Dr. Eli L. Brown

Grad. Year: 1989

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Eli L. Brown has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5339045
09/04/14 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Brown since I was 13 I've always had female problem thanks to Dr. Brown he has always been able to solve them with no problem. I do recommend him to be your obgyn. He also deliver my first baby that I had problems carrying but he took the time to make sure he was just fine and I thank him.  Respond
RID: 4290848
25/01/14 5 5 5 5 I am not from Alabama (I've only lived here 2-1/2 years). I don't have family near (in same state) and I don't know a lot of people. Nevertheless, I had many fibroid tumors that had gotten "Out of Control" and needed IMMEDIATE removal. I Googled "Top" Gynecologist and Dr. Brown's name came up (I think #2). I called #1 . . . a machine came on. I called Dr. Brown's office and spoke to friendly staff members. Although I am AFRAID of ALL doctors, dentist, etc., at my appointment Dr. Brown instantly put me at ease, was thorough in my consultation/examine and gave medical options for my individual case . Shortly afterwards I had surgery. I can honestly say, Dr. Brown is the BEST Gynecologist I've EVER had (and I'm over 50). Thanks Dr. Brown (and staff) for making me feel at comfortable.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 3818150
21/01/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Brown is the best OBGYN thus far. His bedside manner is spectacular. He makes you feel very comfortable and personally calls his patients back to follow up on your visit. I love and appreciate Dr. Brown for his gentle spirit.  Respond
RID: 2895021
04/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Brown is an amazing doctor who is always calm and collected no matter the situation. In addition to being knowledgeable, he is very polite and always makes the time to explain his diagnosis and recommendations. I would highly recommend him to anyone. Thank you very much for all you've done for me, Dr. Brown!
RID: 2520270
03/01/13 5 5 5 5 Dr.Brown is one of the best doctors his bedside manners of AWESOME!!!! I had surgery last year and was so afraid but Dr. Brown and his staff took excellent care of me. He told me what to expect and even talk with my husband and explain everything that he was doing when I woke-up in recovery there was Dr. Brown explaining my pain what going to happen next just an awesome Dr... he has a personal touch!!! with his patient
RID: 1731671
08/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Brown is one of the best doctors in Bham for sure. I have been going to him since 1998 after having tried two other doctors in the city that were not very caring or sensitive to my personal needs. This doctor and his staff are very professional and courteous. Whenever I call, he is the one that calls me back and not a nurse, which is worth so very much to me. He delivered my daughter and I never felt pressured into having a c-section or rushing to induce like alot of my friends complain that their OB's have done. He wanted to do what was best for me and my unborn child. he has impeccable bedside manner and he allows you to be active in your care, yet he is there for guidance and medical advice. We suffered a miscarriage and he made us feel like everything would be okay. No one else words comforted us but he did. He even took time to talk to my husband about everything that was happening. If you need a Dr., look no further.
Respond

29/09/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1219235
30/07/10 5 5 5 5 For anyone looking for a spectacular doctor, please do yourself a favor and make a appointment with Dr. Brown. He was extremely compassionate to my needs. I transferred my care from another doctor because I felt like she really didnt care about me or what I felt like wasn't normal in my pregnancy. After trying to reach her several times, my friend suggested I see her doctor. He actually call me back when I called. I didn't have to talk to his nurse.Thank you Dr. Brown for being so caring.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1199215
30/06/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Brown delivered both of my children and I must say, he is the best! He always returned my phone calls and I didn't have to talk to a nurse, he has great bedside manners, and he is very professional. Dr. Brown is truly an outstanding doctor.
RID: 1178470
28/05/10 5 5 5 5 Where do I begin... I have been a patient of Dr. Brown's since 1994. I wish I could clone him and replace every other physician that I have. He truly cares about his patients. Since 1994, he has remained the same and I would not trade him for the world. He knows my husband and my mother by name and never forgets to ask about them. He is just the absolute best you could ever hope for in a Dr. He listens to you, and he explains every aspect of the care that he administers. I was actually referred to him by my GYN at the time. Sad to say but she never saw me again.
RID: 1099120
05/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Brown is a very respected MD in his field. He is the head of the OBGYN dept at Brookwood Hospital. He is extrememly professional and very knowledgable in his expertise. He truly cares for each patient and personally returns their phone calls. He also comes in to deliver his own patients seven days a week even if he isnt on call. I cant say enough about him. He is the best. If you want professional, knowledgable and caring, he is your doc!!
Respond

30/08/09 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 818267
06/03/09 5 5 5 5 Doctor Brown is a FIRST CLASS doctor!! He is so caring! He makes you feel so comfortable when your in his office, always calls you back when you need him. What can I say... I Love Dr. Brown!
RID: 358803
03/07/07 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Brown. He is a caring man. I had so much trouble with finding the right Birth Control Pill. I felt like I was just a bother to him with the complaints and call backs. He got me stabalized with a new chewable Birth Control Pill and always treated me like it was a pleasure to serve me as a person and a patient.
RID: 280492
15/04/07 5 5 5 I am currently a patient of Dr Brown, and I would recommend him to anyone. Dr Brown is the kind of doctor who doesn't treat you like a co-pay on an assembly line. I can call Dr Brown at 3am, and he acts like it's 2 in the afternoon. I've never had to speak to his nurse about my personal problem, because he always called me back. I think Dr Brown is the most caring, soft spoken doctor I've ever met. GREAT bedside manner. I've seen several doctors, who feel like just because they have M.D., behind their name they can tell you anything, because you don't know medicine. Dr Brown takes the time to explain everything to you, until you understand. I hope alot more people visit this web-site,not to be mean about another doctor, but to show people that they're better doctors out there. For anyone that is looking for a GREAT doctor, Dr. Brown is one of the best.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 273696
11/04/07 5 5 5 I recently starting seeing Dr Brown as an OB patient, and didnt know there was a doctor in Birmingham that returned his own phone calls. I'm used to speaking with nurses, or other staff memebers. But each time I called Dr Brown, he returned my call personally. I knew I wasnt Dr Brown's only patient, but he certainly did make me feel that way. When I went into labor, Dr Brown wasnt on call, but he came in to deliver my baby. And that made me feel absolutely wonderful. Any woman out there who's tired of seeing 3 and 4 doctors during their pregnancy, I highly recommend Dr Brown.