Dr. M. Amr Hosny

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 16/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 23 reviews. Dr. M. Amr Hosny has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. M. Amr Hosny
Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab-related: pain relief, physical rehabilitation, stroke recovery, accident recovery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/04/14 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

16/09/13 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Anesthesiologist" to "Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab"
RID: 2740664
29/07/13 5 5 5 5 I just want to say that I'm super picky and really take my time finding doctors. A recent postpartum MRI showed a disc bulge on my lumbar spine which caused me extreme sciatic nerve pain for 6 weeks! I have to say that I LOVE this office, Dr. Chu, the nurses (both) were great LOVE KATHERINE. Dr. Hosny is SO caring, comforting and compassionate. Everyone in PT is exceptional too(I see Beth). I was SO nervous to get the epidural lumbar injection and the second they noticed it, they made me feel so comfortable, explained EVERYTHING to me/put my mind at easy. You can tell Dr. Hosny and his staff are very knowledgeable with lots of experience. I was sedated and next thing you know the procedure was done! If I have to get more done I won't be nervous because I know who I'm dealing now and trust them! The precautions they take are above & beyond. They had me stop taking certain medications as a precaution before the procedure that other doctors didn't catch. Love them! Highly Recommend!
RID: 2655255

22/05/13 1 1 1 1 Dr. Mohamed Amr H. Ahmed Hosny, MD - this troll isn't even a decent human being never-mind a good physician. I happened to be going for surgery in the same building he works out of in Riverdale. I parked in a parking spot marked surgery center, thinking this was the parking for the dermatology group i was going to. The valet had not yet arrived as it was 8 am. This troll parks behind me, blocking me in, and says to the valet "screw them now they can wait until I'm done with surgery" This troll then proceeds to go into his office with his keys, leaving me stranded after coming out of surgery, and I am expected at another office for the surgery to be completed. Then when i go into his office, he charges me like a bull. I dint know who he thinks he is, but i wouldnt trust him with my life, as an anesthesiologist. He has no moral compass!! What kind of person does that. He should go back under the rock he crawled out of.  Respond
RID: 2620700
18/04/13 5 5 5 5 Before being treated by Dr. Hosny and his staff, I was unable to take care and play with my grandchildren. It hurt my heart that I couldn't do things that I usually had no difficulty doing. I saw hope when I met with Dr. Hosny. He knew exactly what was wrong and how to get rid of the pain. I am forever grateful to him and his staff. I am back to living my life without pain. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I would recommended him to everyone!
RID: 2581595
10/03/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Hosny is one of the most caring physicians I have known. I came to Dr. Hosny after a chiropractor hurt my back so bad that I could barely walk. Dr. Hosny listened and wrote down everything I said. He ordered an MRI and then I had my first procedure all within two weeks of seeing Dr. Hosny. He truly is the BEST doctor!!!! He is very kind and very caring towards his patients. Summer who is the physican's assistant is excellent!!! The staff at NJPCC are top notch!! They always have a warm friendly smile when they greet you. I give the dr and his staff and A++++++++++++++
RID: 2551288

