You may also like

Rate Dr. Arif Janjua

Dr. Arif Janjua's Ratings

I believe Dr. Janjua to be knowledgeable to a degree but he did not help my situation. I was one of many patients who walked out with a nasal rinse bottle, only to have my problems persist for months and months down the line. Ultimately I got a new doctor who was able to solve my sinus problems.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2794538].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

I am very thankful to Dr. Janjua and the wonderful staff at St. Paul's hospital. My surgery was performed on November 25, 2014 and I am very comfortable with Dr. Janjua's knowledge, technique, and expertise. The procedure was done with great care and precision. The staff at St. Paul's Hosptial were excellent and demonstrated care and professionalism beyond expetation and made my stay very comfortable. I recovered very quickly and friends have even commented that my energy has returned so soon that it appears I hadn't had surgery at all!

The only improvement I could suggest would be for the admin staff to send a reminder with clear instructions about after surgery care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2711867].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

Dr. Janjua and Dr. Gooderham removed a tumour from the base of my brain at the top of my nasal cavity a few months ago. My follow-up care during my hospital stay, and all interactions with Dr. Janjua and his team since have been great. He and his team care so much for their patients, I have been called by him personally to answer questions (which is lovely considering his schedule). His assistant Jen is a god-send when you're in the whirlwind of diagnosis and assessments and surgery and all the stress that goes along with it. I hope I never need to recommend his services to anyone I know, but would do it without a moment's hesitation if the need ever arose. He and his team are invested in my health, and are conducting a rigorous follow up plan in order to ensure I'm monitored and remain in such good condition post-surgery. His team is fantastic, as is he - couldn't be more thankful that he's my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2682429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2015

My review is 50/50. While I found Dr. Janjua to be friendly, I also found him rather dismissive of my issues. I have been having sinus trouble for years with no relief. While I was in the waiting room I saw numerous people exit with boxes of rinse and was given the same box upon the end of my appointment which has not helped. I will be seeking another opinion.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2631613].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

Dr Janjua did an amazing job with my sinus surgery. I had a lot of polyps and have been on steroids on and off for years.
Since I met Dr Jamjua, he took a different approach with me and with the help of the special rinses and surgery and haven't required steroids for more than 2 years.
He is very committed to his patients and wants the same commitment from them. He's excellent at his job and delivers in results.
His front desk staff ( Jen) is very nice and accommodating. Glad I was referred to his team .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2630433].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2014

My first visit I was seen by his associate who was lovely . My followup I had expected to see her again but was ushered in by an intern and Dr Janjua followed soon after. Even though they knew I have incredibly tiny nasal passages he had his intern to the scope which was a horrible experience. AFter the exam it was a whorl wind of talk about surgery. I went home not really clear about why I was having surgery but thought I would have some time to think about it. A few weeks later i was called with a surgery date. I told the MOA that I didn't know why I was having surgery so she gave me another apt.
This is where things really went bad. Dr Janjua came in with a chip on his shoulder that I would question him the " expert with years of experience and training" ....An actual quote ! Who was I to question him. I wasn't questioning him I just wanted clarity on how the surgery would help as my main problem was that my nasal passages swell shut several times a day. He said it was congestion and if I just used the sprays, I tried to explain I have tried all the sprays for most of my life and nothing helps ! AT this point he told me that I can no longer be his patient if I refuse to follow his orders!!!
All I wanted was to know how surgery was going to help me ! Jerk !
* Note I have a rare medical condition that makes me very different from the norm. Also I have spend many years in and out of Hosp and seen too many specialist to count. I have NEVER met one so ego centered and unwilling to hear my complaints as he!

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2586315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

Mixed review. Seemed knowledgable but wasn't impressed with his bedside manner. Staff also really difficult to get ahold of if you have any questions.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2560817].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

Despite the 1/5 star ratings below, I have to say that Dr. Janjua is the most punctual, empathetic, and knowledgeable specialist I have witnessed. His diagnosis was spot on and his recommendations of surgery vs. no surgery was greatly appreciated. His waitlist is long, but that in itself shows how popular his services are! His credentials speak for themselves and I like how he teaches fellowship doctors during office visits because you almost get things explained to you twice. All in all, HIGHLY recommended for his services.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2558930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

This doctor may have a complaint against him. I came across it on a site after googling his name. It doesn't seem to state what the specifics of the complaint are, however, but the url is http://wp.me/p4qElg-mc

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2556198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2014

I had surgery done by Dr. Janjua earlier this year in what was supposed to be polyps removal. My deviated septum was also fixed. Fast forward to a few months later and I have since found out that the polyps were not removed because Dr. Janjua didn't believe there was any point in removing them as he didn't think that's what was causing my pain. Had I known the polyps were not going to be removed, I wouldn't have gotten the surgery. He also did not like the fact that I asked him questions pertaining to the polyps/my surgery. His response was that he's "the expert."

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2357595].votes_count ]]