Dr. Sara Maureen Taman

5 1 3.1

You may also like

Rate Dr. Sara Maureen Taman

Dr. Sara Maureen Taman's Ratings

I met with this doctor only once and found her judgemental. Her response to my occasional smoking was "I just don't understand why you people do that"- Hey doc, why not ask sincerely why a patient has a habit or behaviour rather than making them feel judged? She suggested that I couldn't necessarily trust my long-term partnership because we aren't married. I found her old fashioned, judgemental and offensive. The result of those kinds of comments and attitudes is that your patients will simply withhold information that they feel you might judge and their health is at risk as a result. With something as personal and important as your health and wellbeing it's a terrible feeling to be treated this way by a doctor. Left my appointment feeling less well than when I went in.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2808479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Taman for about 4 years and I think she is fantastic and wonderful at her job. She is compassionate, caring, always listens and is almost always on time. I have since had a son and she has been wonderful with him too. I just hope she will stay in practice for many years to come as medicine is her calling.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2753718].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Brushed off every problem I came to her with by saying "oh it's probably blah, blah, blah." does not make refferals or follow up. She brushed off one problem I had and I ended up in emerge with an ovarion cyst. Very upset with this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2641796].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

Dr. Sara Maureen Taman's response
I try to always do an appropriate assessment of medical problems and investigate as needed. I make referrals when indicated and follow-up on tests when appropriate.

Dr. Sara Maureen Taman's response
I have no information about this issue. I really think this patient should come and discuss it with me so it could be clarified as opposed to writing unpleasant and anonymous comments online. However such is the nature of these websites. Doctors are expected to take time to try to explain things when they must second guess what patients are talking about.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

I too feel that Dr Taman is Burnt out or just close enough to retirement that she is no longer engaged. The care she provided me was fine but I will look elsewhere for a GP.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2559301].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

Very nice doctor, always ready to listen and refer to specialists. Appointments are always at least an hour late, not sure if it's the staff overbooking or if it's just taking extra time with each patient.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][391113].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Sara Maureen Taman's response
I am not always behind and usually patients don't wait for more than 15-30 minutes. This would be very unusual.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

A doctor who doesn't know, suggest or care. She doesn't follow through and makes diagnosis based on what other doctors say. Very disappointed with this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][391112].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 16, 2012

Dr. Sara Maureen Taman's response
Unfortunately due to a death in the family I had to have an unplanned absence and was not there for some patients. Have to trust other colleagues sometimes, especially if they are specialists.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

I feel so lucky to have her as my physician . Very helpful,patience and polite . Listens and understands your concern .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][391110].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2012

I am so happy to be in her practice again! I think she's great! Totally listens does her best to try to help. Doesn't rush things (which is probably why she always runs late.) I can't say enough good things... :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][391111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012

I would really recommend this doctor. She is compassionate, gentle, professional, listens to you and helps you. Very good doctor. She would be even better if she was able to be on time for appointments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][391109].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2010

Dr. Sara Maureen Taman's response
I do try to stay on time but have problems balancing the needs of patient in office with the needs of those in waiting room. I do book a standard 15 minutes for an office visit but some patients expect more.