05/02/13 1 1 1 1 This doctor is horrible. He never remembers your condition. My consults were 5 minutes long and his insisted certain procedures that had no effect on me. I told him the Facet Injections weren't working after about a year of going there and the next month he would not see me and left me out like a dog in the street with no meds all because I voiced my opinion that I no longer felt the procedures were working. That is no reason to inexplicably cut someone off from their meds just because you can't bill the insurance company for those procedures anymore. I guess I wasn't profitable for him anymore.  Respond
RID: 2544494
29/01/13 5 4 5 5 I work 14hrs/day, and this life style has been harsh on my neck/spine. My neck suddenly hurt so much that I had basically lost all movement and was unable to work for a week. When I found NY Pain Care online and read Dr. Hosny's reviews, I made an appointment right away (and I was able to get an appointment the day of, vs. other hospitals that won't give you an appointment until a month later). Super friendly and hospitable staff. Dr. Hosny is very good at what he does. He knew exactly what problem I had, helped me understand what's causing the pain, and I was scheduled for an MRI and treatment immediately. Within 2 days, I was without pain and fully functioning back at work. Even with full schedule, Dr. Hosny was able to accommodate me. I went in for another treatment after 2 weeks, and now I'm basically cured. I highly recommend anyone with bad neck/back pain to visit this hospital. People at this hospitable really care about your health vs. just wanting to make money.
RID: 2491258
05/12/12 1 1 1 1 After waiting an hour+ to see Hosney,I saw his rude & immature assistant, Summer. She obviously did not take good notes because by the time Hosney saw me,together,they were like two retards trying to come up with a procedure to ease my gynecological pain. After two procedures and NO PHONE CALLS or follow ups later(I had to call them a million times),the office told gave me an excuse that they have been "so busy" and that "A Dr. at Cornell was helping Hosney with your case." It was all bullsh*t. The actual truth is that my medical history was lost,because the turnaround rate is so high in that office and was place in the hands of 3 different nurses. I would NEVER EVER deal with this un-organized,unprofessional "staff" again. Do not waste your time. Even a NUMBER ONE Dr. in the tri state told me this guy is no good!  Respond
RID: 1826825
31/03/12 5 5 5 5 After being in agony for 12 weeks, Dr. Hosny treated my sciatica by removing part of my L4-5 disc (the part that was pressing on the nerve). It took about 4 weeks for me to feel better, and now I have no pain whatsoever. I sent him my sister and father for their back problems. Thank you Dr. Hosny!!!!
RID: 1725438
29/02/12 5 5 5 5 Based on my experience with Dr. Hosny helping me with two difficult pain conditions over a number of years and at both the NY and NJ locations, I highly recommend him. I think he is a smart, responsive, and caring doctor and has always been availalbe to help me; at any hour. I think his employees at both the NY and NJ locations are great as well.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
Respond

11/12/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1637072
17/11/11 5 5 5 5 I initially saw Dr. Hosny in his NY office and then transferred to the NJ office, so I can comment on both. The staff is just top notch!! Dr. Hosny didn't give up until he found the source of my pain and now I am back to normal. Thank you Dr. Hosny and Staff!!!
RID: 1562030
15/10/11 4 3 4 4 you people who complained about this doctor are RETARDS..most pain management drs aren't known for their "bedside manner" or compassion they are basically just there to prescribe meds and do procedures THATS IT. if you run out of your meds there's basically no chance ANY pain management dr will give you another script. and most pain management drs offices have the worst staffs and make you wait awhile til you actually get in the room and see the dr. if you can't take that then God help u finding a dr that doesn't do any of those things and they usually NEVER really listen to what you have to say cause they all got that "God complex" thing going, its just a fact of life. i was in a BAD car accident in '05 and have been going to pain management physicians ever since and like i said above basically ALL of them are the same. now i just hope they give me the painkillers i need and don't make me wait too long to get in the exam room and see them. if they can do that then im fine!!
See Responses
RID: 1550157
29/09/11 5 3 5 5 Dr. Hosny is one of the most caring physicians I've known. He and his staff are professional and do everything possible to create as comfortable an experience as possible taking into consideration your level of pain and needs. After being treated by other pain management specialists, Dr. Hosny is the only doctor who accurately diagnosed and found ways to treat my pain successfully. Anyone who has suffered cervical or spinal pain is aware of the affect this has on your life. Dr. Hosny has literally given me back my life. Although you may need to wait past the expected appointment time, Dr. Hosny is well worth the wait. I had literally lost hope of being in control of my pain. He has found ways to help me manage it and for this I am extremely grateful. I would recommend him to anyone who suffers from chronic pain of any type.
See Responses
RID: 1548969

28/09/11 2 1 2 2 Very very long waiting time to see the doctor. Never on time! Some of his staff are rude and irresponsible. After several messages left I never received a phone call back. I have never experienced any doctors office like this. I have a pretty flexible schedule but they never seemed to have a day or time worked around me. I would advise anyone looking for a pain management doctor to look other wise.  Respond

