Dr. Darren Lazare

Rate Dr. Darren Lazare

Dr. Darren Lazare's Ratings

I have nothing but good things to say About Dr Darren Lazare. I saw him January 24 2014 in Vancouver. He advised me what I should be doing until my operation which was February 14 2014.This is the first time in my life being(69) after having several operations that I was able to get off my bed and walk out the front door by myself and not walk like a ****en sailor as a nurse told a person picking me up the time before. I have felt very little pain and feeling much better. My only complaint would be that I'm putting on weight which I don't really like. Will see the doctor April 9 and will ask why & the bloating. I wish that I live closer to Vancouver so that I would not have a problem getting a ride to see Dr Lazare. I would recommend Dr Lazare to anyone. His bed side manners were above & beyond what is really required of anyone in any profession. I was very pleased with him INCLUDING HIS STAFF. Thank you for their support & kindness. LK

Submitted April 4, 2014 | flag

I went to see Dr. Lazare as I had prolapse and a leaky bladder after having three children. I waited forever to get into his office and couldn't ever get through to his receptionist. They just don't seem to answer their phone! Initially I thought he was very nice and explained my options but seemed to be set on doing surgery and promised that it would fix my problems... What a mistake!!! I'm still leaking, almost worse than before and the repair failed. I had so much pain for months following his surgery. I understand these things can happen, but when asked why, he just became rude and had no time for me. I was so disappointed and have had to see another gynaecologist who had to fix what he had done. Required another surgery. I would never recommend going to him. He is arrogant and just doesn't care. I think he has a god complex! Very disappointed.

Submitted March 12, 2014 | flag

Excellent doctor, very kind and compationate. I would highly recommend him.

Submitted Feb. 26, 2014 | flag

Had prolapse surgery on Oct./13. Highly recommend Dr.Darren Lazare. He is very knowledgeable and he's the one to choose for pelvic floor disorders. Trust his expertise! I'm thoroughly enjoying my new health and freedom. Kudos to Dr.Lazare,his staff as well as the surgical team at Jim Pattison Out Patient Care and Surgery Centre,Surrey,BC. For me,it was a good decision. I made the right choice. Last but not least ,"Thank You Mr. Pattison for caring."

Submitted Dec. 13, 2013 | flag

Both my husband and I saw Dr. Lazare. He is very friendly and very patient in answering all our questions. I am scheduled to have prolaspe surgery in a few weeks. I would love to hear from any ladies who have had the surgery in the past six months or so. How are you doing?

Submitted Nov. 7, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lazar is a great doctor and I have been seeing him now for a couple of years as I continue waiting for prolapse surgery. He is very friendly, easy to talk too and is also very knowledgeable. I do have a question for other patients if that's possible. If there are ladies out there that have had mesh surgery please let me know how you are doing after this surgery. I am especially curious about those that have had it 6 to 12 months ago. Are you still doing well? Or are there complications. I am quite worried about the mesh since all I read about are the tragic stories. My surgery date is coming up pretty soon and I would so appreciate a response.

Submitted Oct. 11, 2013 | flag

I am very happy with this doctor. He had a great bedside manner and was always on time. My surgery went well and I am happy with the results.

Submitted July 31, 2013 | flag

I have recently been seen by Dr. Lazare. He was suggested to me by another OB/Gyn who is a colleague. He was extemely polite, professional and likeable and I will certainly follow through with him. He explained all my options, surgical and non-surgical. I expect to have "major surgery" for a uterine prolapse and have all confidence in him. I am a gyne RN.

Submitted June 15, 2013 | flag

Seemed so pleasant and responsive to concerns.However, going to him has completely altered my life.I went for a slight uterus prolapse.He said he might need to put in a urethral sling also but would determine during surgery.I didn't need or want one and tests confirmed I didn't need one.He put one in anyway and it was too tight. I had to be cathederized for four days, remaining in hospital.He must have cinched my uterus up too tight because I've had muscle spasm since. He "overlooked" the cystocele that was mostly created during the surgery.I went to him repetitively complaining of tightness.I had infections and couldn't do anything but lay down.He said to give it time. Finally I went to another dr and he was shocked that the need for a sling was determined during surgery. He said the urethra was constricted due to sling and referred me to best specialists. More than a year later and not being able to work, finally had the sling mostly removed.Dr said it was definitely too tight.so sad.

Submitted May 30, 2013 | flag

I went to see this doctor for prolapse. In the beginning he was quite pleasant. However, when he found out I had some understanding of the problem and was interested in conservative management and not surgery, he became very rude and patronizing. He refused to discuss which kind of pessary might be best suited for a retroverted uterus and just kept repeating "a pessary will address the prolapse". Impossible to get anymore information from him than that. He explained that my cervix had descended into my vagina and when straining, it came down even farther (I already knew that.) He then declared that it was ok for me to have sex. I told him that wasn't really an option as sex was painful (part of the reason why I was consulting, the other reason was that I was having trouble emptying my bladder). He seemed surprised by this ??? I would expect a urogynecologist to be familiar with collision dyspareunia,no? I left disappointed and feeling humiliated (from his tone of voice and attitude).

Submitted March 1, 2013 | flag