Dr. Rodger K. Garrett

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. Rodger K. Garrett has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: does he accept medicare?    Email me    Answer it

Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5492131
23/05/14 2 4 5 5 I think Dr.Garrett is the best doctor I've seen in a long time. He is very professional and actually cares about his patients.
Respond

22/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.1
RID: 3658144
16/01/14 5 5 5 5 I've seen several pain docs in the past ,Dr Garrett is by far the most companionate of all. He is the first to actually listen to all I've been through what works and what doesn't . My quality of life is much better now than ever before, I have Dr Garrett to thank for that. I feel like getting up in the morning now and, doing things with my kids (sports ,etcetera ) it really has made all the difference prior to him I found myself becoming asymmetrical because of favoring my one side.ive since been able to fix that. Thanks again look I could go on and on Dr Garrett is amazing nothing short of it Dr Garrett thank you for all you do
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $50
Respond

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Rodger" to "Rodger K."
RID: 2765755
13/08/13 5 5 5 5 the best of the best, rare find. If only all physicians would be self motivated and as well qualified
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2753967
05/08/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Garrett is a very attentive doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. My extreme fear from years of abuse was noted and each time I visited Dr. Garrett was aware and reassuring. He is very gentle and listens. One of the best doctors I have ever met.
RID: 2719910
26/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Garrett is one of the truly compassionate doctors in the area. I have been seeing him since he started in the area. He is now moving to The Woodlands on Davis Hwy in Pensacola as a part of a new pain group. I will sure be following him there as there is non one in the area who can compare to the time they spend with you visit after visit! I have a very complicated illness which most doctors in the area won’t touch. Dr. Garrett never feels that way. He always has time for me and when it comes to procedures, he is great and makes me comfortable. I am soooo thankful that he is staying in the area!
RID: 2718958
25/07/13 5 5 5 5 I recently started seeing Dr Garrett in the last year bit have seen many different pain mgmt doc and other specialists since my injury in 2003. Within the first ten minutes of my first visit I had butterflies in my stomach because for the first time I finally felt like I had a doc who was interested in helping me long term and not just trying to get me out of his office so he can get on with his day. Most docs I've seen make u feel that way. He is very detailed in how you as a patient should live your life with your injury and is very good at teaching how to accomplish this. He prescribes the meds he feels you need and will try alternates if something isn't working and if he prescribed it you better take it and be ready to be tested. These guys gotta cover their rears so if you take you meds right there should be no problems. I have an intimate amount of great things I could say about the man but im almost out of room. I'd recommend him to anyone..... --M.C.
RID: 2671255
05/06/13 4 2 3 4 I have had several back surgeries and two fusions and loads of injections. Nothing really helped me and in some cases made me worse. I went to this doctor looking for an answer to my pain. I recently moved hear from another state and had to leave my doctor. I would move back if I could. This doctor comes off as being nice but dosent care about anything but his bottom line and prescibing methodone. I heard all the bad things about methodone and was very leary about taking it. I did anyway to obey his policy and very quickly became dependent on it. I took a pea test and they said it wasnt in my system and they terminated me from their care in a letter. First I know they deal with people who sell their meds or take too much I give them that. It seamed like everytime I went in they reminded me of that making me feel like a criminal. I was taking my meds as prescibed!!!! I never had a chance to retest or even a blood test. Now I am left to live in pain and addicted to methodone. Thanks Doc
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2399609
13/08/12 5 5 5 5 From the time I was taken back into an exam room, it was explained to me what they were doing and why. Dr. Garrett is very professional and puts you at ease. He is a stickler that you do what he tells you, but he also has a good sense of humor. I put that I paid nothing; however, my insurance does not cover any massages in-house. The massage is a minimal cost, $25.00 I think, so I paid that myself. Very enjoyable. If I HAD to put something that could improve, it would be more ease in getting prescriptions refilled.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1843289
03/04/12 5 4 5 5 I have been to several pain management doctors. Unfortunately had to leave some that I really liked due to insurance coverage. Dr. Garrett has been my favorite doctor thus far. He listens to the patient and truly cares about your pain level. It is not just treat and street with Dr. Garrett. I find him to be so caring. I am thankful for him and the care he provides me. I have been a patient with him now for approximately five years. I will stay with Dr. Garret for as long as he accepts my insurance. If I have to change doctors again I know I'll never find another one like him.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 1525127
29/08/11 5 5 5 5 the first time i visited DR. garrett office he's the best dr. i been to in a long time.the staff are very polite and DR. garrett cares for his patients.that's what counts.
RID: 1466543
17/06/11 1 5 5 5 Dr. Garret is the BEST pain management doctor I have ever been to. I have been searching for a good pain doctor who actually LISTENS to you, instead of doping you up. He honestly treats me like I am his immediate family. I feel like he cares during and after my visit. He is very thorough and goes through whichever medical process he needs to until you are living comfortably. On the other note, his staff is absolutely horrible. It is sad to me that this magnificent doctor is set up with such poor staffing. Unfortunately, I don't believe that Dr. Garret really knows that goes on in his office with his staff. They never call you back when they tell you they are. God forbid an emergency happen, cause they WILL NOT call you back! I have had this happen several times and then when I go see Dr. Garret he had no clue! Dr. Garret, please get better staff! You are amazing!  Respond
RID: 1150670
16/04/10 4 4 5 5 One of the very best doctors I have ever met and I have been a RN for 30 years. He really cares about his patients and you never feel like he doesnt have time to listen. Not only is he kind but also up to date on medical issues.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1101809
09/02/10 5 5 5 5 Fantastic MD now working at Pain COnsultants of West Florida. Caring, prompt and one of the best listeners around. Doesn't "put you in a box" and offers what is best for each patient. Recently transferred from Complete Pain Mgt. and I transferred over with him. Don't believe all of what you are hearing from the old clinic. I am following Dr. Garrett where I can continue to receive great care in a great, new office right down from his old. I have been to most of the other pain docs in the area and he is one of the best - not just out to inject you and he spends lots of quality time getting to know you. Though, if you need an injection he is an expert at those too! No matter what, the guy will not give up on you, which is what you need when you have nothing else. I hope he sticks around in our area and I am going to do what I can to make sure that happens!