Dr. Shereen Brajit Chirayilkalam

Rate Dr. Shereen Brajit Chirayilkalam

Dr. Shereen Brajit Chirayilkalam's Ratings

She is great at being thorough, knowledgeable and kind. If only she could replace her one secretary Joanne who is rather mean, argumentative, interruptive, inconsiderate and lacks compassion. It doesn't have to be an outright replacement maybe just some soft skills coaching. It is really keeping her practice from being #1 in Durham by far.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2634306].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I have found Dr. Shereen to be very helpful and knowledgable however on the matter of her staff she refuses to accept that the one receptionist is a nightmare to deal with. The receptionist is a abrupt rude and treats you like you are beneath her dignity. I have seriously considered finding another Dr for this reason alone.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2634261].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

Only problem I have with this doctor is her receptionist who treats you like you're at customs. That said... She is an AMAZING doctor! Could not ask for a more caring, reasonable and informative person. She explains every and breaks down every medical situation thoroughly. Her opinions are to be followed and doesn't let you worry. I'm glad I had her for my first pregnancy.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2628716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

She is a nice doctor and very helpful, though she always behind the schedule... staff is so so, sometimes good sometimes bad, but no smile at all, don't know if this what their character is or they have been told to not smile :).... Dr herself is very very friendly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2549809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Dr. Shereen was my OB for my first pregnancy and ended up delivering my baby. I found her to be extremely knowledgeable, personable and professional. She is everything that I could have asked for in a doctor. I would recommend her to anyone. I found her receptionist to be not very personable some of the time, and yes, the wait is long, especially appointments near the end of the day. My suggestion is to call first to see if they are running on time. Overall, I was very happy with the care I received from Dr. Shereen.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2542940].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

I didnt have her as my OB however one night at 38 weeks pregnant I was at the hospital bc of high BP. She did some exams including blood work. Came back to the room after hours of having the results (I could see her talking to nurses and having dinner) Once she decided to come see me; she gave a very vague explanation of what was happening and told me to return next day bc my OB was at the hospital and maybe wanted to induce.. Once at the hospital next day; no one had an idea of the reason why I was there...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][394791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2014

My wife had a miscarriage. We were told Dr. Shereen would be down in a few minutes to see us. Four hours later, after examining my wife, Dr. Shereen told my wife that she had made a 1pm appt for her the following day to have a D and C. My wife endured excruciating pain throughout the night. When we arrived the next day at 1pm nobody knew who we were or had expected us, so we were told to wait. No appointment had been made, despite Dr. Shereen's promise, and since I had to stay at home with our son, my wife had to wait alone and in pain with profuse bleeding for 12 hours before she got her d and c. I called Shereen's office the next day to complain and spoke with her receptionist. The receptionist assured me she would discuss the matter with Dr. Shereen and call us back. That was over a month ago and we have yet to receive any explanation or apology. We will never return to Ajax hospital, and we will never trust or recommend Dr. Shereen to any of our friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][394790].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2014

I had her when she was filling in for Dr. Eltayeb in Ajax. That was my first pregnancy and she was great! Very helpful, calming, and knowledgeable. She always made me feel at ease. The only downside was that I was in the waiting room for up to 2 hours each time, and only in the actual room for about 10 minutes (5 of those minutes were waiting for her)! That was fine for my first pregnancy because I didn't have a toddler running around, but not acceptable for a second pregnancy or for people who can't afford to take off work. All in all a really good, helpful Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][394789].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2013

I did not see Dr. Shereen for a pregnancy, but rather for other gynecological issues. Dr. Shereen has a great bedside manner and offered very detailed health teaching and explanation of all tests to be done. She has a very calm and reassuring personality and I instantly felt at ease. She was a little behind schedule (only 15 mins or so), however, her punctuality was far better than many other doctors I've seen. Her office staff were polite and courteous. The only constructive feedback I'd offer is that her office hours are posted as 9am-5pm; but when I arrived at 10:00 (admittedly a little early), the office door remained locked until 10:30am. I'm not sure if this is because she does not start seeing patients until 10:30, but I did have to wait in the hallway until they opened the doors at 10:30. Overall, though,I don't see drs for their office policies, am more concerned with their care and I feel that Dr. Shereen's care was great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][394788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

she sucks..... doesn't care about long waiting ... she cancels appointments... reschedules months later... doesn't care that we wait for a long time... we are human not machines....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][394787].votes_count ]]