Dr. Kenneth W. Healey

Grad. Year: 1981

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 28/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 2.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Kenneth W. Healey has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5425243

25/04/14 1 1 1 2 Worse office Ever! After finding out I was pregnant, exciting because I am a new mom carrying my first child, I scheduled my appt with Arista Obgyn. They were the only office that could see me next day (because clearly no one booked appts. after meeting his horrible staff.) the doctor was unhelpful and in knowledgeable about how far along I was. the office would not give me any paperwork confirming my pregnancy. And they billed me for tests I hadn't been administered. And when calling to see if my bill could be fixed, the rude woman told me that she had done the billing herself and it was right! They overcharged me almost $80. I might send her a calculator for simple math. I called back this morning to see if my records had been Reviewed. She told me Dr. Healey did it yesterday. After asking if they had been released she became hostil and yelled that she had already answered me. In my experience Reviewed and Released are different words with different meanings. I do not recommend them  Respond
RID: 5318142
30/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Healey has been my OBGYN for about 15 years I noticed some negative reviews on this site and wanted to set the record straight. In July 2006, I was diagnosed with Stage I I Breast Cancer. I had had the biopsy and got the results from the hospital on a late Friday afternoon. Not knowing, Dr. Healey went to the office over a holiday weekend to tell me about the results so I would not have to wait. He is/was very sympathetic. I think he is the best ever!! Also, while young, I think his staff is VERY professional and personable. I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes to be seen. He is a good doctor and I have had the worst. If you don't care for the staff let HIM know.
Insurance: Coventry
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 3611962
21/11/13 1 1 1 1 Misdiagnosed with cervical cancer, by Dr.Healey. He said he could see it during the exam, and took a biopsy. He then explained the next steps,and gave me an information packet. After a week of worrying and crying, they called back with the biopsy results. NO, I did not have cervical cancer, and everything was fine. Later that day I called to express my feelings of how I felt and to ask why a doctor would say something like that without knowing for sure, and that I was upset. The receptionist was rude and said maybe three times and why are you upset. When I replied back, "I was told I have cancer, when I do not!I've been worried for a week, along with my family. Do you not understand why I would be upset?" I expected some sort of an apology, but instead I was told by her she had a college degree and then I was called a b**ch, and was hung up on. I have never experienced anything like this before. I wish I would have read the reviews before ever entering this office. They should be shut down!!!  Respond
RID: 2858914
16/09/13 1 1 1 2 Doctor and staff are lackluster at best. My wife had a complication in pregnancy, and getting any needed information is like pulling teeth. We decided to switch doctors, and they said they would not release records for 30 days. Now she is 7.5 months pregnant and can't get treatment for a month. Not fair that they try and play games when there are possible health issues at risk. I would not recommend anyone using this doctor for your own health and safety.
RID: 2857956

16/09/13 1 1 1 1 I was shocked by the unprofessionalism of Dr. Healey and his staff. The staff is unfriendly and disorganized, Dr. Healey is unable to answer or satisfactorily explain the simplest of questions. I asked that my care be transferred to another practice (something that seems to be quite common for them judging by the manner in which they received this request) and have been told that my records will not be released for 30 days (which is law - common practice being 5 days or less). Would NOT recommend this practice to anyone.
RID: 2610813
08/04/13 4 4 5 5 Dr.Healy has done surgery on my left ovary and removal of the fallopion tubes. I am grateful, although I don't think I was ready to come off of medications when I did I think he was great and took great care of me. I think that we should give him and his staff the credit they deserve instead of bad experiences. The team saved my life and create lives of many unborn cildren. The fact of the matter is the man is going to do what is best instead of what you want. He has been in practice enough to know the in and outs of gynocological conditions and treatments. Females tend to use these parts of their bodies to get pain meds and he is hip to that behavior. So if you have something wrong with you, truley I recommend this doctor for your female problems and child bearing experiences. This was a great experience for me and even with complications of the recovery the issues were handled properly. Thank You arista ObGyN.............Sincerly,CHASTITY STATON
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1703235

