Rate Dr. David Maberley

Dr. David Maberley's Ratings

Dr David Maberley restored the sight in my eye by repairing my retina and I have complete confidence in his skills. He was highly referred to me by a retinal specialist in the USA and I am thankful for this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2357524].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

Dr Maberley is very knowledgeable as he detected a smaller tear on my retina and immediately performed laser treatment. Followed up in 2 weeks and found another small tear elsewhere in the same eye. Again, I had the laser treatment immediately and no futher problem when I went back 2 weeks later for a checkup. He is friendly and works very efficiently. I highly recommend him to have your eyes looked after.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2013

I first saw Dr. Maberley about 5 years ago for a retinal repair. I was slow realizing what my eye problem was, so by the time he saw me, my retina was almost fully detached and torn through the macula. He was able to fint me in to his surgery schedule on very short notice, and was able to re-attach my retina and laser it in place. It took one more surgery to remove some liquid from behind my retina and get it smoothed out. Initially there were significant anomalies in my visual field, but in time they have improved to the point where I can read with the affected eye as lonf as the type size is 12 or greater. I woould have been blind in that eye if not fro skill of Dr. Maberley. Now I have suffered a similar event in my other eye. Thanks to quick surgery, and the fact that Dr. Maberley had previously lasered the retina in this eye, I did not suffer a detachment this time, only some tearing as my vitreous pulled away. This he has repaired, and I expect full recovery. Thank you Dr. Dave!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][397313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2012

Dave got in us right away for emergency go the problem solved thank you so much he the best :):):):)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2011

Excellent surgeon and great manner. Thank you Dr. Maberley!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

He literally saved my life. I had migraine headaches and blurred/failing vision for 6 months that my family doctor said was aging related (I was age 42) routine migraines. I got myself to Maberly and within 10 minutes of him looking in my eyes at the optic nerve and listening to the symptoms I was diagnosed with a very rare near fatal brain blood clot which was confirmed later that day with a rush CT scan. Original prognosis was potential imminent death, but prompt emergency treatment and ongoing drugs to this day have saved my life. That is the benefit of experts.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][397310].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2011

Dr Maberley was in my Thanksgiving prayers; the highest compliment I could pay him. He is very caring, understanding, knowledgeable and has the best "bedside" manner I've encountered. I first saw him on July 12 with a severely detached retina, had surgery on the 13th (1 1/2 hrs on the table) and was totally freaked out but I thankfully he was able to restore my sight and it is improving week by week. All of this happened after cateract surgery which was suppose to improve my vision so before going down that road I would recommend to everyone that they know the facts. The rating of 4 for punctuality is not to be considered as a negative as he is a very busy man and always takes the time to fit in emergencies (as I was) and give his patients his undivided attention. I would highly recommend him and say that he is "the best".

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2010

Went to see Dr Maberley for a second opinion as i was set to go for surgery.Was advice not to do the surgery.Was fully explained why the surgery would permanently damage my eye sight. Have been under his care for 2 months and feel he takes the time to fully explain my eye health. Ended up needing emergency surgery for retina surgery and he was able to get me in one day and his follow up so far has been excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397308].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2010

Vast knowledge, very personable. This doctor is run off his feat and still takes the time needed to explain results and procedures and lets you decide what you are most comfortable with. A rare breed in the specialists field. Highest reccomendation A++++

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397307].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2010

Dr. Maberley is an incredible retinal specialist. He is very caring and really goes out of his way to explain test results and surgical procedures. His people skills and medical knowledge are superb

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397306].votes_count ]]