Rate Dr. B Sonnenberg

Dr. B Sonnenberg's Ratings

I am a long term cardiac patient at the U of A. Dr. Sonnet berg is fantastic. He was in charge of a significant cardiac test I had last week and the 5 member team administering the test worked extremely well together. I had very low stress compared to another time I had this test.
His manner is calm and kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2487411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

Received no solution to problem, he was late, did not look up blood work, echo cardiogram,neuological or any other test results. Did not explain answers to questions in a manner that was reasonable or understandable.Dealing with the heart--the only solution was to eat more salt to raise blood pressure which was in a low but acceptabble range.Made unsettling face contortions that I, as an observer and support person(mother) could readily observe.I have observed many cardiologists as my husband has had heart problems for 21 years---but have never encountered this type of disregard and lack of concern. Gave only one suggestion---: see an orthopedic doctor......???

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397441].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2013

I've had the pleasure of having dr sonnenberg as my cardioligist for ten years he is truly caring and understanding of any concerns or questions you may have never felt rushed i got very lucky to have him as my doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2011

Truly outstanding and thorough. Exhibits humanity and humility.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397439].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2011

I have seen Sonnenberg several times over the past several years. I have nothing but great things to say about him. I ask many many questions. He never rushes me and answers with details. He will back his patients up if he disagrees with another doctor's diagnosis.I was once admitted to the hospital and so was under the care of the cardiolgist that was scheduled for that week. He still came down to my room several times to check on me and get updates from me how I was feeling. He does not "guess" diagnosis's. He always has proof to back up his diagnosis. He is very compassionate and understanding. I have seen him in action training students and they seem to think very highly of him. I have spoken with numerous nurses and other hospital staff and they have all confirmed that he is the best to have. I would definitely recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397438].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

Dr. Sonnenberg recently attended to me at the ER. As a cardiologist, he was the most caring, understanding and compassionate doctor I have ever met. He was so respectful of me as a patient, patiently answered my numerous questions. His beside manner was excellent-I would rate him with a 10 if the scale went that high. He is a shining example to his profession It is clear he truly values and respects patients!! Even the nurses raved about his excellence and compassion!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2010

Very knowledgeable and able to explain things well. Appreciate that he takes time to help train new doctors

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][397436].votes_count ]]