Rate Dr. Ryojo Akagami

Dr. Ryojo Akagami's Ratings

Dr. Akagami saved my mother's eyesight and possibly her life. She was facing loss of sight, and had pituitary and carotid artery involvement. Weighing the options he explained everything with great patience and care. Then he operated. Her sight has now been completely restored. It is rather miraculous - the retinal specialist is thrilled. Mum's pituitary gland is exposed again and looks unharmed, her carotid artery is no longer involved. The whole family is delighted. Dr. Akagami is an extremely skilled surgeon. He is kind, punctual and interested. We have nothing but good things to report. How fortunate we are to have had the services of Dr. Akagami.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546977].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

An excellent skilled doctor. Clearly explained expectations and outcomes. Unfortunately his secretary is rude, uncaring, abrupt and makes dealing with his office extremely unpleasant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1179968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2013

My experience with Dr.Akagami was very positive throughout pre and post op surgery. I had a large tumor on my pituitary gland which was related to a disease called acromelagy. The operation to remove the tumor was very successful. I did have a few complications after my release from hospital and Dr. Akagami was very attentive to my care. I even had phone calls at home to ensure I was progressing well! He takes time to show and explain everything. Wonderful doctor!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1179967].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

Very very very grumpy/ impolite secretory. I hope Dr Akagami takes some actions regarding his very disrespectful secretory as it is a part of his professional life as well and certainly affects people's feeling (at least mine) about himself as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1179966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Dr. Akagami was wonderful, he is so professional. He made me and my husband very confident to go ahead with the surgery because he explained everything in full detail. We appreciate his expertise. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1179965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

I can't speak to other tumours but if you have an Acoustic Neuroma and Dr. Akagami is your doctor you are in the best hands possible. I had a fairly large (2.8cm diameter) tumour surgically removed with no complications. The entire neurosurgical team at VGH was skilled, professional and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1179964].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2012

hello everyone, i am a patient of acoustic nuroma with 20mm tumor.i have been told by my current specialist that i have to go for surgery. i found Dr. Akagami is one of the best in Canada & have an appointment with him on Jan 7 2013. if anyone can help me with info realetd to my surgery if OHIP covers for the surgery in vancouver General hospital. please email me if you have any information. my email adress is signsinstaller@yahoo.ca thANks very much indeed. kevin

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1179963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2012

The only way to compare Dr Akagami with other neuro surgens is to have surgery with them.Yes, I had pituitary surgery for a very big tumor, more than once,including at Harvard(BWH).To say the least, Dr Akagami is a gift for this Country.He is amazing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1179962].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2012

Dr Akagami is an excellent technician but a terrible doctor. He could not care less about his patients. He delayed surgery causing a serious life threatening situation and permanent physical disability to my daughter. His negligence was appalling. In the hospital he was more interested in chatting up nurses than patient care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1179969].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

During the 4 years of my brain cancer journey I have met neurosurgeons in the UK, Australia and Canada. Fortunately for me. My emergency life-saving surgery came at a time when I was in Canada and DR A was on call that night. As well as being an exceptionally highly skilled Surgeon, he is humble and very much down to earth. He is by far the most likable of the many surgeons I have met. If I were to ever have to face surgery again I would hope that he could be the surgeon performing it. Thank you DR A.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1179961].votes_count ]]