Rate Dr. Avery S. Katz

Dr. Avery S. Katz's Ratings

Dr. Katz is a decent neurologist. His office staff however, is HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE AND HORRIBLE. You tell them to call you at a particular number and instead, spend the day calling, hanging up and then leaving a voicemail. Two seconds later, they call any alternate number you have on file. They cancelled an appointment on me due to an emergency he had (which is fine because it wasn't that big a deal) and spent the entire day calling the alternate, ahem, EMERGENCY contact number and providing an acquaintance which happened to be an emergency contact for that one doctor with personal, sensitive and private information. You write letters and tell them on the phone not to contact your emergency numbers and they do it anyway. They are the worst. I have now decided to change doctors because of his ridiculous staff. DON'T GO TO THIS DOCTOR IF YOU VALUE YOUR PRIVACY! Never in my life have I ever had a doctor's staff calling everyone and their shadow and providing them with HIPAA protected information of a patient. His staff needs soft skill and people skill training. I don't know where they got their Medical Assistant license from -maybe the cracker jack box. I know unskilled people with a better demeanor, sensibility and attitude. I tell EVERYONE I know my experience so they can STAY AWAY from this office.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2667608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

The group has changed and the staff isn't as good as they used to be. But if I have a neurological problem,there is no one better to diagnose and to treat than Dr. Katz. I'd refer anyone to him but if you're looking for a warm and fuzzy bedside manner, maybe you should look elsewhere. I'd rather see a good doctor who can take excellent care than anything else. I recommend him totally.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1181779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

Rude staff. Long wait. Phone calls not returned. Dr still could not pronounce my name correctly after 5 yrs

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1181778].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

Staff never returns phone calls. You have to request prescriptions to be called in to your pharmacy over and over again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1181777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

Katz is a very thorough doctor. I feel he listens, informs me of all my options, and offers alternatives to medications whenever possible, before prescribing medications to me. I have been to quite a few neurologists before finding Katz. He is extremely knowledgeable and a great listener. If he is not available there is another doctor in his group. In the past I had 2 different emergencies where I had to use the answering service and either him or the other doctor (whoever was on call at the time) always returned a call to me extremely quickly. The staff is great too. The Neurology Group also networks with other great doctors. Everyone Katz has referred me to thus far for specific testing has been great doctors. Nowadays it seems hard to find a great doctor. This is one great doctor. I highly recommend him. I cannot say anything negative about him, the staff or the other doctor in the group.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1181776].votes_count ]]