Rate Dr. John D. Horgan

Dr. John D. Horgan's Ratings

I had the same experience as others- did not get to see Dr Horgan- was instead seen by a physicians assistant and a nurse- both 20 something's. I had questions I needed answers to and the assistant while ok, was not able to provide answers. I was told I was retaining urine and the nurse put in a catheter - not terribly gently. They didn't measure what they got. They wanted me to catheterize myself FOUR times daily- after I argued they instead sent me home with Flomax. I got in to see them on very short notice, now I know why. This office is a money mill. Go somewhere else if you can..

Submitted March 19, 2014 | flag

Dr. Horgan should be a veterinarian. It has been 2 months since the surgery and I am still in pain. My testicle bag has 2 big knots of scar tissue. Insurance deductible was met, but not shown on the books. Office demanded that we pay full amount regardless of payment from insurance (this demand was mentioned 4-6 times at first and second visits). We paid full amount and are still waiting for the office to refund our money. Very nice office, but must have trouble paying for it since EVERYONE is so concerned with getting paid. I believe it is commonplace in the world to pay for a good or service? I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR FOR THIS PROCEDURE ESPECIALLY!

Submitted May 8, 2013 | flag

Very quick procedure, wasn't given anything for pain at the office. Had to endure what felt like someone clamping my left testicle in a vice until I recieved pain meds from pharmacy. One incision looks good, other looks like a knot of skin on my scrotum. Office is VERY concerned with being paid, not sure what the big deal is but it is mentioned at least 25-30 times in all of the literature given pre-op. Would of preferred the doctor prep me rather than a "hot" 20 something nurse, just my opinion. Society doesn't really set you up for being comfortable with dropping your pants in fromt of a woman you just met seconds ago.

Submitted March 15, 2013 | flag

Jekyll & Hyde personality. You may get lucky and have the great doc one day, the next is a bitter angry man "too busy" to do his job.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2011 | flag

Dr. Horgan is very good if you get to see him. Post surgery visits I saw his physician assistant(3 Times). Was not asked if seeing a female would bother me!! Staff has a problem with organization. You call in for tests results, they say they will call back, she didn't, a week later, we were in the office, they told us they didn't have the results, yet on the way home they called our cell phone and home phone to say they found the results and got a doctors ok to give them to us. The entire staff is extremely nice, but communication is not their strong point.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2010 | flag

Great guy!!!!! Funny, to the point, great bedside manner and honest. It is a changing world and we need down to earth docs that can relate to the patients. Staff is a little rusty but he is the man....

Submitted Jan. 23, 2010 | flag