Dr. Anne W. Byars

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. Anne W. Byars has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Anne" to "Anne W."

21/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "BIRMINGHAM" to "Hoover"
RID: 2588035

18/03/13 1 3 1 1 There is only one explanation for the high ratings for Dr. Byars and that is your child has never had a medical problem outside of a cold and ear infection. Our child had a serious GI problem and we were assured for 4 months our child was fine. He screamed in pain for almost 16 hours a day. Dr. Byars prescribed 4 reflux medications despite us telling her he didn't seem bothered by reflux and detailed descriptions that didn't match reflux. We saw a specialist who diagnosed our son within minutes and then ran tests to verify. Novel concept. This is all relatively tolerable. The straw that broke the camel's back is the incompetent call back nurse, Vivian. She is an absolute moron who thinks she's an MD. Don't bother talking to her. She doesn't listen and doesn't bother looking at your child's chart. She just makes up stuff as she's on the phone. Go to McCown or better yet another office. Horrible incompetence for an issue that 20% of babies have.
RID: 2578750
07/03/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Byars and the entire nursing staff are AWESOME!!! She was actually a referral 7 years ago when our first daughter was born. Her bedside manners were so professional yet just as warm as if she were family. Now that our second daughter is here, she still remained the same. Quick, efficient and knowledgeable office visits, which are a rare find nowaday, are still being delivered to this day. Each time I have had to go for a visit, we are welcomed with open arms and a smile from the staff. And yes I have referred Dr. Byars to plenty of family and friends and I will continue to do so!!!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2503773
17/12/12 5 5 5 5 Staff is friendly and efficient. Dr. Byars is amazing-fast but goes over evrything-very willing to answer questions-always in a silly and fun mood.
RID: 1461429
10/06/11 5 5 5 5 Love love love Dr. Byars - she is the best pediatrician. My kids have been going to her for 17 years, I hate knowing she will not be their doctor to much longer. She is a cut above all pediatricians and I adore her!! She is awesome.  Respond
RID: 1075162
11/01/10 4 5 5 5 Dr. Byars feels like part of the family. She has been our doctor for 10.5 years and nothing could make me leave her. My daughters love her and she is tremendously caring. She listens to me as the mom, and never belittles how I feel about anything. I never leave unhappy.
RID: 1071608
07/01/10 5 5 5 5 We have been going to her for 7 years now. She is great! Even after we had our last child, she was at the hospital for two mornings streight! She is so caring!! SHE IS A GREAT DOCTOR!!
RID: 1012731
19/10/09 5 5 5 5 A WONDERFUL DOCTOR, SHE HAS BEEN OUR DAUGHTERS DR. FOR OVER FIFTEEN YEARS.
RID: 307072
02/05/07 5 5 5 She is the best pediatrics that I have ever been to, and I have had to take my children in the past to other doctor. She is friendly,caring understanding and I have never had to take my children back to see her a second time for the same thing. She alway gets them well the first time. All three of my children love her. She is one of a kind. Great staff,also.
RID: 293258
22/04/07 4 5 5 Great Doctor!! I couldn't ask for a better doctor to take care of my children. Office staff very nice as well.
Paid (or co-pay): $3000