Rate Dr. Eli L. Brown

Dr. Eli L. Brown's Ratings

Dr. Brown is really a GREAT Dr. He takes time with you to answer any questions or concerns you have and is VERY easy to talk with. Very knowledgeable and professional. HOWEVER the office staff is not the same. I was scheduled for an outpatient surgery and was not called by the office providing me with my surgery date/time. 2 days before the tentative date I called scheduling and was given the exact date/time. Of course no likes to take responsibility so she blamed it on OR/Scheduling dept. Unfortunately, this surgery was unsuccessful and a month later had to have a more extensive surgery. YET AGAIN after calling the office 2x and 4 days later I still have not been called with a surgery date. So I called the Surgery Scheduling dept and as I figured the surgery has not been scheduled and they did not see anything where it has been requested. I have worked in a Pediatrician and Dermatologist office so I know for a fact it DOES NOT take a week to schedule a surgery. Again Dr. Brown is an AWESOME Dr. but his staff on the other hand is not. I've had this experience with 2 different ladies in the office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2686683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

I LOVE doctor Brown..I would not want any other OBGYN..I have been going to Dr. Brown for years..The only issue i have ever had was with staff. A receptionist gave me wrong info when i called to verify my 1st appt. I had two appts this day.. She gave the 2nd appt time for the 1st appt. When she found the error she made it seem ask if i didnt make it clear which appt i needed; instead of admitting her fault and apologizing.. In it all i was almost an hour late for my 1st appt which also pushed the 2nd one back.. But i guess everything isnt perfect..Dr Brown however is a winner...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2676717].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

Admittedly, I have only been once, after Dr. Brown was recommended to me by a friend. I have never seen a kinder doctor. He is the right balance between professional and friendly, and I felt very at ease. Dr. Eli works fast with his nurses, and the exam was quick and painless. I was so pleased. I wish he was a General Practitioner, too - because he makes other docs seem below par.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2675854].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2015

LOVE Dr Brown, he is the MOST CARING gyn! I felt comfortable w him right away (& I was leery of having a male doc) but since ive been seeing him for over 7 yrs now, I cant imagine going to anyone else! His beside manner is calm, cool, and excellent! Even in difficult situations, he is very reassuring. Love the staff as well, never an issue w any of them, they are all really nice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2643280].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

Dr. Brown has been my OB/GYN since I was 19 years old. I'm currently 39 and he's delivered all three of my children. I can sincerely say that Dr. Brown is the most professional, knowledgeable, and friendly doctor I've ever had. He's sincere and genuinely cares for his patients. His staff has shown me the same professionalism and courtesy. Even though I do miss Janice, his nurse for many years, his current nurse is awesome too! In my opinion, Dr. Brown is the best. I take great pride in saying he is the most professional African-American male with a practice that I've ever seen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2582236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2014

Dr. Brown is always nice and courteous. His staff on the other hand is rude and very unprofessional. I hate to even call and schedule an appointment because it takes forever.. Their attitude is no better when you get there.. The only person that I enjoyed was the nurse that does the labs.. and she's gone :-(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Super

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2492934].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2491864].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Brown since I was 13 I've always had female problem thanks to Dr. Brown he has always been able to solve them with no problem. I do recommend him to be your obgyn. He also deliver my first baby that I had problems carrying but he took the time to make sure he was just fine and I thank him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2444326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

I am not from Alabama (I've only lived here 2-1/2 years). I don't have family near (in same state) and I don't know a lot of people. Nevertheless, I had many fibroid tumors that had gotten "Out of Control" and needed IMMEDIATE removal. I Googled "Top" Gynecologist and Dr. Brown's name came up (I think #2). I called #1 . . . a machine came on. I called Dr. Brown's office and spoke to friendly staff members. Although I am AFRAID of ALL doctors, dentist, etc., at my appointment Dr. Brown instantly put me at ease, was thorough in my consultation/examine and gave medical options for my individual case . Shortly afterwards I had surgery. I can honestly say, Dr. Brown is the BEST Gynecologist I've EVER had (and I'm over 50). Thanks Dr. Brown (and staff) for making me feel at comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1177217].votes_count ]]