02/02/12 3 3 1 1 dr. healy is a horrible doctor. he is rude and very inconsiderate. i went in after taking a home pregnancy test (it was positive) and he did an ultrasound. he told me i wasn't pregnant and the home test must have been wrong. he was very rude about it and i left his office crying. i went to a different doctor the next day and they did an ultrasound and i was definitely pregnant. 10 weeks and 3 days to be exact. i truly believe this doctor needs a new career.
RID: 1113345
23/02/10 4 4 4 4 I have been going to Dr. Healey for over 6 years. Dr. Healey and his staff have seen me through a miscarriage followed by a DNC and the healthy birth of my son. During my son's pregancy I was a nervous wreck and the nursing staff were always nice and helpful with any calls of concerns or questions I had. Dr. Healey was very aware of my fears of losing this pregancy and took great care to ease my fears, and was very nice when he would get a call at 2am when I went into early labor at 30wks. I ended up having to be induced when I began to bleed in my 36wk and Dr. Healey's knowledge and care allowed me to deliver a healthy baby boy. All the nurses have always been helpful and nice and I enjoy Dr. Healey's years of experience instead of a dr. who only goes by the book. I would recommend him to anyone.
RID: 900791
30/05/09 5 4 3 3 The medical staff was more helpful taht the physcian. The dr's wife is the billing dept, she is rude and uneducated about billing. She sends you bills that look like a child wrote them. The office is filthy. It looks like a cluttered mess.
RID: 688721
22/09/08 1 4 2 3 Nurse very rude and disrepectful, She didn't look at my chart to find out why I was there to have an ultrasound but proceeded to tell me that I was there on the wrong day for a follicular check. I was there for a repeat ultrasound to follow up on cysts that were found on my ovaries. Also, she didn't use gloves while preparing transvaginal ultrasound. When I asked about her using gloves she got smart left the room and came back carrying a trash bag and a pair of gloves. After putting trash bag in trash can, wiping off the ultrasound, the nurse began to put on the gloves which she had been holding the entire time. I got up and started to gather my things and she stated that she was doing it the way that I wanted. I pointed out that she had not washed her hands, she said she did wash them before she came into the room. That told me that she didn't know proper procedure to use gloves to protect patients from unwanted bacteria. I left the office and I am currently looking for a new OBGYN.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 510141
10/02/08 1 1 2 3 I had been using this doctor and his staff for about 9 years. I went in for an annual exam and was pregnant at the time and was unaware of it. I left the office with a birth control perscription and found out a month and a half later I was pregnant. I was 3 months along. I was apauled at the thought of them "not knowing" I was caring a child when I was given a urine test. I still used this staff and 3 years later they told me during an annual exam that my urine test came back positive for pregnancy. My husband and I had been trying so we were very excited. They took my blood and 3 days later told me I wasnt. I was dumbfounded and wanted to know what was really going on there. Everytime i called for an appoitment the staff was rude or rarely smiled or acknowledged me when in the office. I had been a "regular" for years along with my family, and I couldnt even get a smile or small talk. A year later I am once again pregnant and found a reliable doctors office to go to for my pregnancy.
RID: 271106
10/04/07 4 4 2 I have been going to this ob/gyn for about 10 years. I am now 5 months pregnant. At one appointment Dr. Healy suggested I schedule an inducement. He also made this comment to a pregnant friend of mine. He obviously does not know the risk to such a procedure. I am sure he wanted this to make things more convenient for his schedule. I requested a health info release form from his office and was promptly sent a letter from Dr. Healey stating he was resigning as my DR.!! I have never had any negative interactions with Dr. Healey or any one on his staff to prompt this resignation. I had not even requested a transfer of my records. Mind you I am almost 6 months pregnant with my first child and can not believe the total abandonment of the the Dr. I was expecting to deliver my baby. I am stunned at the lack of professionalism and consideration for my health and that of my baby's.
Insurance: United Healthcare