Rate Dr. Darren Lazare

Dr. Darren Lazare's Ratings

I am in the process of having my problems diagnosed after having a problem with bleeding 22 years after menopause. I have a severely prolapsed uterus and am very impressed, so far, with Dr. Lazare's care and knowledge of my problems. He has a very relaxed style and helps me to be very calm and assured as to the treatment of my issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

I just had my prolapse surgery done after a long wait. Dr. Lazare's care and concern in the office and both pre and post surgery was exemplary. He listens to you and provides a thorough explanation of all that you can expect and he has a very calming disposition. Even though it was a holiday the following day, he made sure I would be able to reach him by cell if there were any concerns. I only wish his surgeries were performed in Vancouver and not Surrey simply for the convenience. The staff at Surrey Hospital were lovely though.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2615180].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

I have nothing but good things to say About Dr Darren Lazare. I saw him January 24 2014 in Vancouver. He advised me what I should be doing until my operation which was February 14 2014.This is the first time in my life being(69) after having several operations that I was able to get off my bed and walk out the front door by myself and not walk like a ****en sailor as a nurse told a person picking me up the time before. I have felt very little pain and feeling much better. My only complaint would be that I'm putting on weight which I don't really like. Will see the doctor April 9 and will ask why & the bloating. I wish that I live closer to Vancouver so that I would not have a problem getting a ride to see Dr Lazare. I would recommend Dr Lazare to anyone. His bed side manners were above & beyond what is really required of anyone in any profession. I was very pleased with him INCLUDING HIS STAFF. Thank you for their support & kindness. LK

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2357080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

I went to see Dr. Lazare as I had prolapse and a leaky bladder after having three children. I waited forever to get into his office and couldn't ever get through to his receptionist. They just don't seem to answer their phone! Initially I thought he was very nice and explained my options but seemed to be set on doing surgery and promised that it would fix my problems... What a mistake!!! I'm still leaking, almost worse than before and the repair failed. I had so much pain for months following his surgery. I understand these things can happen, but when asked why, he just became rude and had no time for me. I was so disappointed and have had to see another gynaecologist who had to fix what he had done. Required another surgery. I would never recommend going to him. He is arrogant and just doesn't care. I think he has a god complex! Very disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][392274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

Excellent doctor, very kind and compationate. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][392273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2014

Had prolapse surgery on Oct./13. Highly recommend Dr.Darren Lazare. He is very knowledgeable and he's the one to choose for pelvic floor disorders. Trust his expertise! I'm thoroughly enjoying my new health and freedom. Kudos to Dr.Lazare,his staff as well as the surgical team at Jim Pattison Out Patient Care and Surgery Centre,Surrey,BC. For me,it was a good decision. I made the right choice. Last but not least ,"Thank You Mr. Pattison for caring."

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][392267].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2013

Both my husband and I saw Dr. Lazare. He is very friendly and very patient in answering all our questions. I am scheduled to have prolaspe surgery in a few weeks. I would love to hear from any ladies who have had the surgery in the past six months or so. How are you doing?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][392272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2013

Dr. Lazar is a great doctor and I have been seeing him now for a couple of years as I continue waiting for prolapse surgery. He is very friendly, easy to talk too and is also very knowledgeable. I do have a question for other patients if that's possible. If there are ladies out there that have had mesh surgery please let me know how you are doing after this surgery. I am especially curious about those that have had it 6 to 12 months ago. Are you still doing well? Or are there complications. I am quite worried about the mesh since all I read about are the tragic stories. My surgery date is coming up pretty soon and I would so appreciate a response.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][392271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2013

I am very happy with this doctor. He had a great bedside manner and was always on time. My surgery went well and I am happy with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][392270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I have recently been seen by Dr. Lazare. He was suggested to me by another OB/Gyn who is a colleague. He was extemely polite, professional and likeable and I will certainly follow through with him. He explained all my options, surgical and non-surgical. I expect to have "major surgery" for a uterine prolapse and have all confidence in him. I am a gyne RN.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][392269].votes_count ]]