Rate Dr. D.T. Ford

Dr. D.T. Ford's Ratings

I was recommended to Dr. Ford for a breast reduction in 2009 by a friend who had recently had the same procedure done. I had a consultation soon after and elected to wait until the next summer (I was in university, away from home) to have the procedure done. I would add a disclaimer that I was a very good candidate for the surgery with thick breast tissue. Dr. Ford was very up front about potential risks, scars and damage that could happen. He also told me that the surgery would not be worth having done without a side liposuction (my breasts started under my arm pit and were very large around).
After the surgery was completed I couldn't believe the amazing work he had done. One, if you are thinking about a breast reduction Dr. Ford is your guy. He is so precise and well mannered. He really knows how to create a shape that fits with your body. The one thing I was warned about was to ask to go a bit smaller than you would ideally like. I would say that this is necessary, as I still have large breasts. The scar is so minor and seamless, and now years later is hardly traceable. My nipple size is perfect and I have regained feeling in both nipples. I had zero bruising on my body after the surgery, it was absolutely incredible. To this day they look perfect.
I would note that the home care I had was spotty. I went days without having someone come and see me, and at that point my body had begun to heal around the drains. These were extremely painful to remove even though I took extreme care in cleaning them.
If you are even thinking about having a reduction completed, go and see Ford. You are in the best hands with this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2594817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

Take a good book with you, especially if you have an afternoon appointment, but it's worth the wait. Be calm, he won't rush his patients, which is a good thing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2587643].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I have chosen Excellent ratings because my doctor is very picky with his referrals. However, I won't ever know how I'd rate him because I cannot afford $3,000 to $5,000 to have saggy skin removed from my inner thighs after weight loss. It's unfortunate for me that I lost weight to get myself of gastric acid reflux and cholesterol meds. Plus it was much better for my heart, and maybe I might not get diabetes if my waistline was within normal size limits. Now I have to put weight on to fill in the saggy skin and probably endup with meds again. I wish there was a doctor somewhere that could do compassionate surgery for me. I remain depressed.....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585374].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

I underwent facelift surgery with Dr Ford several months ago. He was very detailed in his care both before and after surgery. The staff in his office were professional and accommodating. I have gained further confidence with my cleaner, refreshed appearance.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

I am currently in the process of breast/nipple reconstruction with Dr. Derek Ford. This has been a lengthy process, but as I am now truly seeing the results I wanted, I am very happy. Dr. Ford is very caring, gentle, and is very knowlegeable. I feel very comfortable in his care, and will recommend him to anyone looking for plastic surgery; whether it be elective or not. Top notch, professional care. And handsome to boot! :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527552].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2014

He received nothing more than counsel from CPSO for what you are about to read. After 15 months of reporting excruciating pain post augmentation, he finally diagnosed a tight pocket on my right side. Get this, implant's with a sandpaper like surface under the muscle, grating and causing more damage every time I moved and he won't help. After being rude and belittling me for over a year, he finally diagnosed it then have me me to pay to fix it. Next, my abdoplasty. I had a life threatening complication requiring emergency surgery, 3 units of blood and I was off work for 4+ months. The resulting scar was 2"x3" and looked like a third degree burn. Did he fix it? No!!! He terminated my care after I complained to him about my care and his and his staffs demeanor towards me. Not too mention the run around I was getting I demanded my notes and was shocked too see most were dictated after my care was terminated, his OR report dictated 10 months post-op, and most were lies. He actually falsified my notes and altered my consent to cover up for the fact he failed to do the lipo that was on my consent. The CPSO didn't seem too care. Despite providing the documentation, they just covered it up. I have paid well over $27K too fix his mess. He has a separate, single rating on here, you will need to google it, with similar concerns from another patient. He will continue to do this kind of thing and get away with it unless his behaviour is reported to the CPSO every time he does it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519746].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 30, 2014

From the very beginning to the end of breast reduction procedure, Dr. Ford and his staff were incredible. Dr. Ford is a very professional and soft spoken man who's work is as close to perfection as it gets. Very little scarring and I am only 4 weeks after surgery and both breasts appear to be very even in size. I can't thank Dr. Ford and his staff enough for making this such a positive experience in all aspects. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Ford to anyone who asks me about the procedure or indicates an interest in plastic surgery. Why settle for less when you can have the best and that is Dr. Ford!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2506290].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

Excellent experience and results following eyelid and facelift procedures. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Who can say anything bad about the handsome and talented Dr. Ford !!!! He is simply the best Plastic Surgeon. I am a RN, and very picky...after all we see the good and the bad. He is meticulous, professional, kind, calm, and need I mention this is his GIFT. I have just had a Breast Reduction, Lipo to inner thighs and hips. I, have the breasts of an 18 yr old. I had a Tummy Tuck, with Muscle Repair by Dr. Ford 8 yrs ago and I continue to have abs of steel. I have sent many patients to him and he has given them the utmost in results. I have seen Dr. Ford weekly, and he has given me the best post op care. Catherine, his assistant is also professional, kind, and frankly soothing. You will be so happy you choose him. I trust this man with my Life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2444408].votes_count ]]