01/06/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1425398
26/04/11 4 4 5 5 I highly recommend this doctor on many different levels. Excellent bedside manner and knows what he is talking about. He listens carefully to what your symptoms are. He takes time in consultations. This has not been my experience with other doctors, who tend to be keen to diagnose in as short a time as possible and overmedicate. Additionally, my experience with other doctors has been that if the solution to pain does not involve surgery, they are not very interested. Nor do they offer any real advice on how to stay pain free in the longer term beyond the usual advice to go to physical therapy. Dr Hosny is different. he offers treatment solutions and then wants to be kept informed on how you feel (for example he wants updates on how you feel following an injection for pain). He then adapts treatment accordingly. He also responds to my emails when I have queries or need advice. This is important especially when it is not always possible to attend appointments due to work commitments.
RID: 1424418
25/04/11 5 5 5 5 I had hurt my lower back in a car accident and alo hurt my left knee in a sports injury. I went to multiple doctors and they were all unable to help me. They all kept sending me to different doctors. The pain was horrible and I was sufferring and kept praying for an answer. When I found Dr. Hosny, he immediately diagnosed both my knee and lower back problems. The pain went away within minutes after he completed the procedures (both of which were painless and under a minute)and my prayers were finally answered. Not only did I respect Doctor Hosny as a physician, but I also respected him as a person because he truly cared about my condition. He cared about finding the solution to my problem. It is hard to find a doctor who really knows what he or she is doing and also cares so much about his patients. When you are a patient of Dr. Hosny, trust that you are in good hands.
RID: 1420615
19/04/11 5 4 5 5 One of the kindest and down to earth doctors I have ever been to. He tried everything to get me better. I finally felt great after a lumbar ablation. Returned my calls the same day and filled all the paperwork needed for my short term disability. Highly recommended.
RID: 1417911
16/04/11 5 5 5 5 For the past five years I have been suffering with terrible migraines almost on a daily basis. For years I have tried all types of treatments and medications with no relief. I would like to express my greatest appreciation and thank Dr. Hosny for relieving me of my migraine headaches and for helping me lead a better life without medication. Dr. Hosny performed a cervical facet radiofrequency neurotomy procedure on my neck. He is the first doctor that actually understood and knew why I was getting migraines. He is a fantastic, caring and compassionate doctor and is extremely knowledgeably. He answered all my questions and spent plenty of time explaining things to me. His staff is amazing as well and are all very caring individuals.  Respond
RID: 1415199
13/04/11 5 5 5 5 I suffer from chronic back pain, I have seen multiple docs in the city, and some did procedures, some gave me pain pills, but none of them were able to help me. I was given the name of Dr Hosny by a friend, and I was very pleased with the overall treatment I received. He was very pleasant, and took the time to answer all of my questions and explain the procedures he was going to do. My pain is much improved, and I am almost fully recovered. I highly recommend this doctor, he is everything a doctor should be!
RID: 1413328

12/04/11 1 3 1 2 this doctors office is a NIGHTMARE !!! I tried to call them for extreme pain, they never return calls, If you run out of medication its too bad ,they wont give you any medication until your next re-schedualed date, in other words its about money and its very wrong to let a patient become dependent on a medication and not treat them until another office visit where they charge hundreds of dollars and will let you suffer without any meds.
Insurance: Medicare
Paid (or co-pay): $500
RID: 1163906

06/05/10 1 1 1 1 He sat in the chair and was annoyed when he had to help the resident insert a needle into my back. She had tried several times before he got up and decided to help. I normally saw Dr. Podder who is wonderful but was unable to be there for this appointment. I would only go back if Dr. Podder was available.
RID: 1152752
19/04/10 4 1 4 4 Dr. Hosny's staff is very nice and very helpful. The doctor at my first visit was amazing and made me feel like there was so much that could be done. Over the course of time being with him, I have found that although he is knowledgeable&friendly when he is with you, he is late every time at least an hour, most of the time more. he is not diligent with phone calls back and he doesn't consider anything an emergency. It is odd, because in seeing him and speaking with him, he is always so nice. But when issues arose after hours, he was less than helpful and actually rude when he called me back. Unfortunately, I have heard this from everyone in his waiting room. But a lot of people deal with it because of the hassle to change doctors especially with pain meds. It's a shame...because it seems like he has a lot of knowledge but is just too greedy to take less patients&dedicate time to the ones he has.
RID: 1143886

06/04/10 1 1 1 1 One on the worse pain management doctors i've encountered . My consult was 10 minutes supposed to be 45 . He didn't listen to anything I had to say he's preoccupied with his complacent lucrative business as he triple books patients its quite hard to believe he has the credentials and prestige resume he presents I had to keep reiterating my symptoms and complains , His office staff are horrific as him they never returns call , lie and as incompetent and uncaring as their boss . He's wasted numerous hours and only made issues and my dilemma worse . please avoid this doctor at all cost !  Respond
RID: 1110697
20/02/10 5 4 5 5 MD has great bedside manner. Is personable, punctual and friendly! Office is immaculate!
* - Rating left by a registered user