Rate Dr. David W. Hampe

Dr. David W. Hampe's Ratings

I am about to have a third surgery by Dr. Hampe and I would never even consider going to anyone else. He and Robin are the kindest, most caring, efficient and professional team I've ever worked with. They sincerely and authentically care about their patients - body, mind and soul. They may not answer the every incoming call but this is because they are with the patients that are in the office, given them their undivided attention. I much prefer to leave a voice mail and/or exchange details via email knowing I will receive the very best medical care once I am there in person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2489164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

Dr Hampe is great. I would recommend him to anyone. I will never change doctors. He is very informative and knowledgable. He spent 2 hours talking to my husband and I when I found out I had cancer. He explained everything and answered all my questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2106200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2011

It would be helpful if they would answer the phone? It hard to make an appointment and can't get anyone on the phone..not a good sign. No matter how good you are..answering the phone is just a basic function

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2106199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2011

I met with a couple of breast surgeons after learning I had breast cancer. I chose Dr. Hampe. He spent at least 45 minutes with my husband and I, going over my reports, explaining everything he would recommend, what I would experience, what the outcomes might be, answered every question and showed compassion at my overwhelming and panic feelings. He is gentle, soft-spoken, and also a very precise surgeon. I had a lumpectomy and 3 nodes removed, and was stage I. My scar was small and Dr. Hampe got all the cancer with clear margins right away. Robin runs his office and does a good job. She has always been kind and considerate for all my appointments. I like their caring attitude toward patients. You always feel they are wanting you to feel comfortable and confident and are pleased about the good results I've had on subsequent mammograms and check ups.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2106198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2011

Dr. Hampe and his wife Robin are the most caring professionals when it comes to the health care industry. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer I based my decision on referrals from my Oncologist and OBGYN. It was truly the Lords work because I call him my savior here on earth. He is the most considerate and gentle doctor that I have ever come in contact with. It was such a frightening time in my life but once I met with him and interacted with he and Robin, I knew that I was in the best of hands. I have had followup visits each year since my surgery and there's never been a difference in Dr. Hampe's or Robins concern for me and my health since the first visit. He is so thorough and so kind in his procedure's as well as your overall life concerns. I sure wish that I had known about him when my mother was diagnosed and was treated in Indiana. Seeing what I saw her go through and comparing it my experience was proof enough that because of Dr. Hampe I was truly blessed.He is the greatest

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2106197].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Dr hampe and his wife are the most amazing ppl I have ever met, kind, efficient,knowledgable

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2106196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

I would like to share that my mom and I discovered a lump on the outside of her breast in April, I immediately contacted Dr. Hampe's office and we were scheduled to come in. Dr. Hampe did the testing and discovered that it was cancerous and she would need to have a masectomy. Dr. Hampe and his wife Robin were great to help us through the process of the surgery and afterwards. They really made my mom and I feel comfortable assuring us that we were in good hands. My mom truly has a testimony and is blessed because she did not have to have any chemotherapy or radiation and there wasn't any other signs of cancer found in her body. I truly thank God for Dr. Hampe and his wife Robin. If you are looking for a real compassionate, sensitive and caring doctor I strongly recommend Dr. Hampe. Thank you Dr. Hampe you have meant more to my mom and I then you will ever know. My mom is a cancer survivor!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2106195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2010

Dr. Hampe is a kind, compassionate and knowledgeable professional. He is gentle in his approach and from my consultation to surgery (two actually) his demeanor never waivered. He even prayed with me before my surgery and spent a significant amount of time with my family explaining my case, medical terminology and prognosis. Although there was a reporting issue with lab test, Dr. Hampe quickly corrected the error by calling me directly to convey the information. I also appreciated the fact that he would often ask me "What are you thinking?" or "How are you doing/feeling?" It was his way of checking in to so that he could address any concerns that I may have been harboring. I am now considering a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction and I would certainly feel confident in his care once again. I highly recommend Dr. Hampe.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2106194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2010

David Hampe is an amazing doctor!!! I wouldn't go with any other doctor to treat my breast cancer. He is very professional and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2106193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2009

I am younger than the patients generally seen by Dr. Hampe, and was incredibly frightened to be placed in the situation of needing tests on a breast lump. Dr. Hampe, as well as his wife, were kind, considerate, and did not try to treat me with kid gloves regardless of my age. The facility was fantastic, and being able to get a scan done on site was an amazing. The initial exam was brief, but did not feel hurried. If I could recommend this doctor to everyone I would.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2106192].votes_count ]]