Rate Dr. Avery S. Katz

Dr. Avery S. Katz's Ratings

The group has changed and the staff isn't as good as they used to be. But if I have a neurological problem,there is no one better to diagnose and to treat than Dr. Katz. I'd refer anyone to him but if you're looking for a warm and fuzzy bedside manner, maybe you should look elsewhere. I'd rather see a good doctor who can take excellent care than anything else. I recommend him totally.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1181779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

Rude staff. Long wait. Phone calls not returned. Dr still could not pronounce my name correctly after 5 yrs

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1181778].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Staff never returns phone calls. You have to request prescriptions to be called in to your pharmacy over and over again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1181777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

Katz is a very thorough doctor. I feel he listens, informs me of all my options, and offers alternatives to medications whenever possible, before prescribing medications to me. I have been to quite a few neurologists before finding Katz. He is extremely knowledgeable and a great listener. If he is not available there is another doctor in his group. In the past I had 2 different emergencies where I had to use the answering service and either him or the other doctor (whoever was on call at the time) always returned a call to me extremely quickly. The staff is great too. The Neurology Group also networks with other great doctors. Everyone Katz has referred me to thus far for specific testing has been great doctors. Nowadays it seems hard to find a great doctor. This is one great doctor. I highly recommend him. I cannot say anything negative about him, the staff or the other doctor in the group.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1181776].votes_count ]]