Rate Dr. Rodger K. Garrett

Dr. Rodger K. Garrett's Ratings

Dr. Garrett is very compassionate and actually wants to help you. I know that sounds like a no-brainer statement but many docs seem to listen and then you realize they were not really hearing what you said. You actually converse with Dr. Garrett. He is really, really good. Now, his staff is another story. UGH! Not too bright and not too smart.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2552143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Another case of great doctor with a poorly trained staff. Maybe it is the gulf coast and lack of highly educated medical assistants but I can see from previous comments I am not the first to mention this. I prefer to take my medical care out of state and encourge others to do the same. UAB and the many other great medical facilities in Birmingham, AL are worth the drive north!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2538835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Medical assistant was very rude.Made me feel like you were med seeking I've been with Dr. Garett for many years never had a oroblem until recwntly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516882].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

I think Dr.Garrett is the best doctor I've seen in a long time. He is very professional and actually cares about his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2356579].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

I've seen several pain docs in the past ,Dr Garrett is by far the most companionate of all. He is the first to actually listen to all I've been through what works and what doesn't . My quality of life is much better now than ever before, I have Dr Garrett to thank for that. I feel like getting up in the morning now and, doing things with my kids (sports ,etcetera ) it really has made all the difference prior to him I found myself becoming asymmetrical because of favoring my one side.ive since been able to fix that. Thanks again look I could go on and on Dr Garrett is amazing nothing short of it Dr Garrett thank you for all you do

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][385876].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

the best of the best, rare find. If only all physicians would be self motivated and as well qualified

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][385875].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2013

Dr. Garrett is a very attentive doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. My extreme fear from years of abuse was noted and each time I visited Dr. Garrett was aware and reassuring. He is very gentle and listens. One of the best doctors I have ever met.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][385874].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2013

Dr. Garrett is one of the truly compassionate doctors in the area. I have been seeing him since he started in the area. He is now moving to The Woodlands on Davis Hwy in Pensacola as a part of a new pain group. I will sure be following him there as there is non one in the area who can compare to the time they spend with you visit after visit! I have a very complicated illness which most doctors in the area won’t touch. Dr. Garrett never feels that way. He always has time for me and when it comes to procedures, he is great and makes me comfortable. I am soooo thankful that he is staying in the area!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][385873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2013

I recently started seeing Dr Garrett in the last year bit have seen many different pain mgmt doc and other specialists since my injury in 2003. Within the first ten minutes of my first visit I had butterflies in my stomach because for the first time I finally felt like I had a doc who was interested in helping me long term and not just trying to get me out of his office so he can get on with his day. Most docs I've seen make u feel that way. He is very detailed in how you as a patient should live your life with your injury and is very good at teaching how to accomplish this. He prescribes the meds he feels you need and will try alternates if something isn't working and if he prescribed it you better take it and be ready to be tested. These guys gotta cover their rears so if you take you meds right there should be no problems. I have an intimate amount of great things I could say about the man but im almost out of room. I'd recommend him to anyone..... --M.C.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][385872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

I have had several back surgeries and two fusions and loads of injections. Nothing really helped me and in some cases made me worse. I went to this doctor looking for an answer to my pain. I recently moved hear from another state and had to leave my doctor. I would move back if I could. This doctor comes off as being nice but dosent care about anything but his bottom line and prescibing methodone. I heard all the bad things about methodone and was very leary about taking it. I did anyway to obey his policy and very quickly became dependent on it. I took a pea test and they said it wasnt in my system and they terminated me from their care in a letter. First I know they deal with people who sell their meds or take too much I give them that. It seamed like everytime I went in they reminded me of that making me feel like a criminal. I was taking my meds as prescibed!!!! I never had a chance to retest or even a blood test. Now I am left to live in pain and addicted to methodone. Thanks Doc

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][385871].votes_count ]]