Rate Dr. Keli Furman

Dr. Keli Furman's Ratings

As a peace officer it is very difficult to get help for PTSD, Dr. Furman was able to grab hold of me and help me climb back up to where my life was no longer in danger. Saved Me, Saved My Marriage. Only go to see her if you want help because she will call you on any off compass idealology in a heart beat. If you are in law enforcement and need help go see Keli. KTR

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2723816].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 16, 2015

Dr. Keli saved my life basically. She assessed and treated a Veteran with PTSD/severe depression. Her approach is always forward thinking and rehabilitating. She picked me up, dusted me off and gave me the skills to survive. 10 out of 10

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2609249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2014

I saw Dr. Furman for a work related car accident. I was having nightmares related to the accident, fearful of driving at night and having intense anxiety triggered by oncoming headlights. Dr. Furman used EMDR to treat me and I was amazed at how quickly the treatment worked. I found Dr. Furman to be very kind and compassionate. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a competent psychologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2357585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

I have had the pleasure of knowing Dr. Keli Furman for approximately 20 years. She is an extremely effective, caring mental health professional who has greatly assisted me and countless other emergency services personnel for several years. I am an RCMP member who gladly assisted Dr. Furman in several critical incident stress debriefings (CISD). She has also successfully treated my PTSD and other acute life issues - and in short order! I have always appreciated her very direct, empowering approach. You have a real fighting chance with her expertise, talent and compassion. Dr. Furman is especially effective with her EMDR treatments. It has been so rewarding for me to have received numerous 'thank-you's from the several police personnel and others whom I have recommended to her during the past two decades. All I can say is THANK YOU, Keli !! Thank you for going out of your way or me many times. You are an amazing psychologist and person. DKL

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][398168].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2014

I saw Ms. Furman in 2007, as an RCMP officer. My sessions with Ms. Furman were surprisingly easy. Sadly, it was for all the wrong reasons. Ms. Furman seems to have "new age" beliefs recommending pseudo-science movies and that I leave my issues up to "Karma." At the end of sessions, Ms Furman conducted EMDR "therapy." There may be a foundation to EMDR, but given how Ms. Furman conducted it, there was no lasting benefit. Specifically, Ms. Furman made me hold a teddy bear for this. As a grown-up, this was humiliating. I objected to this and was embarrassed but Ms. Furman made light of it saying, "it's a prop." I went along with it. My last session with Ms. Furman was with her proclaiming, "you're cured." I'm guessing that my benefits running out, may have contributed to diagnosis. In 2011, I submitted a complaint to the Alberta College of Psychologists. It was upheld and is on file with the ACP. Ms. Furman can confirm this. Needless to say, Look elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][398167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2013

Without Dr. Furman's expert knowledge and treatment, I would not have returned to work as quickly as I have. She practically saved my life.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][398166].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2013

I called Furman with great hesitancy, as I was scared, feeling hopeless, and nothing but a shell of a woman. I was not who I use to be. I had been beaten by life, a continual rape survivor who finally snapped,left addled by a useless addiction which didn't help. the next useless dr helped excabrate the problem, which left me for dead by his useless antics& who misdiagnosed me..and eventually left me in ICU for 5 days as a "dead head"..I was scared, terrified, and didn't want to call, but a friend who is a RCMP officer said to my other half, tell her to call Dr. Fuhrman. I finally got the courage to do so. I did not expect her to take me on, as ..what am I worthless,I thought,she did take me on.A lost sheltie in the world with a black leather jacket hiding the hurt. She helped me come out of my shell, explore my self worth and realize that,I am worthwhile I am human, Iam a survivor.She has helped me release the big ass PTSD dog that has been hanging onto my side.The nightmares are gone

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][398165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

I'd like to take this opportunity to express my grattitude for the above and beyond assistance Keli has provided me. I have known and sought treatment from Keli for over 3.5 years. My family and I are truly blessed to have such a dedicated expert work with us. The hardest part for those wishing to seek help is realizing you need help and making that call. I have referred many of my close circle of friends to Keli and they were not let down. Keli is a subject matter expert in PTSD and in particular PTSD in first responders and military. She is part of a PTSD study with Ryerson University and has advised Senator Romeo Dallaire (Ret'd Lt Gen) on the same matter. Not all psychologists are created equally. This holds true as I had previous psychologists who were not at the same level as Keli. If you want improve yourself and take your life back, then make the call to Keli today and I assure you that it will be a life changing experience for the better. Thanks to Keli and her assistant Kay!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][398164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Dr Keli Furman is an outstanding psychologist. Her dedication and professionalism are second to none. She has been a tremendous help to me over the past year and I have and would recommend her services to anyone. Because of people like Keli, professionals in the more dangerous jobs will always have a place to seek help when it is required. Thank-you Doc!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][398163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2013

Keli was more than just therapeutically helpful, she was an advocate and a great support to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][398162].votes_count ]]