Dr. Bassam M. Haffar

Rate Dr. Bassam M. Haffar

Dr. Bassam M. Haffar's Ratings

I was very scarcastic to dr hafarr when I first met him, we were waiting for an evening surgery, but I am so glad to have received the surgical skill and talent of this dr, he saved my father's life (81) when it appeared most of the healthcare providers had given up on him. My father doesn't walk and spends most of his life in hospital bed. Hafarr is a good person who doesn't judge or hate, its a hard enough job to be a dr and deal with bratty families without trying to win a popularity vote. Skill and Talent is at the top of my list for a surgeon, my dad is also obese, he was a hot mess, his liver had become necrotic, everything was swollen 4x its normal size, he was expected to die on the table (intubated), the nurses wanted a DNR. My dad was so yellow and swollen with blood infection, and God used this doctors kindness to bring him back to his family.

Submitted Nov. 6, 2013 | flag

I love this dr he has helped me so much i was very sick and othet drs couldnt fix me buy dr haffar has me back on track feeling better and better each day. Thank you so much for fixing me when nobody else could. My family thanks you to.

Submitted March 9, 2013 | flag

Dr. and staff are great... but, bring a book or something though, because there is a good 1-2 wait.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2012 | flag

Not a very good doctor and hard to understand. Only intersted in doing procedure on you.

Submitted Jan. 20, 2012 | flag

Very good doctor with a very good stff! He found my colon cancer and probably helped to save my life.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2011 | flag

Love, love, love Dr. Haffar. I have been to several GI doctors and he is the best by far. Very compansionate and a very good listener for starters. Then he is knowledgable on top of that. He was able to get my UC in remission after being flared up almost constantly for ten years. His staff haven't been exactly rude with me, but they have a brisk manner sometimes. The worst complaint I have about visiting him is that his waiting room is uncomfortable, especially if you have to wait very long.

Submitted May 6, 2011 | flag

I was talked to in a rude manner on the phone--I was actually "hung up on" and was told I would be on hold for a moment--trying to schedule a colonoscopy. I have known Dr.Haffar fr.the beginning when he came to WV--I think highly of him,but have a problem with the staff--they wouldn't even allow me to get a word in edgewise on the phone. I will now have to schedule the test in Logan Co.,where everyone is so much nicer--Dr. Haffar goes to Logan once a mo. for scopes,thank goodness. even though I live in Charleston area,I now realize this is what I should have done to begin with--this way,I don't have to deal with the office staff in S. Charleston--they are totally rude and unhelpful.I am a nurse,and try to speak in a friendly manner and be helpful as possible.--treat others as you would like to be treated.

Submitted March 16, 2011 | flag

excellent physcian listens to your complaint recommend to every one

Submitted Oct. 5, 2010 | flag

Dr. B. Haffar has taken care of me in the hospital and as an out-patient surgery. He listens to his patients and evaluates each individually. He and his office staff are very friendly and speak excellent English. Thanks, Dr. Haffar

Submitted Feb. 7, 2010 | flag