Dr. Shereen Brajit Chirayilkalam

Rate Dr. Shereen Brajit Chirayilkalam

Dr. Shereen Brajit Chirayilkalam's Ratings

Dr. Shireen is a very kind and knowledgeable doctor, she keeps you very informed. It takes quite some time to get an appointment so be prepared to put up with excruciating pain until you can see her. The receptionist is rude, unfriendly, and unwelcoming. Shes not an approachable person, and makes the visit quite awkward and uncomfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2691577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

Still waiting on results from a bunch of blood work that was completed several months ago following the loss of my baby to an unexplained stillbirth. Felt like I was left in the dark and there was no follow-up what so ever. It is not a very comforting feeling after enduring such a traumatic experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

Receptionists never pass on messages to Dr. Shereen, making her absolutely impossible to get a hold of. She recently has gone on vacation for 1 month, without acknowledging any of her patients, or leaving a date of return on her voicemail. After waiting already 5 weeks for critical test results (which should have taken a maximum of 3), and hearing she won't be back to give me my results for another 2 weeks, is absolutely unprofessional and unacceptable. Her receptionists are extremely rude and argumentative. She can expect me to transfer to a new GYN clinic. I advise others to do the same.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2671955].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Great doctor, but her secretary is rude and completely unhelpful. As a result, I am switching doctors.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2661669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 23, 2014

She is great at being thorough, knowledgeable and kind. If only she could replace her one secretary Joanne who is rather mean, argumentative, interruptive, inconsiderate and lacks compassion. It doesn't have to be an outright replacement maybe just some soft skills coaching. It is really keeping her practice from being #1 in Durham by far.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2634306].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I have found Dr. Shereen to be very helpful and knowledgable however on the matter of her staff she refuses to accept that the one receptionist is a nightmare to deal with. The receptionist is a abrupt rude and treats you like you are beneath her dignity. I have seriously considered finding another Dr for this reason alone.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2634261].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

Only problem I have with this doctor is her receptionist who treats you like you're at customs. That said... She is an AMAZING doctor! Could not ask for a more caring, reasonable and informative person. She explains every and breaks down every medical situation thoroughly. Her opinions are to be followed and doesn't let you worry. I'm glad I had her for my first pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2628716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

She is a nice doctor and very helpful, though she always behind the schedule... staff is so so, sometimes good sometimes bad, but no smile at all, don't know if this what their character is or they have been told to not smile :).... Dr herself is very very friendly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2549809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Dr. Shereen was my OB for my first pregnancy and ended up delivering my baby. I found her to be extremely knowledgeable, personable and professional. She is everything that I could have asked for in a doctor. I would recommend her to anyone. I found her receptionist to be not very personable some of the time, and yes, the wait is long, especially appointments near the end of the day. My suggestion is to call first to see if they are running on time. Overall, I was very happy with the care I received from Dr. Shereen.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2542940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

I didnt have her as my OB however one night at 38 weeks pregnant I was at the hospital bc of high BP. She did some exams including blood work. Came back to the room after hours of having the results (I could see her talking to nurses and having dinner) Once she decided to come see me; she gave a very vague explanation of what was happening and told me to return next day bc my OB was at the hospital and maybe wanted to induce.. Once at the hospital next day; no one had an idea of the reason why I was there...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][394791].votes_count ]]