Rate Dr. Keli Furman

Dr. Keli Furman's Ratings

I saw Dr. Furman for a work related car accident. I was having nightmares related to the accident, fearful of driving at night and having intense anxiety triggered by oncoming headlights. Dr. Furman used EMDR to treat me and I was amazed at how quickly the treatment worked. I found Dr. Furman to be very kind and compassionate. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a competent psychologist.

Submitted May 12, 2014 | flag

I have had the pleasure of knowing Dr. Keli Furman for approximately 20 years. She is an extremely effective, caring mental health professional who has greatly assisted me and countless other emergency services personnel for several years. I am an RCMP member who gladly assisted Dr. Furman in several critical incident stress debriefings (CISD). She has also successfully treated my PTSD and other acute life issues - and in short order! I have always appreciated her very direct, empowering approach. You have a real fighting chance with her expertise, talent and compassion. Dr. Furman is especially effective with her EMDR treatments. It has been so rewarding for me to have received numerous 'thank-you's from the several police personnel and others whom I have recommended to her during the past two decades. All I can say is THANK YOU, Keli !! Thank you for going out of your way or me many times. You are an amazing psychologist and person. DKL

Submitted Feb. 7, 2014 | flag

I saw Ms. Furman in 2007, as an RCMP officer. My sessions with Ms. Furman were surprisingly easy. Sadly, it was for all the wrong reasons. Ms. Furman seems to have "new age" beliefs recommending pseudo-science movies and that I leave my issues up to "Karma." At the end of sessions, Ms Furman conducted EMDR "therapy." There may be a foundation to EMDR, but given how Ms. Furman conducted it, there was no lasting benefit. Specifically, Ms. Furman made me hold a teddy bear for this. As a grown-up, this was humiliating. I objected to this and was embarrassed but Ms. Furman made light of it saying, "it's a prop." I went along with it. My last session with Ms. Furman was with her proclaiming, "you're cured." I'm guessing that my benefits running out, may have contributed to diagnosis. In 2011, I submitted a complaint to the Alberta College of Psychologists. It was upheld and is on file with the ACP. Ms. Furman can confirm this. Needless to say, Look elsewhere.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2013 | flag

Without Dr. Furman's expert knowledge and treatment, I would not have returned to work as quickly as I have. She practically saved my life.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2013 | flag

I called Furman with great hesitancy, as I was scared, feeling hopeless, and nothing but a shell of a woman. I was not who I use to be. I had been beaten by life, a continual rape survivor who finally snapped,left addled by a useless addiction which didn't help. the next useless dr helped excabrate the problem, which left me for dead by his useless antics& who misdiagnosed me..and eventually left me in ICU for 5 days as a "dead head"..I was scared, terrified, and didn't want to call, but a friend who is a RCMP officer said to my other half, tell her to call Dr. Fuhrman. I finally got the courage to do so. I did not expect her to take me on, as ..what am I worthless,I thought,she did take me on.A lost sheltie in the world with a black leather jacket hiding the hurt. She helped me come out of my shell, explore my self worth and realize that,I am worthwhile I am human, Iam a survivor.She has helped me release the big ass PTSD dog that has been hanging onto my side.The nightmares are gone

Submitted July 6, 2013 | flag

I'd like to take this opportunity to express my grattitude for the above and beyond assistance Keli has provided me. I have known and sought treatment from Keli for over 3.5 years. My family and I are truly blessed to have such a dedicated expert work with us. The hardest part for those wishing to seek help is realizing you need help and making that call. I have referred many of my close circle of friends to Keli and they were not let down. Keli is a subject matter expert in PTSD and in particular PTSD in first responders and military. She is part of a PTSD study with Ryerson University and has advised Senator Romeo Dallaire (Ret'd Lt Gen) on the same matter. Not all psychologists are created equally. This holds true as I had previous psychologists who were not at the same level as Keli. If you want improve yourself and take your life back, then make the call to Keli today and I assure you that it will be a life changing experience for the better. Thanks to Keli and her assistant Kay!

Submitted June 20, 2013 | flag

Dr Keli Furman is an outstanding psychologist. Her dedication and professionalism are second to none. She has been a tremendous help to me over the past year and I have and would recommend her services to anyone. Because of people like Keli, professionals in the more dangerous jobs will always have a place to seek help when it is required. Thank-you Doc!

Submitted Feb. 7, 2013 | flag

Keli was more than just therapeutically helpful, she was an advocate and a great support to me.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2012 | flag

I’ve known Keli roughly sixteen years now. This whole time I’ve known Keli to be an extremely caring, compassionate and giving individual who would go out of her way in order to ensure I was doing well and keeping on the positive path that I know she points all she encounters toward. It’s a strenuous and difficult job year after year being a dependable confidant and important back-bone for so many people. I admire Keli for her ability to influence and guide people towards their best selves and see her go beyond the call of duty in care for her clients. I value Keli in immeasurable ways and know that her concern for me will always be there. It’s extremely hard to find somebody to trust and talk to in this life, but thank god for bringing me Keli because she did saved me from myself and forced me to become a better person in this life, one who I am very proud of today for all the positive progressive strides forward since meeting Keli. Thank you Keli for everything, you are loved!

Submitted March 8, 2012 | flag

I would like to rate Dr Furman to show my appreciation for all the assistance she has given me in healing and becoming a better person. My outlook and quality of life has improved immensely and continues to do so. Dr Furman promotes methods that are livelong changes on how to help yourself with coping with past present and future situations. She is a force that supports self healing and strength and continues to guide in this direction. Thank you Dr Furman for continually helping me to deal with all that is put before me and to accept what I cannot change and learn how to change what I can and for the ongoing support to do so.

Submitted Nov. 13, 2011 | flag