Rate Dr. Edward Margolin

Dr. Edward Margolin's Ratings

We waited five months to see Dr Margolin, since April; upon the referral of our eye surgeon; my husband lost the sight in one of his eyes......to say we are no further ahead from going to this appointment, we were prewarned about the long wait time, but this office is run like a fast food restaurant, for one thing the technician that did the field test is running three machines at the same time,, could there ever be a mix up; it did not seem very professional to me.....we had two quick visits with the Dr; he was abrupt, did not give you the opportunity to ask any questions, you basically were dismissed......the Dr was vocused on inputting data on his computer; we filled in a form upon entering the office, it was evident that the Dr did not receive this form, he asked questions that were on the original form....upon our long drive home, we both felt so let down, we were so looking forward to meeting this professional doctor and perhaps getting some questionsw answered, we did not have the oppoortunity to ask anything., In all fairness to the doctor, blood work has been requested, a MRI done....but his last words after being dismissed was "see you in eight months"......do we worry about this, will his other eye suffer, will it get worse; why did it happen etc etc......we are out on a lmb here, we truly do not know anything,...I hope that the Dr reads this and perhaps learns something, we dont expect him to be best buddies with us, we know he is busy, but a couple of minutes, or perhaps ask us if there are any questions.......so we are upset, angry and very depressed........where does one go from here to find out answers????????

Submitted Aug. 16, 2014 | flag

I am a doctor myself, but , was treated like any ordinary patient, no special treatment from Dr. Ed. Very well trained young doctor, patiently answers questions, in email too.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

I was referred to Dr Margolin by my family physician and I was really impressed with his knowledge and care. He made sure to expedite my tests and called me personally with the results. I was really grateful for that. My appointment took a couple of hours as I had to see a technician first and had to wait for my eyes to be dilated. The secretary warned me about a possible long wait so I was prepared for that. Overall I am very happy with the care that I received. Thank you

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

Have been seeing him for a few years, have a tumor that presses on optical nerve. Really a great guy--smart, reserved, but always ready to help and see if there is a problem.

very very long wait

Submitted Aug. 7, 2014 | flag

I had surgery on my eyes by Dr. Margolin in April. Besides waiting hours for him for my pre-op appointment, staff were very rude and incompetent. Secretary didn't seem like she knew what she was doing, she kept mixing up patients and files. When I met Dr. Margolin, he was rude barely took the time to listen to my issues with my eyes. Unfortunately with my condition he was the only Dr. in Ontario that would do my surgery so I had no choice to go with him. The day before my surgery I got a call from the secretary that she forgot to book the anesthesiologist and that I would have no choice but to be fully awake during my eye surgery or re-book my surgery for an unknown later date. My vision was getting so bad, along with the fact that I had already book my 2 week recovery time off with work, I told them I would go ahead with it. When I arrived for my surgery the next day I was told that I would be put under, that was all I was thankful for. My wife had came along with me for my surgery and when she came into the recovery room he joked to her if she would still want to be married to me, with the way I looked. He was very short with me but nice to my wife, he spoke to her and practically ignored me. I had issues after my surgery and he refused the see me for a follow up because it was Passover and there was no other Dr. that could see me. That is when my regular eye doctor took over the care and helped me. I didn't get my folow up with him until 4 weeks later, and even then he was rude and said I was fine and that he did a great job. I would never go to him again or recommend him to anyone, find someone else he is horrible as a Dr. and a person. I now am dealing with the repercussions of a bad surgery and may have to go for another or go on long term disability

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

I had an appointment to see Dr. Margolin. I waited two hours and saw a few people who I still to this day have no idea who they where. After this one doctor looked into my eyes she said she has to talk to Dr. Margolin. So I sat in this chair for 17 minutes. And I am thinking to myself why does she have to see Dr. Margolin when my appointment was suppose to be with this doctor? He then comes in looks in my eyes and says 'oh you have cataracts' and they walk out. I was shocked and horrified cataracts what the hell does this mean? I had to book with another doctor to get a better understanding of the diagnoses. I honestly would never go back to Dr. Margolin. If you book an appointment with him he has you see other people instead and his follow up notes are disgusting. My family doctor couldn't even understand what he wrote as a diagnoses.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2013 | flag

I can't say enough about Dr. Margolin. After seeing a few doctors for inexplicable, mind blowing headaches, my optometrist gave me a referral to see him, and by the end of the first appointment he had set up an MRI to happen within a couple weeks. The day following my MRI I was asked to go to the emergency at Toronto Western Hospital (he had already given me a referral) and I was admitted for brain surgery. The MRI showed I had several brain tumors, the largest life threatening. Dr. Margolin is a warm and compassionate individual, and brilliant doctor. He acted quickly when needed, checked on me in the hospital, and well, helped to save my life.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2013 | flag

I went in to get a copy of my MRI sent to my family doctor. They could not do this without me seeing the doctor, though I told them this is all I wanted. I thought it would be short, I went in early at 8 am and didn't leave until after 12. No warning, I was starving to the point of near fainting. I did not see Dr. Margolin right away went through several of his assistants. He answered his cell while I was in the office with him. Staff was unfriendly, unapologetic, and disorganized. This was a few weeks ago and they still have not sent the MRI to my family doc.

Submitted April 4, 2013 | flag

the wait was long but I was warned beforehand and brought reading material. It's a doctor's office, I'd be surprised if there was no wait. The receptionist didn't talk a lot but considering the amount of patients, I'd think it odd if she spent a lot of time chatting. When I had to book a test, she actually took time out of her lunch to walk me down to the office to try to get me an appointment on the date that I already had some other tests booked so I wouldn't have to drive all the way downtown again. No other receptionist has ever done something like that for me. Yes, she has an accent but guess what - it's Toronto -most people here now have an accent

Submitted Jan. 16, 2013 | flag