins

Dr. Arthur L. Jenkins's Ratings

He worked with another Sinai surgeon to fix the 2/3rds of my spine that were wrecked by a botched surgery at a "bigger named NYC hospital". I saw him in the hospital more than my main surgeon and Jenkins has a great bedside manner. Having had a previous spine surgery plus 3 other surgeries, I would say his bedside manner was one of the best. My only regret is not seeing him or the other Sinai surgeon before my first spine surgery...don't be fooled by the hospitals over marketing themselves as #1...it's just that...marketing. Fortunately I've regained a lot of the balance, weakness and coordination issues I had for the several years prior to surgery. It took a LOT of work, time, etc., in addition to the spine surgeries he did but it was worth it.

Submitted July 5, 2014 | flag

I really believe that Dr. Jenkins is one of the most accomplished neurosurgeons anywhere. He was my third consult for spinal stenosis, and he recommended a laminoplasty ,rather than anterior fusion ,as a permanent solution to the issue. Not only is the procedure less expensive, but you retain full range of motion, and it is unlikely another surgery will ever be needed. Dr Jenkin's staff is very professional, and he spends whatever time is needed answering questions and explaining the procedure. He also follows up for six months after surgery. I would recommend Dr. Jenkins to any one of my friends or family. Excellent job !

Submitted May 24, 2014 | flag

Quite simply the best. I went into surgery for two herniated discs causing severe pain and difficulty walking and I came out of surgery with no pain and walking within hours and out of the hospital in 24 hours. Professional from beginning to end, open and engaging, Dr. Arthur Jenkins lays out the diagnosis and prognosis in a thoroughly understandable manner. Displaying a sense of confidence which puts one at ease, the decision to move forward with the surgery was made simple. He has a great office staff and is supported by his ever efficient and delightful nurse practitioner Sara Nicol. Dr. Jenkins should be your first choice in neurosurgeons.

Submitted May 6, 2014 | flag

am a very active sports person & got injured while surfing . I suffered from herniated disk; L5 , L6 and very bad sciatica pain to my left leg. I was treated by a pain management Dr with cortisone and epidural shots, I also tried many conventional treatments , nothing worked. The pain was so intense , I couldn't seat for too long, I couldn't sleep through the night, I was in indescribable pain all the time. On Thanksgiving 2013 I was not able to move my left leg and was bed bound . Dr. Jenkins and his team greeted me at the hospital even though it was a holiday and rushed me to a surgery the next day. Miraculously few hours after surgery I was able to walk and the pain was gone. Today a year later my life was giving back to me , I am back to skiing , riding my bike and active in the gym. I am forever thankful to Dr. Jenkins and his team.

Submitted Jan. 20, 2014 | flag

Dr. Jenkins changed my life. Before surgery I was in constant pain and could only walk a few steps. One month after surgery I am like a new person. I more active than I have been in years and with very little pain. I would definitely recommend Dr. Jenkins, his staff, and Mt. Sinai hospital to anyone facing similar spine surgery as mine.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2013 | flag

I'm a 28 y/o male in construction industry referred to Dr. Jenkins b/c of an L5 S1 herniated disc in my back. W/in 1 week from the first time that I spoke with his office, I was meeting with him for the initial consultation. This was a relief b/c up to this point I had been going through 4 months of pain, acupuncture, physical therapy & steroid spinal injections. After this initial meeting he made it clear that surgery was the only way to go to make this any better. He was very honest with what the results could be & made me very comfortable about moving forward with the surgery. On the day of the surgery not only did he make both my girlfriend & my mom feel more at ease but he personally came up to walk me around the hospital floor to make sure I was feeling better. From the initial consultation to the final follow up visit, Dr. Jenkins has made this the smoothest process possible- my back feels great, I was back to work in 3 months, & I couldn't have asked for a better doctor.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2012 | flag

Dr Jenkins operated on my husband (44) for a Chiari Malformation and so far so good ! He is a wonderful doctor with great skills and bedside manner. He even pushed my husband today to walk with him around the nurse's station ..God Bless you Dr Jenkins s!

Submitted April 5, 2011 | flag

The surgery done was life-changing and a big success!

Submitted Oct. 30, 2010 | flag

Dr. Jenkins operated on me in 2010. He is excellent in his craft. He practices, "First, do no harm". He did what he had to complete to take and keep me out of pain. His bedside manner is excellent and he is open to any and all questions. He is young (42) and I am old so he shall be my doctor for a long time.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2010 | flag