Rate Dr. Jordan M. Balter

Dr. Jordan M. Balter's Ratings

I HAD TWO DIFFERENT APPOINTMENTS SCHEDULED AND I DROVE AN HOUR AND A HALF AND I WAS TOLD WHEN I GOT THERE THAT HE CALLED IN AND CANCELLED.NEVER GOING BACK TO HIM EVER.

Submitted April 18, 2014 | flag

I am not a patient but my boyfriend of six years goes to him. Let me start off with saying my boyfriend is a addict. if your a opiate addict why give them another opiate (subutex or suboxone)? This maybe another stupid question why does Dr. Balter prescribe it to his patients for 2 years? Oh wait let me answer this for you... cause he wants ur copay and insurance money. Other things that happen with "dr.balter" he makes u wait hours to see him cause he is to busy smoking cigarettes with his patients, he makes his patients go buy him cigarettes. Oh don't forget my boyfriend suffers from addiction but yet he precribed him with volume. So I think you get the point here. If your worried about your health and well being I wouldn't go to Dr.Balter

Submitted Nov. 2, 2013 | flag

Dr. Balter is late sometimes but it's usually worth it. I read the other comments. I have never seen him unconcerned about the office. I've never seen him spend more than a few minutes with someone from a pharm company. He usually spends about the right amount of time with me. I've seen a lot of psychiatrists over the years and he is one of the best I've had and certainly the best in the area. I can't imagine him not caring about someone urinating in the waiting room. If that really happened he probably didn't know about it. And running late doesn't always mean that someone doesn't care. None of my doctors run on time and I think they care. They are just busy. I would highly recommend him.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2012 | flag

A really good and compassionate doctor who knows a lot about his field.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2012 | flag

Dr. Balter is absolutely never on time. I saw him for over four years and I can't remember ever waiting less than an hour, and in each new office, the wait time got worse and worse. I finally came to my senses and after being urged by my therapist I started seeing a private pay psychiatrist, and wow, what a difference!!! He had my diagnosis wrong for all 4 years I saw him. I was never in his office for longer than 7 or 8 minutes, and most of the times it was even less than that. Even if I had questions or concerns, he would often start to usher me out of the room before I was ready to be done with the appointment. My final reason for leaving was how both he and his office staff handled an incident in the waiting room where another patient urinated on a chair-instead of removing the chair and cleaning it up, they left the chair there and left us-the patients in the waiting room to warn others not to sit there. When there is only about 8 chairs in a room, seating is at a premium.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2012 | flag

I have seen many psychiatrists since I was in my teens. I am now in my 60's and Dr Balter ranks in the top 2 or 3 docs I have seen. While most psychiatrists I have seen are familiar with only a handful of medications-or at least only use a select few, Dr Balter has as much or more knowledge of psychoactive drugs and will try whichever ones are needed to help you with your symptoms. He is easy to talk with(doesn't talk down to you) and will try to help you with your problems. My only complaint is the invariably long waiting time but if you are looking for quality help the wait is worth it.

Submitted July 17, 2011 | flag

Best psychiatrist I have worked with. Getting my needs met and feeling great.

Submitted July 4, 2011 | flag

Easy to talk to, knew a lot about my medications, and helped me get better.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2011 | flag

Have never waited less than 2 hours for my scheduled appt.-3 hours is par for the course-for a less than 5 minute "session". Spends about 45 minutes with pharmaceutical detail men and goes out for a smoke after every 4 or 5 patients. The main talk in his waiting room centers around his extreme lack of punctuality. Most interpret this-rightly-as a complete lack of concern for their problems and their time. His time, of course, is of paramount importance. He bills my insurance company for a 30-minute session. I'm very tempted to report this to them! If your time and emotional health are as unimportant to you as it is to him, by all means stick with him. I'm searching for a new psychiatrist, but good ones are very hard to find. He won't refill prescriptions without an office visit, even when it's his fault-he doesn't get paid without an office visit.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2010 | flag