Rate Dr. Ronald E. Gurney

Dr. Ronald E. Gurney's Ratings

This is a rip off office. They enticed us by saying that they would accept our insurance, but after a while told us that they do not work with our insurance and demanded for us to pay the full price that was billed to the insurance company and NOT the fraction of the billed amount, that the insurance company pays them, as was agreed by us prior to seeing the doctor. The have been deceitful, continually harassed and referred us to their collection attorney. The office staff was rude and full of lies about the agreement she made with us in her office. Ronald Gurney was a pleasant doctor, even though we got no positive results out of visiting him twice. We were referred to him by a mutual doctor friend, but would never recommend anyone to visit this doctor as long as he has the current office staff working for him. You can not trust anything that his staff say.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2014 | flag

My GI for 10 years. Punctual, friendly, direct, competent, accurate, supportive. Love him!

Submitted Oct. 23, 2013 | flag

He is a bit old fashioned in that he actually takes time to talk to you. What he doesn't know right off the bat, he will look to find the answer. He has been gracious when giving specfic direction. His staff is firm but nice. Fair prices.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2012 | flag

Great doctor! I've been going to him for years. He has been very accurate in his diagnosis. He makes sure I don't waste time/money on specialists and tests I don't need.

Submitted April 4, 2012 | flag

Great doctor. I have gone to two specialist for different problems and each time they were not sure of the etiology of the problem. Both time Dr. Gurney figured it out. Also his specialty is gastroenterology although he acts as many patient's primary doctor. I feel lucky to have him as my doctor. Very approachable and professional.

Submitted April 14, 2011 | flag

Dr. Ronald Gurney is reasonably competent, however he is quick to render a diagnosis and sometimes misses. Easy access and capable staff are a plus.

Submitted July 21, 2009 | flag