Dr. Janet Ellsworth

Dr. Janet Ellsworth

Rate Dr. Janet Ellsworth

Dr. Janet Ellsworth's Ratings

She lacks professionalism and compassion. She also refuses to acknowledge new and current studies within Canadian medical organizations. When we were discussing other treatment options, she didn't like what we had to say and she walked out mid-appointment. Her behaviour seems to go against the Canadian Medical Association's code of ethics. Fortunately, Edmonton will soon have possibly two new Pediatric Rheumatologists giving caregivers other options other than travelling to Calgary Children's Hospital.

Submitted April 25, 2014 | flag

Excellent doctor. She has taken care of my daughter for many years now and I know she has her best interest at heart. However her nurse is not helpful at all and I believe she is just putting her time in to retirement. She doesn't greet my child and when I tried to compliment her on something she seemed rather annoyed. I need to take an ativan before my appointments in order to put up with the nurse but after I pass her and see the rest they are like family now.

Submitted June 19, 2013 | flag

Wasted our time seeing her. Without even seeing her, prescribed a high dose of steroids (that did NOT work), then sent us home. When issues arose with the meds she denied that it could possibly be the medication causing the issues. She passed off my child's pain as 'normal'. Refused to admit that our concerns were valid and had no compassion what so ever. We're no wiser after seeing her, but the condition remains.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2013 | flag

I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Juvenile Arthritis when I was 2 and I am now 18. She is the best doctor I have had and I would gladly recommend her. She is very knowledgable and friendly. She always does what is best for the patient. I feel like over the years I have developed a personal relationship with her as well as her physical therapist. I am sad that I have to leave her now that I am 18 but I am happy for the 16 years I have seen her and how much she has helped me. I 100% recommend her if you have a child who may be suffering from Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2012 | flag

AMAZING!! i have hated doctors my whole life, but Dr.Ellsworth has totally changed my perspective on them. She is like my auntie now :)

Submitted Aug. 20, 2012 | flag

Excellent Dr. Great patient care and acceptional bed side manner. Makes the child feel very very comfortable.

Submitted May 3, 2010 | flag

My daughter and I feel like Dr. Ellsworth saved our lives. My daughter was diagnosed by Dr. Ellsworth with JRA just under the age of 2. She is now almost 9. In those 7 years Dr. Ellsworth has managed to turn my daughter's life around. She went from barely walking to playing floor hockey and running in a track meet last week. Her staff is all knowledgeable and there to help every step of the way. As for being punctual, I have never met a doctor as punctual as this lady. In short, she's amazing!!!

Submitted June 4, 2009 | flag

We love Dr Ellsworth. Although s he had no file when we first saw her she took the time to get the info she needed. We thought she was amazing! She fought to get meds for us on compassion. when others wouldnt listen, it wasnt good. She listened believed and suppported what we are doing!

Submitted Feb. 10, 2009 | flag

I had Dr. Ellsworth is my pediatric Rheumatologist growing up. It is because of her that I am able to do what I do today. Her aggressive but sensitive approach is both a comfort and a necessity. I can not stress how wonderful this woman is!! She makes children feel at ease and does the same for the parents. I owe my ability to function at a normal capacity to her. I will forever be greatful that I had her as a doc!! Since having to leave her care at the age of eighteen I have yet to find a doctor that is as good as her. I have gone through three more rheumatologistst. It is frustrating to know that after one leaves Doctor Ellsworths care they will be saddened to find the care of other doctors lacking. She raises the bar for every rheumatologist out there!!

Submitted Jan. 30, 2008 | flag

She is the best Pediatric Rheumatologist there is. She offers information, advise, answers emails (only the best doctor is the world would do this!). Also, I had an issue finding a neurologist who would take my son due to his rare condition, she assisted me in finding another excellent specialist for him. He was not even her patient, my two daughters are the ones with arthritis, Dr. Ellsworth just helped out! And in her speciality, she is very knowledgeable, up on new med's, and weighs out pros and cons before offering her advise for treatment plan.

Submitted April 10, 2007 | flag