Rate Dr. Marlene Van Der Weyde

Dr. Marlene Van Der Weyde's Ratings

Dr. Van Der Weyde is an excellent doctor and very thorough. Good bedside manner and clearly very caring. My only complaint is dealing with the other staff in her practice at the Primary care facility. The scheduler I have dealt with has been nothing but unpleasant and really difficult about making appointments despite being told at the "meet and greet" that same day appointments could be made. In October the scheduler made it imposible despite my pleas then put me through to a nurse who told me to "take an advil and do some stretches" when I was in so much pain (from a now diagnosed herniated disc with some nerve damage in my leg) that I could not sit/stand/walk or even go to the bathroom. I didn't want to be in Urgent Care if I could have a set appointment... In the end I ended up in Urgent Care and the appropriate treatment began from there (things that could've been diagnosed with likely just an appointment with a physician). It's unfortunate because I do really like Dr. Van Der Weyde.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2719130].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

Dr Van Der Weyde is a caring and amazing doctor. She always goes out of her way to give the very best medical care and dies it with compassion. She really cares. I read the comment about natural medicine and I think she is very opened minded but she is a medical doctor who could only advise a patient with something that has been proven to work. I found her very open minded and forward thinking and gets straight to the pint. She's a gem!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2714779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2015

Best doctor we have ever had, saved my life on a few different occasions and am forever grateful to be lucky enough to be her patient, will follow her anywhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2678897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2015

What an exceptional, caring, knowledgable and downright wonderful person!! I actually look forward to my appointments with her. She has a compassionate, calming demeanour and I would follow her anywhere in order to keep her as my doctor! And, as I read the comments below, if she is running late because she takes her time with each and every patient, then all I can say is she is well worth any wait!!!! I just love her...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2530483].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Dr. Van Der Weyde and the staff are pleasant, helpful, intelligent and very professional. I have unfortunately been to the doctor more than I want, but need to be there. If I have to wait a little bit longer than my appointed time, it is because some other patient requires a bit more attention - so I take that time to relax in the very inviting reception area

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][384714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Only takes "elderly" patients..really should change the specifications of the clinic from "family practice" It makes the already daunting task of finding a Dr for a family frustrating and time wasting..especially when the staff is so short on the phone telling you info, that had it been posted on here, you wouldnt have bothered calling.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][384715].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2013

Dr. Mar is completely all I request of my doctor; respectful, caring, professional and understanding. I don't mind waiting to see her, and try to not hold her up beyond the purpose of the appointment. Perhaps it's the patients who need to adjust their timing once they're presenting their issues before her. She won't rush, and if you think you might need more time, let the reception know that so the appropriate time can be alocated. It's worth it to me to know the care I'll receive once I'm in her space. Thanks Dr. Mar for always beign all you are, you're loved and appreciated!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][384713].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2013

very good doc although always late for appointments not just 10 minutes ~ more like 3/4 hour always

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][384712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2012

Those who has Dr. Van Der Weyde as their doctor are very blessed. She is compassionate and knowledgeable and her patients leave her office feeling they have an advocate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][384711].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

I am a retired senior who has had many GP's in Canada and the US. Dr van der Weyde has correct balance of professionalism and compassion. I had to see 4 other BC Dr's before I got on with this Dr. and their care was no where near as good and their staff were not at all interested in helping me. She rates above average and she uses modern technology well. I consider myself fortunate to have her care and thank her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][384710].votes_count ]]