Dr. Shereen Brajit Chirayilkalam

Rate Dr. Shereen Brajit Chirayilkalam

Dr. Shereen Brajit Chirayilkalam's Ratings

She is a nice doctor and very helpful, though she always behind the schedule... staff is so so, sometimes good sometimes bad, but no smile at all, don't know if this what their character is or they have been told to not smile :).... Dr herself is very very friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Dr. Shereen was my OB for my first pregnancy and ended up delivering my baby. I found her to be extremely knowledgeable, personable and professional. She is everything that I could have asked for in a doctor. I would recommend her to anyone. I found her receptionist to be not very personable some of the time, and yes, the wait is long, especially appointments near the end of the day. My suggestion is to call first to see if they are running on time. Overall, I was very happy with the care I received from Dr. Shereen.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

I didnt have her as my OB however one night at 38 weeks pregnant I was at the hospital bc of high BP. She did some exams including blood work. Came back to the room after hours of having the results (I could see her talking to nurses and having dinner) Once she decided to come see me; she gave a very vague explanation of what was happening and told me to return next day bc my OB was at the hospital and maybe wanted to induce.. Once at the hospital next day; no one had an idea of the reason why I was there...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][394791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2014

My wife had a miscarriage. We were told Dr. Shereen would be down in a few minutes to see us. Four hours later, after examining my wife, Dr. Shereen told my wife that she had made a 1pm appt for her the following day to have a D and C. My wife endured excruciating pain throughout the night. When we arrived the next day at 1pm nobody knew who we were or had expected us, so we were told to wait. No appointment had been made, despite Dr. Shereen's promise, and since I had to stay at home with our son, my wife had to wait alone and in pain with profuse bleeding for 12 hours before she got her d and c. I called Shereen's office the next day to complain and spoke with her receptionist. The receptionist assured me she would discuss the matter with Dr. Shereen and call us back. That was over a month ago and we have yet to receive any explanation or apology. We will never return to Ajax hospital, and we will never trust or recommend Dr. Shereen to any of our friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][394790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2014

I had her when she was filling in for Dr. Eltayeb in Ajax. That was my first pregnancy and she was great! Very helpful, calming, and knowledgeable. She always made me feel at ease. The only downside was that I was in the waiting room for up to 2 hours each time, and only in the actual room for about 10 minutes (5 of those minutes were waiting for her)! That was fine for my first pregnancy because I didn't have a toddler running around, but not acceptable for a second pregnancy or for people who can't afford to take off work. All in all a really good, helpful Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][394789].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2013

I did not see Dr. Shereen for a pregnancy, but rather for other gynecological issues. Dr. Shereen has a great bedside manner and offered very detailed health teaching and explanation of all tests to be done. She has a very calm and reassuring personality and I instantly felt at ease. She was a little behind schedule (only 15 mins or so), however, her punctuality was far better than many other doctors I've seen. Her office staff were polite and courteous. The only constructive feedback I'd offer is that her office hours are posted as 9am-5pm; but when I arrived at 10:00 (admittedly a little early), the office door remained locked until 10:30am. I'm not sure if this is because she does not start seeing patients until 10:30, but I did have to wait in the hallway until they opened the doors at 10:30. Overall, though,I don't see drs for their office policies, am more concerned with their care and I feel that Dr. Shereen's care was great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][394788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

she sucks..... doesn't care about long waiting ... she cancels appointments... reschedules months later... doesn't care that we wait for a long time... we are human not machines....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][394787].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Dr. Shereen was wonderful!! She's so knowledgeable and personable. I never felt apprehensive and could ask her about anything! She really cares about each patient and doesn't rush you through appointments. She even gave me and my husband hugs after she delivered our baby boy. She helped to make our pregnancy a pleasant one. Will go back to her for future pregnancies...no doubt about it. OH, and the wait times at her office are not bad at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][394786].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2012

I love Dr Shereen. She made me feel so comfortable being pregnant with my first baby. She answers any questions you have and is so friendly and very knowledgable. I never felt rushed even though I had to wait on average 1.5 hours for my appointment. Receptionist is a little rude but I will go back to her whenever i am pregnant again:)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][394785].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2012

Very nice doctor and her receptionists are very helpful. Especially Joanne she always knows how to re asure me even when I constantly phone her durning the day she always get back to me when the dr is in the office. This was my first pregnancy and I am very grateful for all the encouraging words and help from you all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][394784].votes_count ]]