Dr. Darin Banmann

Rate Dr. Darin Banmann

Dr. Darin Banmann's Ratings

I have spent 7 years seeing various doctors about extreme back pain, starting when I was 13. None of those doctors took me serious, kept saying I spranged my back. I've spent thousands on physio and chiropractors. It wasn't until I could barely walk or sit that I went on my own to see Dr. Banmann. He took my pain serious, and he was the first doctor to suggest a CAT scan!! I was finally diagnosed with a ruptured herniated disc between my L4 and L5. By that time it was too late for any non-surgical interventions. I couldn't walk, or sit. Dr. Banmann is a excellent doctor and still see him to this day. He was sympathic to my needs with my extreme nerve pain, worked well with me, with concern that I lived 4 hours away from winnipeg. I would recommend him to anyone.

Submitted July 7, 2014 | flag

This doctor is not respectful and does not listen to his patients. He does not address patient concerns. Do not go to him.

Submitted March 21, 2014 | flag

I found Dr. Banman to be very courteous, conscientious and professional. He does thorough exams, listens well and asks great questions. He has/is very helpful to me and I find his treatment plan and explanations easily understood. I would recommend him without hesitation.

Submitted March 13, 2014 | flag

Dr.Banman treated my Mom with respect, he took as much time as needed, answered all our questions. He was very kind and compassionate he carefully explained his diagnosis and presented the options.

Submitted March 12, 2014 | flag

Completely disinterested in my pain. Spent a few minutes with me and told me to go to physio and come back in three weeks. Physiotherapist told me it wasn't muscle pain at all, it appeared to be nerve pain coming from my L4. Went to another doctor who ordered an emergency MRI.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2013 | flag

DOCTOR SHOWED LITTLE CONCERN AND SEEM TO HAVE A BUREAUCRATIC STYLE TO TREATING HIS PATIENTS. WAS NOT AT ALL HELPFUL IN ANY REGURAD!!

Submitted June 20, 2013 | flag

Saw this doctor a few years ago and he completely disregarded evrything I told him about my symptoms. Ended up seeing him twice and he was useless. Told me I hadn't been in enough pain for a long enough period of time. Now I need surgery. I truly believe this problem with my shoulder could have been taken care of nonsurgically at the beginning of the problem.From now on I'll go to the new sports clinic on Pacific. Less wait time, competent doctors. They saw the problem right away. Said this type of problem can heal on it's own but if it's not better after a year, it should be looked into. That's for ignoring me and allowing me to suffer needlessly for 2 years.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2012 | flag

Well-informed, up-to-date,a great listener. Takes time to explain things.Kind and compassionate. Always felt comfortable with him. I recommend this doctor!

Submitted Jan. 14, 2012 | flag

Accurate diagnosis, explained the healing timetable. Thorough examination during follow up visits. Pleasant and takes time to answer any questions. Explains in layman terms. Good work Doc!

Submitted Sept. 10, 2011 | flag

first I have to stop laughing. O.K. I saw this doc for a knee injury, he totally downplayed my injury. Then, on a subsequent visit I overheard him telling a patient in the next room that their problem is nothing to worry about! I thought I was on Seinfeld.

Submitted Dec. 23, 2010 | flag